Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Battle Counter Help Needed

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Battle Counter Help Needed

Looking at my Top Gun, the plugs are labeled the same. CN1, CN2 etc. I am a bit apprehensive about hooking up my new battle counter sent by Arby, because I don't want to cause it to go crazy!
    Dave Rob , any thoughts on hooking a Asahi Miina 21E to a Taiyo Elec Top Gun machine?

Thanks, Jerry
    PACHINKO, THE #1 DRUG!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I want a battle counter too! Where are these from? Does Arby sell them?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

MrGoodBurn, Arby often has battle counters listed for sale on the PachiTalk auction site, Click Here to view his auction listings.

Jerry, I don't have any connection information for the Taiyo 'Antler' frame, if you can send me clear photos of the connectors, and the labels on the back of the machine, I can check them to see which connectors go where.

I wouldn't recommend plugging them in just to see if they work, as this frame might use voltage ouputs (rather than the contact outputs that the Sankyo frames use), and this could cause damage to the battle counter if it's not connected correctly.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Daverob I picked one up from Arby on the auction site. I will look at all of my frames to see what outputs they have. Someone left pigtails where the battle counter goes on my Daiichi DRM, so I will test for voltage vs. contact. I can use a series of relays if necessary. Once I test all of my machines; I will buy enough for all of them. I can't wait to build a custom cabinet to fit this in. I wasn't aware that the battle counters ever escaped the parlors... I'm feeling and now I'll be until it gets here!

Arby is the man!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

MrGoodBurn

I need your full shipping address

arbycoffee@qwestoffice.net

or your Battle counter will just sit here wait for his good home
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

7. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just sent that info to you...

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DaveRob, Here are the pics of Top Gun. What kind of voltage am I looking for? Do you think it is possible to use these plugs?
    Thanks, Jerry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PACHINKO, THE #1 DRUG!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodBurn View Post
    Someone left pigtails where the battle counter goes on my Daiichi DRM, so I will test for voltage vs. contact. I can use a series of relays if necessary.
    You may find three of the connectors have the pig-tail wires missing, and these are likely to be the ones for the battle counter to be connected to.

You won't need to make a relay board. The Asahi Miina (like most battle counters) should have two sets of inputs, one set for machines with contact outputs, and a second set for voltage outputs (this is one of the reasons why there's usually a large number of unused connections on a battle counter's wiring harness).

I'm intending to make an update to the draft version of the Battle Counter Output Terminal Descriptions so that it actually has some information about connecting a battle counter to a machine. But I could do with some photos of the connections, and the labels on the back of the machines describing the connectors, so I can check my assumptions and hopefully build up a database of machines and the correct connections to use. (Also photos of the error code LED/display and the associated labels on the pachinko machine would also be very helpful while the cameras are out. ).

If anyone can help with this, then let me know by PM, and I'll give you an email address to send pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by portercbl View Post
    Here are the pics of Top Gun. Do you think it is possible to use these plugs?
    Thanks Jerry, The photos clearly show the opto-isolators on the circuit board above the connectors. Seeing as there appears to be the same number of opto-isolators as there is output connectors, I think it is safe to assume that all the ouputs are isolated contact outputs (ie the same as the Sankyo frames), and you should be able to connect to them without any worries about damaging your battle counter.

Which connector is which is going to have to be a guessing game (unless there is a label on the back of the machine describing the connectors). It's highly unlikely the numbering is going to match the Sankyo ones (especially seeing as the numbering is different between Sankyo frames!). If there is a label on the back of the cell, then post a pic and with a bit of luck I should be able to translate the connector descriptions.

11. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Daverob, Here is a link to some pictures of my machines. Let me know if this helps.

http://www.madnessinside.com/pachita...chinko/images/

13. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGoodBurn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodBurn View Post
    Daverob, Here is a link to some pictures of my machines. Let me know if this helps.
    Thanks, I'll take a good look at them when I get the time and see what I can make out.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to daverob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2