Well, I killed it!

A cheap $5.00 multimeter cost me my cool new toy!

I was trying to get my battle counter working with my DRM machine, so I checked every wire for power both AC and DC, and nothing... I was able to get continuity using the same meter, when I drop a ball in the center pocket, so I figured it was safe. Wrong! I connected the start lead to the start connector, and ZAP! Now the only thing the battle counter does when you plug it in is light up all of the LEDs on top. They just stay on solid all of the time.

I found another multimeter and went back over the connectors on DRM, and it's putting out about 12v on the Start connector, and 30v on the OOATARI and KAKUHEN. The only thing that made the situation better is that I finally got DRM to go into a fever round!

Has anyone had this problem? Is there a fix?

Also, I opened the battle counter to see if anything was burnt or visibly damaged, but could not find anything. I do see 2 other connectors in there that the harness would fit on. These connectors have the same symbols as the one the harness is connected to now. They have additional symbols on the top of the connectors. Is this for different machine types (Current vs. contact)?