Thread: Rocky Pachinco Virgin. Help Please!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Rocky Pachinco Virgin. Help Please!

I have just received my Rocky Pachinko machine and I need to know if it's working correctly.

1) The LED display next to the push button isn't lit, should it be?

2)The LED display just left of the Rocky figure just seems to cycle trough the lights. Is this right? What should it display.

3)What do the small push buttons on the back of the unit do? I'm guessing there some kind of reset.

Any help will be most greatfull.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to monkeyboy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Rocky Pachinco Virgin. Help Please!

Welcome to PachiTalk monkeyboy!

The LED display next to the push button (and the two buttons marked with Japanese writing next to the LED display) are used in the pachinko parlours along with the prepaid card reader system. The player buys credit on one of these prepaid cards, puts it in a reader slot next to the machine, and this display shows the credit remaining on the card. The two buttons next to the LED display are used to dispense balls (and deduct credit from the card), and to eject the card from the card reader slot.

If you feel that your pachinko experience isn't complete without this display working Then I sell a card reader emulator dongle, in the auction section of this site which will enable this display and allow the buttons to be used to dispense balls into the shooter tray, just as they do in the pachinko parlours.

The second LED display is usually used in the parlours to signify the type of fever round. Some parlours have rules about continuing play on a machine after you've hit a fever of a certain type, so this display is there to let the players and parlour attendants know. Usually they seem to just display random patterns and characters, but I expect that they must mean something more than this to someone!

The push buttons on the back are usually reset buttons. On most machines there is one near the power switch for 'Memory Clear'. This one should be pressed while the power switch is off, then the power is turned on while the button is held down for about 10 seconds. This will clear everything (fault codes, prize ball payout-due counters etc, though it won't effect the payout cycle or the winning odds!). If you have an unexplained problem with the machine, it's often a good idea to try this reset sequence, many times the problem will disappear after a reset.

There is often another reset button near a single digit 7-segment LED error code indicator, this can be used without having to power cycle the machine, and only resets the payout control system (hopefully clearing the error code at the same time). This button is useful in the parlours, as it allows attendants to clear payout errors without the customer losing the prize ball payout that they might be due, but in the home it's usually best to ignore this button and perform a full power cycle reset.

If you look at the top of this page, in the menu bar there is a link to the PachiTalk 'Research Center', there's a lot of good FAQ's, guides and manuals in that section that should help you in your quest to learn more about your new pachinko, and is recommended reading for all newbies

4. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    I have just received my Rocky Pachinko machine and I need to know if it's working correctly.

1) The LED display next to the push button isn't lit, should it be?

2)The LED display just left of the Rocky figure just seems to cycle trough the lights. Is this right? What should it display.

3)What do the small push buttons on the back of the unit do? I'm guessing there some kind of reset.

Any help will be most greatfull.
    1. the LED should not be lit. It is for a ball loan system used in pachinko parlors. Do a search for " Daverob dongles" for more information.

2.yes they are working right. and the little red dots next to them have to do with the flippers under the start pocket opening.

3.hold the button in when you turn on the power to the game, keep the button pressed for a few seconds after the game is turned on and that will do a memory clear.

try this link for more answers
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/loca...s.php?catid=65
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the help. It helped alot.