Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Neo Planett trapped in Menu mode

Samurai

Default Neo Planett trapped in Menu mode

I was just given a Neo Planett last night. It was working at the party, but when I plugged it in at home it goes into some Japanese menu mode.

I have read all the "how-to" reset postings and have tried to do them, but I cant get the skill number to change off of "1" and there is a red LED labeled "N" on the back board that stays lit. The unit will not accept coins; they just fall through.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

go to the pachislo museum and look at the guide for the magic pulsar its the same as the neo planet i think it says return at the bottom try that

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hve you tried moving the joystick, there may be 3 credits already in the machine.

the button for setting skill level may be on your door or by the power supply.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Samurai,
    You get it working ?

"an inquiring mind needs to know or I will wet my pants"
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee
    Samurai,
    You get it working ?

"an inquiring mind needs to know or I will wet my pants"

No, She still will not change odds level or accept coins.

I had a suggestion about going to a (Pachinoko Museum) but I don't know where that is.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here the linc that will take you to it

http://www.pachitalk.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=10

check the magic pulsar info they are the same machine ecept for pictures, but the guts are alike.

Greg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Scroll down farther on the main page to the Pachi-slots you are in the pachinko section these work with balls the slots work with tokens.

Greg

Samurai

Scroll down farther on the main page to the Pachi-slots you are in the pachinko section these work with balls the slots work with tokens.

Greg
    Thanks Greg,

I followed the link and tried the reset procedure all works as told until "press button to cycle from level 1 to 6".

The number never changes, an I know the button works because a LED on the computer board represents it and lights when I press it. There is an LED for each button or switch. Only one labeled "N" never goes off and I feel it is indicating some thing that is not set right. Is there a Tilt or anything that needs to be reset?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

did you follow this step by step ? most don't ender stand the machine needs to off and than turn on the reset key and than the machine.
    set level and hold down joy stick than turn off reset key

HOW TO DO A MAJOR RESET or CHANGE ODDS:

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal key switch, and insertkey.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played.

2. Turn "reset" key switch to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door.

5. Locate and push Skill button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter.

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) foe 10 seconds, and depress both "BET CREDITS" and "COLLECT CREDITS" buttons to lock odds level into machine memory.

7. Turn "reset" key back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.

Samurai

did you follow this step by step ? most don't ender stand the machine needs to off and than turn on the reset key and than the machine.
    set level and hold down joy stick than turn off reset key

HOW TO DO A MAJOR RESET or CHANGE ODDS:

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal key switch, and insertkey.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played.

2. Turn "reset" key switch to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door.

5. Locate and push Skill button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter.

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) foe 10 seconds, and depress both "BET CREDITS" and "COLLECT CREDITS" buttons to lock odds level into machine memory.

7. Turn "reset" key back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.

After step 4 it turns on with a 1 in the LCD but the button will not change the number. I am using the push button right by the LED on the back of the door. Even though I cant get the number to change I follow the rest of the instructions and it does go dark and then restart. but the light at the coin input does not come on and it will not accept coins, the just fall through. The solenoid that controls where the coins goes does not activate.

thanks,

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are the LED's on the front of the machine showing you anything once you've restarted the machine?
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    Are the LED's on the front of the machine showing you anything once you've restarted the machine?
    the credit number goes back to ZERO it showed 1 during the skill level resetting.
    The screen in front of the wheels show various pictures and neo planett graphics and then have "Menu" at the bottom,

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just did my PlantT

Machine is off

Turned on reset (if reset is alread on turn on machine and turn off reset)
    Machine is off reset is off
    tur on reset
    turn on machine
    the button on inside door with a led readout should show a number push in that button close to it till the number show you want, than hold down joy stick for ten seconds.

Than turn off reset key.

the machine should be ready to play see if it takes coins, if not and you did above than you have problems other than reset will take care of.

contact the dealer you bought it from mon to see what they can do.

greg

let me know if this works, it did on mine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After this reset procedure that Arby just laid out, your front indicators will show a 0 as no tokens have been put into the system.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Samurai

I just did my PlantT

Machine is off

Turned on reset (if reset is already on turn on machine and turn off reset)
    Machine is off reset is off
    tur on reset
    turn on machine
    the button on inside door with a led readout should show a number push in that button close to it till the number show you want, than hold down joy stick for ten seconds.

Than turn off reset key.

the machine should be ready to play see if it takes coins, if not and you did above than you have problems other than reset will take care of.

contact the dealer you bought it from mon to see what they can do.

greg

let me know if this works, it did on mine.
    Thanks, Greg
    Your instructions are very clear, as I followed them everything is o.k. till I try to change the number off of "1" by pushing the button. There is no change,

I thank you for your help and off to the vendor it will go on Monday.
    You are correct in that it has a more serious problem.

I was a gift my staff gave me last night and they did say it had a 1 year warranty.

Thanks for your help, and now I must be off to buy stuff for Xmas!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    The number never changes, an I know the button works because a LED on the computer board represents it and lights when I press it. There is an LED for each button or switch. Only one labeled "N" never goes off and I feel it is indicating some thing that is not set right. Is there a Tilt or anything that needs to be reset?
    I just checked on my Neo Magic Pulsar, and the LED labeled N only turns on when I depress the joystick. I would unplug the cables from the joystick at both ends and replug them back in and see if that is the problem. If not then you may have a busted joystick

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Webdude

N on the back board means that the joy stick is stuck on. Also if the menu is up means you might have a stuck button. When I received mine the right menu button was stuck. My joystick had a problem. Someone put a piece of foil to act as the flag instead of the plastic piece that belongs there. It worked for about a hour then stopped. Sounds like you bought your from the same dealer as I did.

Here is the translation of the menu.
    http://www.mynetworkplace.net/neom.jpg

#7 – Tells about NEO PLANET / game overview
    #6 – Can’t figure it out ????????
    #5 – Allotment on wheel
    #4 Set up / display window. How to set up display.
    #3 – Score history. I guess you can have multiple players
    #2 – Individual information display. I guess you can have multiple players
    #1 – Bonus information.
    #8 – Return

If you pm me I will give you my phone number and help you with your problem.
    :smt114

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just want to say that this is a perfect example of how valuable this free forum is :!: I think all of you should be complimented for springing forth to help on this matter :!:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Garsh Lew, now you be embarassin me :oops:

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Funny thing, my Speed rtacer just did this the other day. I coudl run coins in the machinea and they would fall in the hpper but i woudlnt get any credits , nor woudl it spin. I tried to reset it and the odds would not change. It woudl do the smae thing everytime. I finally unplugged it and messed with some iwries nad plugs and then di danother reset. It then worked fine, Im not sure what the dela was, must have been a loose connection. FIrst time ive ever seen that happen though. Normally the coins will fall bakc into the tray, but they were going directly in the machine!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast