Thread: Vintage Pachinko Sightings

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Vintage Pachinko Sightings

Just found some Vintage Pachinkos in unusual places.

The first pic is from a remodeling website and the owner of this apt incorporated a machine for decoration.

The second set of pics is from a restaurant that I just learned was right here in the city! Stupid me I must have passed it a Million Times! (So you know Im going to check it out later today) I will take my own pics.

Here is a blurb from a review

Kenka

25 St. Marks Place, NYC

HAHAHAHA, Just Kidding! I heart hipsters. I even heart Monica Belluci even after some youngin' got to see her naked body.

She's real hot like fire. And no, if I saw her I wouldn't think of rape. I would never rape someone. How can you be so dumb?!

That's wrong. Wrong like old people behind the wheel of a car, wrong like gluing razor blades to a toilet seat, wrong like Missy Elliot passing herself off as heterosexual. She's just like Rosie O'Donnell who's going to come out when her career flops. Even if Missy flops the Japanese will still be able to stomach her. They love her like they love nostalgic eras, rice, and bull penis. They, as in the Japanese, have very a distinct palette of tastes. Most of which I will never understand but some I will never be able to thank fully. Thanks to them we have a place like Kenka. They pearl harbored St. Marks Place between 2nd and 4th in Greenwhich Village and set up shop. From the vintage clothing stores to restaurants they own the neighborhood. Kenka sits below the squatters hangout of Search & Destroy. First thing to know about Kenka is that you won't be sitting anytime soon. And that's true even if you are good looking and azn. That's right, I said AZN. But you'll understand why they all wait after you get to
    sit down.sure you can go across the street to Dojo for some food; if you are an idiot and like bad food. Kenka's got entrees and appetizers and pitchers of Sapporro and Kirin Lager for the cheap, son. Nothing on the menu is more than $15 which includes a very different selection of food.turtle soup and bull penis. Asides from that they have some pretty traditional eats. I
    personally go with the whole grilled squid, rice pouridge(zousi or sousi) and some isitashi (spinach with bonito flakes.I heart bonito flakes). They have some hot pot cooking for about $12. This place is exactly what you need to fill you up or get you drunk. It's not the place to be when you want swank. The old school sound system, like the one you saw in the school yard,
    takes away the swank.

Pachinko machines, although broken, line the way to the bathroom and to the smoke room. Yes, smokers can smoke in the smoke room. And yes you can go potty in the bathroom. Here's a hint too.the one closet to the Pachinko Machine is the men's lavatory. Take heed to some of the pictures in Kenka. Whomever the decorator for Kenka was had some very funny ideas. I spotted a tattooed penis, a naked Geisha and a cotton candy machine.alright, so the
    last one is like at the entrance but what a great idea. At the end of every meal they give each and every person a small cup filled with your own sugar to make your own Cotton Candy!!! My gosh, I love this place.

.and try the bull penis. It sucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Vintage Pachinko Sightings

Do you have any restaurant reviewers in NYC that are sane?
    A Hardy har har...

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Meathead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Led Zepplin

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

pachinko located above the toilet

make sure you wash your hands after playing
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

8. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is an interesting cabinet for a Vintage machine. I found this from a list of a closed NY estate auction from 06.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Led Zepplin

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I see them in movies all the time. I was watching School of Rock tonight, and found one on the wall of their apartment during the end credits.

I just picked up a vintage on ebay for $75.00 last week, and I can't wait for it to get here. I looks to be in real good shape.

Everyone should own at least one vintage... Then they can spot one everyday!

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGoodBurn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Vintage Pachinko Sightings

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodBurn View Post
    I see them in movies all the time. I was watching School of Rock tonight, and found one on the wall of their apartment during the end credits.

I just picked up a vintage on ebay for $75.00 last week, and I can't wait for it to get here. I looks to be in real good shape.

Everyone should own at least one vintage... Then they can spot one everyday!
    Yeah, I noticed that one a while back...

Here's a link where it was discussed...

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...ko+school+rock
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

14. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Saw another vintage in the movie "Abattoir" about an hour and 28 minutes in. Sorry, no pic, but it's on Netflix. Creepy movie.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to naha13