Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Taiyo Electron power advice needed Eddie!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Taiyo Electron power advice needed (Eddie!)

Purtey and Shiney. Great job Ya don their!
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

2. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Success! I finally solved the last little puzzle tonight and all is working correctly!

The lights in the upper left corner that show when token reserves are low or when you get a ball in the double points pocket weren't lighting and the lights behind the spinners weren't lighting either, so I took another look at the wiring. Since the circuit board for the corner lights seemed to be the nexus for all the lights that weren't working—and because I had neglected to take a proper photo of the connections—I decided that I might have reassembled it with two identical connectors swapped. Quick swap and everything worked!

Now the double pocket not only lights up, it also pays out double like it's supposed to. And the lights in the spinners flash when the stop score window has one, two, three 7s or three of any number. Much more satisfying to play now.

It's a wicked hard machine to win on, though. The lever is hyper-sensitive and tends to under- or overshoot—both of which are likely to send the ball to either end of the pocket row. And the nails are diabolically arranged to channel balls so it's hard to complete the four or more in a row around the ring that you need to score. I usually play until the machine has taken all my tokens, and that doesn't take much more than an hour (guess I need more tokens).

I'm very happy to have succeeded bringing this baby back to life. Plus I learned a lot about disassembly (TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS), cleaning (Novus is your friend), and reassembly (only four washers and two screws left that I couldn't remember where they went). I've learned to use a Dremel, I've learned how to repair plastic parts I've broken, I've discovered my little finger is the width of a pachinko ball (good for polishing between rows of nails with Brasso), and I've learned a ton of really helpful info reading PachiTalk posts.

Special thanks to Eddie for his help in getting the right replacement bulbs, his help figuring out what token size I needed, and all his posts on Arepachis so I knew how mine was supposed to work; and especially for his amazing reconditioning skills that inspired me to clean everything until it sparkled. It's very satisfying to have a shiny new vintage machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.”

4. The following 16 users say "Thanks" to sharmoni

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The machine looks great !! Well done. I want one of those!

Did you try to adjust the shooter spring length to control the amount of force it gives to the shooter?

We want Vids!!!
    Led Zepplin

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome job and it sounds like it was such a rewarding experience for you. What a great wealth of information to pass down to the next new member that comes around looking for help!
    Dawn

8. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I moved the spring out to the max and still found it was too strong. At that point the kinetic energy was such that the balls ricocheted worse than with the stronger setting. I think I will mess with the others just to see what a difference it makes.

Sometimes I get better results flinging balls as fast as I can so they bounce off each other, which can offset some of the built-in channeling in the nails. Other times I'll shoot balls one at a time and try to figure out the sweet spots for each numbered pocket. I'm having a great time with it, as it's more a game of skill than most of my other machines.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to sharmoni

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Once you get the spring tension to the desired setting it will be time to do some nail bending!
    Led Zepplin

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just had the weirdest thing happen. I got a lucky roll of the numbers and it came up 777. The tulips did their usual opening and I got enough balls in to score 7. Then this loud sound started going off at a regular rate, something between a beep and a horn. The lights behind the spinners were flashing in time with the sound. I put in another token and after it played the startup sound it went back to the steady sound and flashes. I played quickly and scored 0 then put another token in, but it didn't stop (and it was frickin' loud), so I turned off the power switch. After the restart the sound and flashes had stopped. The game seems to be playing normally again. Any ideas what it was? A 777 jackpot alert? It didn't pay out any more than usual, but I know the 777 is often a big deal.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

bump...
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2