Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UPS....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default UPS....

Well I sent the don don king to Ohio the other day and it was only in transit for about 2 days. They still managed to tear it up. The middle reel was not spiining, the light behind it had come loose and was stopping it from spinning. They also had managed to shake it enough to break the tokens open (which were triple bagged and then wrapped with packing tape) They need to get their ****e together or they are gonna be paying me lots of insurance checks in the future.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

While insurance checks are extra Christmas cash they don't do much for the ol' ebay feedback rating... :-?
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Paul

Besides sending the red dragon machine I bought 1000 miles in the wrong direction, they managed to completely destroy the wooden frame surrounding the game and cracked in half one of the two legs that allows the game to stand up. I thought that was the only problems, but today the machine just for no reason would lose power.

I am expecting another machine tomorrow from those clowns. I wouldn't be surprised if it arrives in the same condition.

When I "think brown", I think of something else. I guess they are both one in the same.

Paul

Paul

By the way, does anyone know how I can contact UPS and tell them something needs to be done to cover the costs of fixing my machine. Is that the sellers responsibility or the buyers?

Thanks,
    Paul

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like they are using there laid off NASCAR drivers and they srtop at Demo Derbys for a little Red Neck Rubbin ,known as dirt track racing :grin: :roll:
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Paul it's pretty much the seller as they are the ones who contracted with "Brown" to start with..

Paul

Ok, thanks for the info.
    Paul

Thanks
    Thanks Received

seller can also make a claim, youll need the info from the seller though! Ive had 3 machines tore up in shipping now(nothing I can do to pack them any better). Each person I dealt with was very understanding and still gave me good feedback. They know the shipping damage wasnt my fault! Alot of times its an easy fix. The don don just need the light fixture tightened up and it worked fine. Now the tokens are a different story!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I started filling the machine itself with cut blocks of soft foam, everywhere so nothing moves.
    Than bag over machine, than wrap it in skid wrap, three layers.
    I use the same boxes I get them in, the foam foot print with about three inches on all sides, but before I put the top foam on I fill the sides with peanuts and push them down some, I put the top foam on, close first two flaps and reinforced tape them, close the last two and reinforce tape them down all around.
    put sticker all over "High claim item" " this end up". so far so good.
    The next thing I am going to try is put signs on all side that say, " in are naked pictures of your Hillary Clinton go and open"

"This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yeah I think my problem is my boxes are a bit too big. I stuff them full of foam so it should move, and tape it down as tight as possible. Still I think it doenst much matter if they toss them in the truck or it drops off a forklift. :twisted:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

back stop for lunch time soccer games ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

all joking a side.

I took an low value machine, and did the above to it, than we tumbled the box half a block top to end and tumbled back side rolling.

Ruined the box, started to leak peanuts comming back,
    But the Tom cat inside was OK, I unpacked it, put tokens in pluged it in had to do a reset and played it all lights worked but two.

than I collected my winnings form the scoffers who belived i would ruin the machine. Surly UPS won't do more than that.

The inside needs surport too just like the outside.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tulsa how was your last machine packed, was it good, any damage ????

the one this week

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee
    I started filling the machine itself with cut blocks of soft foam, everywhere so nothing moves.
    Than bag over machine, than wrap it in skid wrap, three layers.
    I use the same boxes I get them in, the foam foot print with about three inches on all sides, but before I put the top foam on I fill the sides with peanuts and push them down some, I put the top foam on, close first two flaps and reinforced tape them, close the last two and reinforce tape them down all around.
    put sticker all over "High claim item" " this end up". so far so good.
    The next thing I am going to try is put signs on all side that say, " in are naked pictures of your Hillary Clinton go and open"

Great way to do it arby. This pretty much proves that arby's way is the way to do it.Has anyone tried that service hmmm I think they are called DHL ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very nicely Arby, foam all the way around so the product could not move, shrink wrapped, so if anything somehow did, it wouldn't mar the surface. I'd say professionally packed as well as anything I've seen. The entire inside area was protected, not just a hard foam piece top and bottom. I think this supports the box better during transit.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh I shrink wrap mine too! I also stuff foam on the back, sides, top , and bottom. I also put foam under the shrink wrap aroudn the glass area where the reels are. Then lastly I put two pieces of foam right on top of the whole front and seal it up nice and good. The boxes I use open up from the belly, not the top. I cant see how I could pack it any better. If I did that to oneof my packing jobs I know the machine would be tore up. Need to find another box distributor!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Davis
    Oh I shrink wrap mine too! I also stuff foam on the back, sides, top , and bottom. I also put foam under the shrink wrap aroudn the glass area where the reels are. Then lastly I put two pieces of foam right on top of the whole front and seal it up nice and good. The boxes I use open up from the belly, not the top. I cant see how I could pack it any better. If I did that to oneof my packing jobs I know the machine would be tore up. Need to find another box distributor!
    Sounds like you may need to add a wood crate around it all. The Pachinko I got in from canada (the computer pachinko) was crated that way.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have had to go to that ex-stream, because I am still waiting on UPS to pay for the damage to a hound dog I shipped to Helotes, TX. And that from Oct. So that is way I pack the way I do.

I have already reenbursted the buy for the damage, sent him the parts to repair it. I was lucky he is very mechical. and could talk him through the repairs.

THat way I like local sales best and it's cash too.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Has anyone priced alternatives to UPS, such a DHL or FedEx, for heavy stuff like Pachislos & Pachinkos?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Fedex foe a small shipper price to high and fluctuates too much

DHL too small a company, heard some scary things about how they transfer things

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast