Thread: My first Jankyu and its restoration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My first Jankyu and its restoration

Well I have a Jankyu Machine almost.
    It arrived from Japan on Sat morn and I had a chance to do the first of the restoration process yesterday.

I knew that the machine was to be in very bad shape as this info was given by the seller but I took the chance.

I was also told that it DOES NOT work but maybe I can get it up and running.

Its not only missing the glass its missing the Door that holds the glass!! That was not told to me!

The Machine is very very dirty. You would think that it was sitting in a coal mine for 20 years. The Electronics
    are saturated with soot and tar as is everything else.

I dont know how many balls it uses or even how to play it.

For now Im just cleaning it and repairing anything that I can repair before I even attempt to fire it up.

I think that all of the machines I have worked on up to this point have prepared me for the work that it will take to restore this machine.

There is lots to do for now I have completed the rear of the machine with the exception that I need to fabricate a post/connector for the coin slide to the Coin Payout solenoid as it is missing.

I will begin work on the back of front of the machine tomorrow. There are tons of parts and electronics to deal with. It is a very complex machine with many switches and electronic components. More so than any prior machine that I have restored.

I took pics of before and after of the rear of the machine and of the mess it makes of my apt LOL

Again everything was taken apart and cleaned even the wire harnesses, Control boards , switches , wire harness mounts etc
    I tried my best to clean the Ribbon wire but the tar wouldn't come completely off.

The pics of the face of the machine are very deceiving as the machine is a wreck very very dirty but you cant tell from the photos.

The pic of the cell close up gives you some idea of the crud.

I will use the next few post for the pics as there are a bunch.

Hope you find this interesting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 19 users say "Thanks" to Eddie