Thread: Cabinet For Indy, Dongle/Card Reader, Ball Lifter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Cabinet For Indy, Dongle/Card Reader, Ball Lifter

Good Afternoon,

First of all, I wanted to say that I am very impressed with the community that is Pachitalk. I just joined this last month and am about to purchase my first Indy Machine. From what I have read, you are some of the nicest and helpful people I have EVER met in an online community. You "Passion for Pachinko" is Awesome!

I just bought a new Indiana Jones Pachinko from Slot-pachinko.com and need to figure put what cabinet to get.
    I am also purchasing this week the Arby Ball Lifter, DaveRob Dongle and DaveRob Card Reader.

My questions are:

1.) what cabinet design will hold all of the above, with a ball box on-top, and still will look cosmetically well?

2.) Will the pre-made cabinet offered from Slot-pachinko.com fit all of the above? I am not so concerned about DaveRob's devices, but Arby's Ball Lifter fitting at the bottom. It looks like the back base board of this cabinet would not allow the Ball Lifter to sit properly. The link is:
    http://www.slot-pachinko.com/CABINET.HTM
    Has anyone tried the above combination with Indy or any other Sankyo Lumina frame?

3.) Is Curt at Slot-pachinko.com / Texas Auction a good guy to do business with and does he sell good, clean and working (all bulbs, switches, etc) machines?

4.) Can I tie the power supply of the Ball Lifter in with the Indy Machine power switch? This way I can turn on both with just one switch. Or would it be better to have both plugged into a powerstrip and use that for power control?

5.) Are there volume controls built in or added on with machines purchsased from Slot-pachinko.com

Any advice or help would greatly be appreciated. I wanted to try and purchase the cabinet in the next week. Thank you.

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pudiamond15

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cabinet For Indy, Dongle/Card Reader, Ball Lifter

Welcome to Pachitalk !!!

I don't use cabinets, so we'll skip that one for now Gottac can chime in if he sees this

If you are handy... you'll make the ball-lifters fit just fine. I have installed 3 of them and every installation was unique

You may simply want to buy a spent ball box that will dump into the lifters hopper. That way you can always add more machines (they are QUITE powerful). If you install into the cabinet, it will likelt only be able to properly serve that one machine.

Never did business with Curt, but if he hasn't provided volume controls, then a handy person will have no trouble doing thet either !

You can tie in as many devices as you want, as long as your power supply will sustain it. Some simple math can help you figure out how robust the transformer should be.

Hope this helped a little

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME !!!
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to PachiTalk!
    There's no need to fear....
    Pachislo: Speed Racer, King Camel, Beast Sapp, Sindbad Adventure, Death Valley.Pachinko: Popeye, Fever Kagetu, Fever Circus, Spiderman Neo American: Red,White,& Blue Deluxe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!!! It sounds like you've done a bit of reading and know exactly what you want...awsome!!!
    Dawn

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1 & 2) There isn't really an off the shelf cabinet that will work with the ball lifter as-is, they are designed for manual lifting. You'll have to modify it to work with the lifter. As someone mentioned, you probably don't want to lock it in to only work with a single machine as a single lifter can handle at least 4 machines. (and I guarantee you'll have more machines soon) The Daverob dongle shouldn't be a problem unless the cabinet isn't deep enough to accomodate it. In that case, he sells a cable extension. The card reader needs to be mounted somewhere. You'll probably want to enclose it. Several people have come up with elegant solutions. You really may want to think of building your own cabinet. There are many plans posted on here. Personally I go with the plans posted by Mr. Gneiss. I've made 8 of them and customized as necessary.

3.) I've purchased from Curt/TA before. He sells clean machines that come well packed. Everything worked and I've had no problems. I think you'll find most will say the same. Of course you probably know Arby sells the cleanest, most carefully reconditioned and prepped machines around. Most of the really bad sellers have disappeared. The majority are acceptable.

4.) I'd go with the power strip. That way you can access the switch from a better location and don't have that initial in-rush of current from both devices flowing through the machine's switch. That'll work, but it doesn't get you anything.

5.) I'm pretty TA charges extra for that. It's a very simple thing to install. All you need to know how to do is cut/strip wires and solder. The install on a Lumina frame is well documented and easy.

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to fronzdan