Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones FEVER Screen Help...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Indiana Jones FEVER Screen Help...

Maybe we should make a note of it's Serial Number just in case it ends up
    being shipped out to some one else

Someone new to Pachinko might not realise there is a problem if it gets to a
    dry spell and they never get to see a Fever??
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, so here's a quick image run though.

TopSerial150x415.jpg
    Image 1) Top Serial Number

BottomSerial300x230.jpg
    Image 2) Bottom Serial Number

OffOn300x416.jpg
    Image 3) Off/On Switch w/ Reset Button underneath

BallTray400x225.jpg
    Image 4) Full Ball Tray

ErrorLight300x287.jpg
    Image 5) "-" Error Message

I start my Pachinko like usual by holding down the reset button and switching the on/off switch to "on". After two "BEEPS" the screen comes on. This is what happens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvxKjg_GJZc

For some reason there is no factory start screen or intro. Instead it opens into mid game play.

Once situated I play for a while, trying to get 3 in a row (like slots). Sometime I get a full spin and then others it looks like it skips and cuts the spin short.

While recording this footage I landed on the screen below. This screen automatically advanced me to the Indiana Jones FEVER screen. I can't for the life of me figure out how I won a reach and why it bypassed it all together. Any ideas?

GamePlay.jpg

The next movie is a repeat of what happens every time I get to a "FEVER" screen. The screen just hangs and the audio (Iny theme) repeats itself over and over again. The flame flippers on both sides of the skull open and close though there is no payout once I land a ball in. Since I had the camera on I decided to take a look in back of the pachinko. The back error message read "7", telling me that there wasn't enough balls in the payout tray on top. I manually adjust the balls in the top hopper and for some reason or another a payout starts happening (might have been jammed once I placed more ball in). The error message flashes to "-" then "7" again. I moved the camera back to the front of the pachinko and the "FEVER" screen was still hanging. The theme repeated roughly 6 times (an eternity)

BTW sorry for the raw movie, I have no way to edit, please sit through it all the best you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMkSwU1kY18

BTW sorry for the raw movie, I have no way to edit, please sit through it all the best you can.

Finally after a while the screen jump cuts to Indy walking down a hallway cavern.

LongWalk.jpg

Usually by this time I have lost interest and turn the pachinko off.

Am I just inexperienced with Pachinko Game Play or is there something seriously wrong and I should just ship it back as advised?

BTW I just got up, took a break from writing this (waiting while uploading YouTube footage) to play IJ where I left off. I somehow got to the reach with the stone bolder chasing me, won it and got to the "FEVER" screen. This time I had about 200 balls in the top hopper/loader and there was no pay off in sight. I was sinking in balls all over that skull with "nada" coming out! I flipped the cabinet over and saw the dreaded "7" Error Message. I manually had to shift the balls through the side crack of the hopper and eventually I got a pay out.

THIS IS SO FREAKEN' FRUSTRATING!!!
    Last edited by JSpirtos; 02-26-2008 at 04:02 PM.

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to JSpirtos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for taking the time to upload all that video & info. I have Indy myself and my own view would be that you need to get the machine returned & replaced by the vendor. The issues in terms of payout are probably something simple that we could talk you through to fix (probably a blockage somewhere or something simple), but what I am more concerned about is the lack of video when you hit the fever. It just shouldn't do that.
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I hate the fact that I'm the one that got screwed though I hope this thread helps anyone with the same problem.

Now it's time to unscrew my pachinko out of it's cabinet and pack it up tight. Let's just see if http://www.slot-pachinko.com does good.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good luck in working with them. Make sure you pack it well. Last thing you want is a damaged machine at their door and they claim it's your fault.

Let us know how it is going.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I still have the original box though sent my brother to work for some industrial sized packaging foam (the comic book shop is right next to a high-end furniture shop, loads of 3" thick foam walls and wooden creates).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good Luck, and I hope they sort it fast for you

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You definitely have some kind of problem with the payout system, although you need way more than 200 balls for a parlor ready machine. It could be that the Fever won't advance because of the payout error...does that seem likely to anyone?
    It might be the sensor in the hopper that's messed up. Daverob knows the Lumina frame inside and out and could tell what the problem was while asleep I bet.

However, the fact that you jump to a fever without hitting a reach is wrong. That isn't supposed to happen especially when you didn't even get a triplet during regular play. Also you should never get a spin that doesn't complete. You may get spins that finish quickly i.e. short spins where they reels spin about half as much and stop quicker. They sometimes do this if you have a lot of spins banked, but all three reels must stop and display. It sounded like you were saying spins were being abandoned before completing.

During a fever, the payout is not in the top hole of the skull - that is still just the Start pocket. The fever payout is in the side of the skull, with the wings open.

I still think you should just send it back, especially if they are willing to do an exchange for you. I realize it's frustrating, but don't let it spoil you on pachinko and give the vendor a chance to make it right. Most of us have had to deal with something like this at some point.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to fronzdan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by fronzdan View Post
    It might be the sensor in the hopper that's messed up. Daverob knows the Lumina frame inside and out and could tell what the problem was while asleep I bet.
    It is highly unlikely to be a problem with the payout system. There is a separate microprocessor for payout control, and it doesn't appear to feedback any error status to the main control processor, so won't have any effect on the display processor at all.

My moneys on a memory fault (RAM or ROM) with the display processor system. Though I couldn't be certain without taking a good look at it myself.

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm going to try to pack it up this weekend. I have the original box though need some padding (was thrown out with the recyclables). Since I work next to a high-end furniture shop there should be some industrial size Styrofoam sheet walls I can snag out of the trash.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Everyone,

Unfortuantly I do not remember if I wrote the Serial Number Down. Curt did replace my machine but I was very upset. He told me they tested my machine and everything was working fine and there was video on the fever. I hate to say this but it pisses me off when I know there wasnt and he told me there was nothing wrong with the machine. But he did replace it with one with the blue background.

17. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to sstan24

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That must be why he shipped what appears to be the same one out to JSpirtos.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Called Slot-Pachinko, they were more than helpful over the phone and have set up a FedEx pick up for Thursday. I just emailed them links to both this thread (so they can see the YouTube start up and game play problems) and the one I left praising their cabinetry work (other than the random ball shooting out in back they make a great cabinet, here's the Cabinet Thread).

I have a good feeling that they'll make good. I just hope I can get the same warm brown cell play field to match the cabinet stain.

20. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to JSpirtos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just received a refund via PayPal for the Pachinko. I emailed back stating that I asked for a "exchange, not a refund" though I might just move on to another dealer at this point.

Who else online sells the Indy model?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Take the money and run!!
    Bill
    "trying Is the first step towards failure" Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Billy joe and bobby sue?

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Seriously, who else online sells the Indiana Jones Fever Pachinko Machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Email this guy: gameplanett@yahoo.com

That's whatever is left of Samuraislots. He'll send you a price list quickly. I don't know what they charge for shipping now. The price was about the same as TA if I remember...around $230 - $250
    Last edited by fronzdan; 03-14-2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

27. The following user says "Thanks" to fronzdan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just emailed him, thanks.

I also just got an email back from slot-pachinko.com and was told that my machine needs a new MCB. What is a MCB?

I'm heading out to Wizard World (Los Angeles) on Sunday and might hit a few Pachinko venders there. I'm still looking for a Star Trek, Thunderbirds and a few other odds n' ends.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast