Thread: Sankyo Star Wars Pachinko - Bent Nails?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo Star Wars Pachinko - Bent Nails?

Greetings. I'm a new user/purchaser of a Sankyo Star Wars Pachinko. When playing, I've noticed taht balls are not entering some of the pockets. Some have pins that are bent right in front of the pocket. I have some hi-res pictures on: New Page 3. If my theory is correct, some of the pins need to be bent or removed (probably not removed, but it's a choice). Thanks for the assistance. Ken K.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Star Wars Pachinko - Bent Nails?

that what is done in the parlors in japan to limit the easy ball wins
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, you need to bend them. This is also how you would increase your chances of fevering - by opening up the pins above the start pocket. And if you're really good, you can adjust pins all over the playfield to better direct the balls to the right areas. That's an artform.

A lot of times you can just bend em with your fingers. Go a little at a time. You can also use an appropriately sized socket wrench (very small). It would fit over the pin and give you better leverage. Be careful not to push the socket wrench into the playing surface though...don't want to leave an indentation. There are also professional pin bending kits. Check with Arbycoffee...he probably has some for sale.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

they are designed that way, the ball must bounce off some other pins in enter the pocket.

as long as you can get a ball to enter thru the side opening of that pin area your ok.

you could adjust the pins slightly out on that side opening.

most of us just adjust the nails by the start pocket. others adjust the nails on the whole playfield
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome!! I start out opening up the nails around the start pockets, then carefully adjusting the nails on the playfield. Go easy bending them. A small adjustment can direct the balls in the wrong direction.
    My favorite color is Ham

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee View Post
    that what is done in the parlors in japan to limit the easy ball wins
    What Arby said is exactly right... If you think about it as if it was a slot machine you better understand. On a slot machine or pachislo you are able to change the odds on winning through the machines program. On a pachinko you have to bend the nails to achieve the same result. It isn't dishonest. Just part of the art of pachinko.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to johntofva

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks to all who responded. I had not figured it was set that way in a parlor, very interesting. Some of the pins are bent so a ball cannot get in anyway, tried it with the glass open. So, I will bend them (carefully) so at least a ball can go in (sometimes!). The next (maybe minor) problem is getting the claw to open. I need to do some more testing. Another question - does anyone know if the connectors used on this machine (specifically the 2 pin, as in the speaker connectors) are available form places like Mouser or Digikey?
    thanks again for the great responses. Ken K.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The claw will open for very brief periods as it counts the number of times a ball goes through a certain gate...it's the one that looks like it does nothing. The claws will flick open so fast you'll barely notice.

After you fever and during special higher probability rounds it'll open for longer periods. This basically increases your chances of fevering (again).

If you're looking for connectors in order to build a special volume control harness, you're probably better off just cutting the wire and splicing one in. Finding the exact connector can be a nightmare. Maybe someone like Daverob might know better.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The connectors are the same series as Eddie found in this thread, but I can't see any two way ones listed in the mouser catalogue (I'm probably not looking hard enough though).

The Molex part number for the 2 way connectors are 51382-0200 for the housing, with same 56134-9000 crimp terminals. The PCB mounting headers that mate with this connector are 55932-0210 (straight) or 55935-0210 (right angle).

Only downside is that the crimp tooling for these connectors costs about $1000, though you might be able to find something cheaper that will work just as well.

Interestingly enough the Molex data sheet for this connector series actually mentions 'Pachinko games' in the Applications section.

11. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks again for the quick replies. I will play with the gate mentioned and see if I can get the claw to open. Thanks.
    On the connectors, thanks for pointing out Molex, know them well. I've been looking through the catalog, but now I can zero in on the proper part. Yes, I am designing a small harness for the volume control. I can do the splicing, but I prefer a plug in alternative. I have a friend who also wants one. I'm planning to use a dual (stereo) pot, something around 500 ohms. I really wanted to get into the front end of the audio amp. Maybe do some mods around the original volume slide switch. But I'm really not in the mood to take it all apart, having just got it this week. Thanks again for the replies. If/when I get the harness done. I'll post a picture. Ken K

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to wb2art

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now what are the proper JST connectors for various machine frame/battle counter connections?

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

15. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate