Thread: Wacky Holidays

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Wacky Holidays

Well the holiday season is upon us, whether we like it or not. Many will be celebrating Thanksgiving this week and the Big C is coming up. We already have a couple of local radio stations here playing Christmas music 24/7. Now, I like Christmastime and I like the music, but come on people!! That's just wrong...
    But those are some of the big hairy traditional holidays. I started this thread to talk about some of the lesser-known holidays out there. They are anything but traditional and they are what I like to call “Wacky Holidays.” I’m sure we can get some creative insight from our astute members on how some of these interesting “holidays” might have started or what might be the best way to celebrate them. And let’s hear from some of our people from across the pond too about some of your holidays over there, wacky or otherwise.

If I had started this sooner, (Procrastinator’s Day anyone?) we could have celebrated King Tut Day, Marooned Without a Compass Day (arrr!) and Take a Hike Day. Most of these holidays are somewhat senseless or illogical, so this one fits right in; Nov 20th is “Absurdity Day.” The origin of this day is unknown, which I find to be a little…well, absurd. Any creative ideas on where this came from? And just how would one celebrate Absurdity day?

Hope you enjoy this and find it mildly interesting. Above all, just have fun with it.
    DerbyBoy***WinningPost****SinbadAdventure*****KingCamel*****
    SuperBlackjack*****TombRaider****SpeedRacer****NeoPlanetT***
    :jester:FeverNeoQueen***StarWars*****

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to derbyboy