Thread: Reward Hopper Won't Pay Out

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Reward Hopper Won't Pay Out

Hey there everyone, this is my first time posting here, but I am in need of help. I recently won a Bruce Lee (Takao) pachinko machine, and everything was working great, until a few days ago. The machine was no longer paying out, whether in the jackpot area, or any of the surrounding areas. I've looked around on this site, but I haven't found anything to be specifically useful yet. I also have not found any jams, or any problems of that sort. The launcher still launches the balls, and everything lights up and sounds, but I am given no rewards, nor does the jackpot slot-thing initiate.

I assume that if I could read japanese, I would have figured this thing out by now, but I can't read what the error code I am receiving means. I am getting error code #1. I also have no manual (due to the fact that it was won, and not bought), and am recieving no help from the people I won it from. Any help would be appreciated, and any help I can give to you guys to make the solution easier would be no problem on my part.

Thank you for any help I recieve,
    Mark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Reward Hopper Won't Pay Out

that code indicates payout hopper empty. check the plug on the sensor. insure that both ball tracks are full.(there are are two tracks coming from the hopper down to the payout motor)
    try a hard reset also: power down then hold the reset button and power back up, holding the reset button for the first 10 seconds or so.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

or you could try a ball dump and refilll the top rear hopper.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Im curious to find out the answer for this as Bruce lee has he same system as Spiderman Neo..

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ashad,

Since i had a similar problem and still do with my Spiderman Neo,
    Have a look at this thread we had gone over various things to try to unstick my Takao machine, maybe one of them will help you..

Spiderman Error Code help - PachiTalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I have checked many of the wirings (specifically around the payout motor) and have not been able to get it to work yet. Unlike yours, Sid, my pachinko machine does not even run the video. I read through the entire thread, but did not read anything specific that would have helped. Maybe I was a little confused, but did you ever get it to actually work (and how did you do it if you did)?

By the way, doing a hard reset just causes someone to laugh, then a siren to go off until I shut down the machine, is that what the hard reset is supposed to do?

(Also, Sid, the machine looks exactly like yours from behind, and my problem seems to be exactly the same as yours.)

No luck yet!

Ashard
    Last edited by Ashard; 01-10-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Try all the individual connections

perhaps something has come loose and is not completing a circuit.

in regards to laughing and sirens yes it does this with the reset.. give a bout a minute and it will stop.

I still havent been able to get mine out of error 1, but mine works other then the payout..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey, this is unbelievable! My Spiderman Neo just started not paying out yesterday. I read the entire post about Sid's problem machine and mine is very similar. The blue led in the upper left corner is always on, the number 1 is present on the back of the machine, when I do a hard reset a voice in english says "RAM is all clear".

I need help too!!
    Bill
    "trying Is the first step towards failure" Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As with many things in life, there comes a time when certain realities must be faced.

From reading the assorted threads regarding the Spidy and Bruce Lee Pachinko, I have reached the following conclusions:

1. The game does not do well as an export item as it probably required a higher level of troubleshooting in Japan prompting an early pullout from local parlors of malfunctioning games.

2. Some small departure from the normal construct of the game electronics was made to accommodate the game theme layout. It could be a sensor placement which sits on the threshold of always working and never working when extended game play finally exceeded a part's reliability benchmark. Such design gremlins pop up regularly in automotive applications all the time.

3. Identification and replication of the cause of the problem can best be found when a perfectly working model is used to serve as the exchange receptor of gaming components from the malfunctioning unit. As it is not known which part or parts on the non-working game are the possible culprits, it makes sense to place parts from the non-working game into one that does. A suggestion here is to begin with the largest component exchange first, i.e., swap out the complete play field cell. For example, if the cell exchange works in the functioning game, then the problem resides within the frame of the malfunctioning game. If only a replacement part was shipped from the vendor and the part was placed into the non-working game and the game continues to malfunction, you have no way of knowing if the replacement part was also defective or if the problem lies elsewhere.

4. If you determine the game no longer can be economically repaired, then consider other uses of the game components. Some members have successfully made clocks, wall displays, lighted poster display frames, mirror frames, etc. Some parts may be ideal eBay or Pachitalk auction items for sale to avid collectors of Spiderman and Bruce Lee memorabilia.

5. To borrow the famous line from Hitchhiker's Guide, "Don't Panic". Try to keep everything in perspective. Attempt an exchange with the seller, or a partial credit. Mechanical things break. Don't crucify the seller and give yourself an ulcer over something that possibly cannot be resolved or repaired. Just move on and place the matter in the stack of life's surprises. I personally have accumulated enough such lessons to fill an entire book. Fortunately, the good things seem to always have more shelf space in the long run.
    Last edited by Bilko44; 01-12-2008 at 12:01 PM.
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

11. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Bilko44

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can always make a Cyclic Machine out of it.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

13. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

cyclic is the way to go...
    thats what i have done to remedy the situation..

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, but me still sad.
    Bill
    "trying Is the first step towards failure" Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I missed the original thread as I was still a bit of a newbie at the time. When the problem was mentioned later, it didn't connect that both Spiderman and Bruce Lee might be affected by this issue. They are listed as being in different frames (even though they look the same and have the same name!), and I believe that you can't change cells between the old and new frames. Bruce Lee is in the Takao 'Hornet' frame, and Spidey is in a 'New Hornet' frame.

If I find the time, I'll take a look at my Bruce Lee and see if there's anything I can see that could cause this kind of problem. I might need an assistant with a malfunctioning machine to compare notes with. Preferably someone who's handy with a multimeter, and doesn't mind breaking the security seals on the payout control board to take some measurements from it.

Actually come to think of it, I don't think I've ever played my Bruce Lee, so maybe I should check to see if it works properly first.

18. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to daverob