Thread: Pachi mode reset?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachi mode reset?

After hitting a fever my games switch into different modes. Usually this is a good thing, but it seems to take forever for them to switch back to "normal". Is there a way to reset a Lumina based machine so it doesn't act like you just fevered it?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachi mode reset?

thats your challenge round, usually 100 spins,

your odds of getting another fever are much higher when you are in it.

you could try a full reset to get back to regular play.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

3. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well usually the challenge rounds show a countdown don't they? This machine (Postive and Negative principles teacher) got a fever a while ago and I'm sure I've done over 100 shots since then, but it's still in the same mode. In "normal" mode you can change the background scenary and music, but this mode ya can't.

So how do you do a "full reset"?? I DID search the archives but was too lazy to sort through the many many many posts with the word "reset"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was just about to post about something that sounds like exactly the same thing!!

On my Woody Woodpecker after you've hit a fever mode it goes all weird too. The top arc of the front of the machine constantly flashes on and off and when you get a ball in the centre the reels don't spin properly, they just nudge round by a couple of places. I can't say it happens every time you get a fever but it's happened 2 out of 2 times now. I too would say it's been way over a 100 shots since then and it's still doing it.

I know that doing a reset sorts it out since that's what i did last time but i don't really want to be doing that each time! I would guess this IS what you're talking about as the little arms in the centre come out a LOT more often so you get a lot more balls in the centre hole.

I'll run with it on mine as it does sound normal then

Love this game when it goes into fever mode! I'm going to take photos of it when I get my camera and have a go at translation so I can work out WTF is going on The tune is downright annoying during normal play but it's fantastic in fever!!

PPS: On mine, it's not flashing to tell me it's out of balls, there's plenty.
    Last edited by Martin; 10-26-2007 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What you're seeing is 'Kakuhen' mode, like the 100 spin chance modes, they usually happen after a 'big bonus' fever round (ie one that is earned by matching odd numbers or the 'good' symbols/characters, rather than even numbers or 'bad' symbols/characters).

As in the 100 spin chance mode, in these modes you've usually got a much greater chance of hitting a second fever, but these ones either time out on their own, or will carry on going until the next fever is hit.

What actually happens in these modes varies between machines, but usually the wings protecting the lower start pocket will open more quickly (ie the subroulette 'spin' doesn't last as long) and the wings stay open longer. Also the reel spin animations may be significantly shorter than in regular modes.

They are part of playing pachinko, so it seems a shame if you're resetting the machine to get rid of them. In the parlours, hitting a fever isn't all there is, it's how many consecutive fevers you can get out of the machine that marks a real winner!

7. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As far as my "problem" goes I've got a new camera now so I intend to take a video of what's going on and perhaps start a separate thread so as not to distract from any issue that Erniesan may be having!

I've definitely now seen the 100 countdown bit and everything seems to tie up with what you're saying but the bit that's puzzling me (aside from the fact that well over a day later it's still like it) is that the top of the cell surround is still flashing on and off to itself every second or so like it's trying to notify me of a fault condition - no LED numbers inside on this model.

A quick vid of that will be worth a thousand posts! I'm intentionally not resetting the machine since I want to see if it eventually progresses by itself...

PS: Great dongle

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We have had woody woodpecker for a month now and we still have not hit fever. getting very bored. can you tell me what to do. cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I was just about to post about something that sounds like exactly the same thing!!

On my Woody Woodpecker after you've hit a fever mode it goes all weird too. The top arc of the front of the machine constantly flashes on and off and when you get a ball in the centre the reels don't spin properly, they just nudge round by a couple of places. I can't say it happens every time you get a fever but it's happened 2 out of 2 times now. I too would say it's been way over a 100 shots since then and it's still doing it.

I know that doing a reset sorts it out since that's what i did last time but i don't really want to be doing that each time! I would guess this IS what you're talking about as the little arms in the centre come out a LOT more often so you get a lot more balls in the centre hole.

I'll run with it on mine as it does sound normal then

Love this game when it goes into fever mode! I'm going to take photos of it when I get my camera and have a go at translation so I can work out WTF is going on The tune is downright annoying during normal play but it's fantastic in fever!!

PPS: On mine, it's not flashing to tell me it's out of balls, there's plenty.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by woody woodpecker View Post
    We have had woody woodpecker for a month now and we still have not hit fever. getting very bored. can you tell me what to do. cheers.
    Give it to me.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you don't want to give it to Chris, Option 2 would be to just keep playing!!

And maybe talk to it nicely while you play it!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by woody woodpecker View Post
    Let a little kid play it and go into another room.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

14. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ain't That The Truth.
    Jeff
    ...it is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've adapted to that. My KISS pinball is my #1 must have in the collection and I did a inch by inch restoration on it. A friends kid who had never played pinball before came over and nearly doubled my best score. I just remind myself that they can't turn a tired machine into a collection crown jewel.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Subarubrat View Post
    A friends kid who had never played pinball before came over and nearly doubled my best score
    You could reset the high score and not tell a soul!! What are the odds that this kid could do it again??
    Bill
    "trying Is the first step towards failure" Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Remote, he would probably score much higher.