Thread: Fire Drift ran out of GAS ! ! !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Fire Drift ran out of GAS ! ! !

Hi all. My Fire Drift has gone "Catty Wompus"

It powers up O.K. The reels spin and light up. It pays out and gives free spins (replays). Takes Tokens and pays them out and the digital Token counter is fine.

The Two problems are the LCD display and the sound which I know both come from the same board.

The power supply at this time only lights up the top Green LED during play and the second (red) one when you change the payout setting which it also does. I don't remember if the other ones were lit before the machine crashed during normal play.

There are 6 LED's total. The second and sixth (both red) do come on when I flip the switch on the power supply to eject the tokens in the hopper. The forth (red) does come on when you do a reset with the gray button on the power supply.

I have done the normal checks. : Fuses, re seat all the connectors. No Change.

The LCD upon power up shows a couple of multi colored thin vertical lines on the left side of the screen with a black back round. The screen also powers up milky gray. The sound portion of the board is putting out at random times "popping" or "Deep frequency clicks". Other than that it's silent during play.

I have tried a Key reset to the left and three payout changes which do take, also three hard resets with the gray button on the power supply but the screen and the sound still do not want to come to life. There are no error codes displayed.

Any one out there that owns one can you check yours and tell me how many of the LED's on the power supply are lit upon power up and as the game plays.

The only ones that do not light up at this time are the third and fifth.

Stealth does have a one year warranty. The machine was purchased in August. I want to try to trouble shoot it as best as possible before I give them a call.

It's either the LCD/sound board, the power supply or a broken wire. The power supply does have a separate cable that goes from it to the LCD/sound board.

Thanks for your help in advance... Brian...
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Fire Drift ran out of GAS ! ! !

Stealth does have a one year warranty. The machine was purchased in August. I want to try to trouble shoot it as best as possible before I give them a call.
    If you have a valid and active warranty, please call your vendor first as you don't want to do anything that may void your warranty. Remember vendors read this site as well.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Tulsa. I'm not going to cut wires or R & R PC boards from other machines. Just trying to get as much information as possible prior to talking to their Tech. The more information I can feed him the easier his troubleshooting will be.

NAVY pilots and crew hated debriefing their aircraft problems to me. It would take ma a half hour to pick a Tom Cat crews brain. But the aircraft was troubleshot and repaired allot faster by doing this.

This machine had a bad upper speaker that I found the day I unpacked it. (Stealth packs their machines very well). It was trouble shot by swapping the two speakers. The problem moved over to the other side which proved the speaker to be bad and verified that the amplifer for both speakers was still good. Marie sent me out one the day after I called her.

Any on out there that can tell me what LED's on the power supply are lit when the machine is turned on? My concern is for the third and fifth ones starting from the top.

If anyone can read Kanji, Here are the words written by each LED.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Marie at Stealth contacted me today. I had E-mailed them on the problem and gave them all the info I could think of as what the machine was doing, voltage readings and the LED lights doing their thing on the power supply. (I figured out all six and what they do).

Their Tech Eric read my E-mail and came to the same conclusion I did. The PC board connected with the LCD Screen is bad.

They are sending out another one and if that does not fix it they will send me a return shipping label to send the machine back and replace it with another one.

Her E-mail to me :

Brian,
    Eric read your email. We are sending you a replacement video sound assembly. He is 75% sure that should correct the problem. If it does not, we will probably issue a call tag to get the whole slot machine back to our warehouse.
    Thanks,
    Marie
    Stealth Home Amusement
    www.stealthhomeamusement.com
    585-671-2040

To all out there. Stealth is honoring their 1 year warranty on their machines that have it. And the few smaller problems I have had, (bad speaker, wrong spare bulbs sent with machine) have been fixed at no cost to me. I give Stealth an A+.

Info for all you Sammy Pachislo owners with this Power supply.

LED's and how they read. :

1 - green, Top LED.

2 - 6 LED's - all red.

Machine powered on at idle or playing. - 1 top green LED only

Pay out key turned. - 1 and 3 on

Push master reset gray button on power supply. - 1 on and 4 on as you push that button.

Turn Token eject switch on at power supply. - 1 on and 2, 6 on as tokens are ejected till hopper is empty or you shut that switch off.

Credits in machine and you push the credit return button by the spin knob. - 1 on and 5 comes on when you push that button.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to new in town