Thread: Goodfellas Pizza

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Goodfellas Pizza

I just had to tell you guys about this place. I went there for the first time tonight as my friends were having a Bday get together for me. I arrived early with Dahlia awaiting for our friends.
    While standing waiting for our table we were approached by Sal who was the owner of the place . He greeted us as if we were old friends and offered Free Wine or drinks on the house! He was so welcoming you would think we were long lost family. He was like this with al the customers that came in!
    As we were talking he then offered some free slices of Pizza untill our friends showed up (we declined in anticipation of the great food to come)
    In chatting Dahlia mentioned that we were their to celebrate
    my Bday. He said maybe we can get someone to dance on the table for you. then he asked my name.
    After an incredible dinner Sal came to the center of the restaurant and made a speech to everyone eating that it was a special night as Eddie was celebrating his Bday.
    Then he had me stand and had everyone sing Happy Bday!
    It was an amazing thing followed by something really wonderful. They brought out at Sals expense one of their special desserts ( A large Hot apple Pizza Pie) that he had made while we were eating! It was fantastic.
    We never asked for the special treatment nor the special dessert which was free on SAL!!!
    When all was done He came back to the table and asked
    "Do you appreciate what was done for you tonight?
    We all said yes and thanked him many times. He followed with " Then please leave I need the table"
    Isint that great? (He needed the table for the long line of customers which he held up while making the Bday dessert) This guy is the best and his staff is as friendly as he is and the food is Great The website is just a hint of the place..
    If ever in NY visit Sal and his place in Staten Isl You will be glad you did.
    http://www.goodfellas.com/
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Goodfellas Pizza

It sounds like a great time and a very nice fellow.

I think that's what surprised me most about my trip to New York, the friendly people. I was all filled with my preconceived notions about what I'd run into. After all I grew up with my father, a native New Yorker, telling me it was the only place in the world you could lie on the sidewalk with a knife in your back and passers by would bet on how long you'd live.

From the maître d/owner of the Indian restaurant, wonderful fellow who recognized we were not from around there and took great care of us to the lady at the toy store who thought I'd lost my mind when I was buying something for a friend and needed them to ship it only I didn't have the address, they didn't have internet so she looked it up at home over the weekend and shipped it and the package actually got there.. to the people I worked with for two weeks. It was a great experience.

The best I met however was Eddie. You're always a little apprehensive about meeting someone you only know from typing on a forum, actually I go way out of my way to avoid meeting people from the internet. There's a lot of nuts out there. But not meeting Eddie would have been a crime. What a gentleman and a true ambassador to his city. He went so far out of his way to show my wife and myself his city, I was throughly impressed with this man and he's someone I would open my own home to.

So if you get a chance to visit NYC and you've shared some of those same preconceived notions as I, check them at the door, it's a fantastic city filled with interesting and amiable people and meet Eddie if you get an opportunity. He's the best of the lot.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

4. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa