Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fake bidders are bidding on our auctions?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Fake bidders are bidding on our auctions?

We have noticed a few bidders, one of which ended up being the high bidder and I am quite sure they aren't going to pay. Both of these auctions had users that bid on my auction and just joined ebay the day of their bid.... HMMMM, and we haven't heard from them since. What would you guys think, another seller or someone trying to make my auctions end so nobody real wins them?

Here were the links to our 2 auctions, 1 of which ended and the other one we canceled their bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...51494&rd=1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well the first one it's certainly hard to say since they have no history but I would offer it to that second party and see if they're interested.

That second one, I'm not sure why you cancelled it?
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if you don't want bids from people with zero feedback you can say that in your ad.

the first one just closed yesterday you could email and ask how they are paying,

i have a lot of people who don't pay for 2 or 3 days or longer.

there are always new people joining every day and they have to start somewhere.

and a lot of them don't know the real value of machines.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

But Guys, as a seller, you get a feeling about the way a bidder, reacts, New people seem to, just can't wait to pay and get their new item, It is the one who don't answer your emails or PAY. You get a feeling, I have one on my "One of A Kind Sopranos Series Slot Machine " late to contact me the check will be mail the end of the week. A no show.
    You block them and file for a refund and go on. But you do get a feeling.

Coffee pots on, got Danish: Raisen, prune, chesse, cherry.
    Bring your cup
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've probably sold 20 machines in the last week and like 6 of them have a feedback of 3 or less. I think a couple had 0, but now have 1 or 2 from other purchases. It's Christmas. People are searching for presents and ebay ads show up on Google searches.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

oh i forgot to say the guy had 18+ feed back. who didn't follow thru.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ZCore13
    It's Christmas. People are searching for presents and ebay ads show up on Google searches.
    I have seen eBay ads on TV and received them in the mail as well....

I have had three friends ask me how to use eBay in the last month.

a LOT of new users out there. However, i still get nervous when I am planning on bidding on something or selling something and someone with 0 feedback and an ID created that day starts bidding up the price...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ZCore13
    ebay ads show up on Google searches.
    Are there ways to get your own auctions to show up in a google search?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

agreed.[but like arby siad, you get a feeling). I got a feeling on a 0 feedback one time and come to find out she wasnt going to pay for it. SHe come right out and told me. I told her then its up to ebay, they can make you pay(even though they wont) it scraed her into paying for it! She was afraid the slot was illegal in her state, I told her next time she bids on something, make sure she knows everything she needs to before bidding!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Davis very good!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I certainly can understand your not wanting people with 0 feedback winning one of your auctions. I have been lucky on that basis that the 0 feedback winners have all paid but my stuff is not big ticket like what you all are selling plus mine usually are Buy It Now with immediate PayPal payment required.

I imagine that if I ever get into the big ticket sales like all of you that I will also have to take a look at that 0 feedback buyer closer.

This is an interesting thread and it would be nice to see other dealers step into this discussion.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Zero feedback bidders scare the heck out of me, particularly on big ticket items. They usually won't even identify the state they are from. Rest assured the chance their ebay contact information is accurate is slim.

Don't hesitate to contact them before the auction ends(you can since they are in your auction) and ask them to contact you by phone or email to verify they are eligible to bid in your auction. Insist they provide a street address which corresponds to their name--no PO boxes.

Legit new bidders will be eager to please and the probable non-paying jerk will reply with some sort of abusive or threatening email.

My gut feeling: when in doubt--cancel their bid. If two zero feedbacks get in a bid war on your item, cancel both of them--they are jerking you around and will run off serious bidders.

Look at the auction of yours which had 40+ bids. It appears the serious bidders left the show around the $225 mark and the rest looks like kids just running up the bid from that mark.

In your case, I hope I am 100% wrong and your winning bidder comes through for you.

Good Luck!
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you can always use this link to get thier user info. I have had to use it numerous times to call the buyer and ask them when they would be paying!

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...mberSearchShow

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Send all your 0 feedbacks to me. I'll take their money and rist a rare non pay Do you really think a lot of people sign up on ebay, search specifically for skill stop slot machines and then run up a bid with no intention of ever paying?

I just had a 0 feedbacker run an auction up a little. He ended up losing by $2. I sent him a 2nd chance offer and he bought it. So he not only made me money by bidding on the first one, but doubled my pleasure by buying a different one.

If you owned a store and someone came in and said they'd like to purchase your slot machine, but they'd be right back. Would you think quickly to yourself, wait a minute, I've never seen him before. Then before he leaves to go get his money, tell him, "No Thanks, I just canceled your offer. No need to come back with money."?

Seems strange to send buyers away...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I never send them away myself, just post in my auctions that if you have feedback below 5 to contact me first. It doesnt work though. People dont even really read through the description I dont think!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'd say at least 1/3 of my sales this season were from 0-3 feedback winners. Some gave me that feeling when they didn't contact me for 2 days but payment shows up on day 3. First contact I got from them was the paypal notice that a payment was made. Many new people don't have that expectation of instant contact that a lot of sellers on eBay have come to provide and expect in return. When a seller or a buyer doesn't follow the "gotta email you now" mantra it make you nervous. It's the way we've come to expect to do business on eBay. Especially with paypal where instant payment is possible.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am selling now only PAYPAL, or pick up. and only instant payment on Paypal.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee
    I am selling now only PAYPAL, or pick up. and only instant payment on Paypal.
    sounds familiar hehe...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well everyone, I originally made this thread and now I came back to it to tell everyone the bidder with 0 feedback which won my auction the same day they became a member PAID! I guess it took him longer to pay as it was his first time on ebay and didn't understand how everything worked. Thank you to all who replied and gave your opinions and thoughts. Happy Holidays from Dave @ 7 Mile Slots..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well then, alls well that ends well. Glad it worked out for both of you! :-)
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast