Thread: The Taiyo Jinn ArePachi has Arrived!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default The Taiyo Jinn ArePachi has Arrived!!!

I named it the Jinn not knowing its true name.

This is a very quick overview of the machine as I am still in the middle of working on it hence no time for pics.

I threw together the vid I was taking on the first test of the machines workings and thought what the hell Ill post it.

The REAL vid LOL will be comming soon. This vid just gives you an idea of the machine.

The machine came undamaged by great packing!

It even had 2 panes of real glass!

It was obviously installed in a smoking parlor as it was saturated with tar! I spent the entire night removing it from the back mechanicals and cell.

I have not yet worked on the outside case nor the front case face IE shooter tray,coin tray etc.

The Ashtray and the coin tray were severly burned by cigarettes so I will have to remove them to sand plastic fill and paint.

I will paint the tray and ashtray black because if I used any other color on just that one section all of the other face plastic would not fit.

Aside of the tar on the machine workings the cell has some tar stains that would not come out. The cell also has some very slight cracking of the surface at the base of some pins but nothing really noticable.

One odd thing that I discovered was that the coin holder tube which is in 2 halves that are screwed together for access in case of jams, was epoxied to the top of the( coin in) chute?
    To clear it if need be, you must now dissasemble the entire (coin in) unit to get to the inside of the tube.
    Took some time to get the tube really clean LOL

I have the machine running through the transformer that I got from Arby for the Cell Pica Cleaner its steps down to 100v and it works just fine.

Im a little leary about plugging the machine into an outlet directly but if I can it would make things easier.

The machines transformer has two different voltage outputs but I havent had a chance to see the voltages.

The machines transformer is quiet under all applications untill the cell number board lights begin to come on, then there is a very loud noticeble hum ( You can hear in the vid as the lights begin to come on.

The machine uses Large 30mm tokens which caught me a little off guard as I have none LOL.
    It did come with about 50 which is good enough to fill the coin hopper about half with some left over to play.

The tokens are really cool and heavy compared to the 25mm tokens.

So far in the first test this is what I have learned this about the machine.

1 It has sound!!!

2 Everything with the exception of the left light above the left Tulip is working. (Have to get new bulbs!)

3 The Score Led does not light all of the required segments for the number 9 when it reaches that high. Calling Fronzdan!!

Gameplay so far... will be updated when all is finished with the machine.

In the vid you can see that there are 3 pockets on the cell and 2 very large Tulips.

The pocket in the top center has a #2 on it. A ball entering that pocket illuminates the #2 on the cell number board and triggers a bonus which lights at the top left of the machine not really seen in the vid. The bonus is mearly a mutiplier for any final score that you achieve during a play
    of your 16 balls. (It doubles your score)

Your score is registered in the Score LED on the top right of the cell.

A ball entering the lower left pocket illuminates the #s 2 and 4 on the cell board

A ball entering the lower right pocket illuminates the #s
    13 and 15

Heres where it get really fun! In the cell just above the number board (Bingo type board) there are 3 leds.

Upon intial coin in the 3 numbers are in motion and are stopped from left to right one at a time with the first 3 balls entering any pocket either on the cell or in the numbered pockets along the bottom of the cell.

Sort of like Pachislo LOL. What I have seen so far is that any time one of the numbers stops on a 7 ,or any 3 of the same number, the two very large Tulips open for a very very short time and then close and the lights above each flash.

IF a ball manages to get into the Left Tulip in the nanosecond that it opens, it illuminates the #s 2,4,6 and 7
    The right Tulip would illuminate the #s 10,11,13and 15

So you can get a lot of numbers lit if you can get into the Tulips. In the vid I slowed down the Tulip action so you can see it.

It appears the the #s 11 and 6 are the key to many combos and the Parlor through pin manipulation has made entry to the #11 impossible ( Have to fix that LOL) the only way to get an 11 the way they have it set up is to bag the Right Tulip.

On the face of the machine in the instructions for play they show combinations of LED numbers that lead to different things. I assume the lenght of time that the Tulips remain open is what the combinations control.

I will post pics of the instruction plate with the number combos with the full review.

As it stands now it appears that you get 1 Token for each complete Horizontal or Verticle row that you light. you dont get bonuses for combos of rows connected.

The sound is both simple yet very effective just a beep which changes only a little in pitch.
    It sounds much better then it does in the vid.

Well like I said this is just a quick overview I must get back to work. Refinishing the trays, polishing the pins, replacing bulbs,replacing the Staples for screws and all old screws, Replacing the power cord for a grounded one, Polisihng the 30mm tokens and on and on. The hardest part???

Finding a place to put it...

This game is awesome and jumped right to my top 5

Get an ArePachi you will love it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbKuO_CxEYc
    Last edited by Eddie; 11-10-2007 at 07:09 PM.
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 18 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: The Taiyo Jinn ArePachi has Arrived!!!

is this what you wanted the 30mm tokens for ?

Compirate has some 500 yen coins he got form me too.

I sent off those tokens to you.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

4. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Last edited by compirate; 11-10-2007 at 11:10 PM.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I saw those but I didnt really like the looks of them plus they are too close to my Miracle by Satomi but not better or different enough.

WOW Im an ArePachi snob now!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (58.3 KB, 171 views)
    Led Zepplin

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee View Post
    is this what you wanted the 30mm tokens for ?

Compirate has some 500 yen coins he got form me too.

I sent off those tokens to you.
    Yup this be the reason!!!
    Led Zepplin

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, very cool pachi, thanks for the vid!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

12. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its 4:31 am worked through the night and am almost finished with the Jinn (still have to add new power cord and wire retainers.

Thought I would post some pics.

1st pic shows the tray area with bondo applied. It was completely melted on the left end and the ashtray was melted as well.The tools I am using to clean the machine and repair the damage (with the ecception of the Cell Pica Cleaner) can be seen. You can also see the burned area on the machine face and the name Taiyo is blackend.
    The speaker cover is also removed as it too needed to be painted.

2nd pic shows the cleaned and finished lower half of the machine.

3rd pic shows the lower right half of the cell pins polished compared to the left side unpolished pins. It takes time and hurts the finger after awhile but the result is worth it.

4th pic shows The completed cleaned and polished upper half of the machine.

5th pic shows The full machine restoration completed.

6th pic shows the scoring chart (need a translator)

7th pic show the Nisijian Birds that I completed as well

2 machines down 2 to go ...
    Led Zepplin

14. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow

Keep up the good work
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very Cool Beans & bangers
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dang Eddie, you make some of the machines I've cleaned up and restored look like broken down pieces of junk. Was going to say "POS" but wasn't sure if it would get edited out.
    Eric C.
    CRアクアパラダイスGP CRラッセンワールドMJ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by chmer01 View Post
    Dang Eddie, you make some of the machines I've cleaned up and restored look like broken down pieces of junk. Was going to say "POS" but wasn't sure if it would get edited out.
    Thx but im just anal. I take every component apart and go over each piece and screw untill it shines like new or untill all tar or dirt residue stops comming off the piece.( I cant stand any dirt in the corners of anything,Its liek a game that I want to win) I clean parts that are never seen because I know the dirt is there. Then I check that each part works as smoothly as possible. It would sure be easier and quicker just to replace parts with new ones!
    But thats the way it is.

One point, the pics are not in true Order. I cleaned all of the interior and mechanicals first then I Polished the pins and then the cell. (THE Pin Polishing leaves a very fine dust residue on everything)Then I go on to the outside of the case.

On this machine alone I went through 4 boxes of 500 count Qtips, 2 Rolls of paper towels 2 cotton T shirts , 2 bottles of Windex, Plus some Brasso, S100, Novus 2 and 3 and some Brillianeze. A quarter tube of Bondo and some 600 and 800 grit wet dry sand paper. Wd40 and on and on LOL

The ideal is not to get a machine from a smokers parlor.

THe tar that came off of the parts was disgusting. The soaked parts in the sink turned the water dark Orange brown. Some parts that were jet black turned out to be either clear or colorful!!! I thought they were just black parts LOL

The PC boards took the most time to get clean again. I even clean the resistor and capacitators to bring back their bright colors and markings. Probably helps to keep the elecetric components cooler not being covered in a dirt/tar blanket. The wire insulation took a long time to get clean too.

It was amazing that you could see through any of the light lenses, what came off them was unbelievable including all of the bulbs and their sockets.
    Led Zepplin

19. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do it right the first time. Very Good looking Machine. You should be proud of your work. (I will be buying stock in the Q-Tip Company)

I tore the playing field off of the Indy Pinn I just purchased to clean the field. I'm the same way when it comes to being "Anal".

I opened the can of worms and now have parts coming in from the States, Canada, England and even Kangaroo Land to fix the machine and get it back to "new" playing condition. There are over 125 bulbs in it. Allot of them in hard to get to areas so there ALL being changed out. It played correctly but not perfect. :whine:

These repairs will get it back in Tip Top Playing order but it won't be done till I tackle the next phase which is the outer Cabinet and Back Box

Enjoy that Machine.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Heres a pic of the transformer spec plate for alstonj1 I didnt know how to send it on PM.

I could not find the regulator. So do you still feel that it is safe to use the 110v?

Ok so Im anal...
    Led Zepplin

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thats just giving the output of the transformer not the rectifier the 50 hz does bother me but since your running on the converter you have now its not a problem since it doesn't do a thing to alter the hertz output so 60hz is ok if your running on it now. you should be able to follow those transformer output wires right to a circuit board the next thing they should go into is a rectifier that chip will have a number then look it up online to find the data sheet with the input spec odds are its allot higher then the voltages listed and youll have your answer .but yes i doubt you'll have any problem at all .:smokin"
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Red face Re: The Taiyo Jinn ArePachi has Arrived!!!

Gee and when I refurbish a pachinko machine, it means I (with some help from my wife) completely disassemble and wash or clean every part by hand. Any parts made out of plastic are then cleaned a second time with Novus 1, 2 and 3. Any of the metal parts are sent through tumbler using crushed walnut shells and metal cleaner. The exposed wood was lightly sanded to remove glue and tar residue. Most if not all the rust is sanded off the chrome. The chrome is buffed to a high shine and reinstalled with new hardware.

The staples that hold down the mechanics in the back are removed and replaced with screws. The nails on the play field are polished and the play field parts are carefully cleaned by hand with Q-tips (sorry I've never kept count) and the same plastic cleaner that was used in the back. Any paint or details of the face are touched up and the spinners are repainted (usually the same color they were).

It is then fully reassembled. Any electronic components on the that needed to be replaced or updated are. If the lay out allows I usually add an extra light or two. If I'm going to sell the machine then I put in two new sheets of 1/8th inch plexiglass. If I'm adding it to my collection then I put in one new sheet of plexi and the other is glass.

Then my favorite part, my family and I played the machine for several days. During which I adjusted the nails on the play field to assure no balls or tulips get stuck and that it was fun to play. I hope this doesn’t mean I’m too anal about my vintage machines.

I can fully appreciate all the time and effort it takes for you to redo a machine like this. The work you do on the ones with the computer boards is just truly magnificent.

Eric C.
    CRアクアパラダイスGP CRラッセンワールドMJ

26. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to chmer01

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I left out much of what you said, that was my part about on and on LOL!
    Led Zepplin

28. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Eddie