Name:: Rescue Dog
Good to go: No

OK so to make this machine "Good to go" I need to resolve a few issues. First and most basic is cleaning. I've seen this awesome looking video of a sweet Pachinko cleaner but I'm guessing they are very hard to come by. What are the best cleaners to use for the playfield and the plastics? What cleaners need to be avoided?

Next is the sound... Already got quite a few answers on this but I'm still unsure. Would this Sammy machine be OK with the volume controls from radio shack? I'm not an engineer (yet) but I learn fast and know how to solder stuff. Basically I'd be happy with the most basic and effective solution to reducing the volume on this machine. Any suggestions for specific parts or links to diagrams would be awesome!

Finally the power... I left the machine plugged in this morning but turned the switch on the back off. Well I came back after 6 hours and the power supply was too hot to touch. Literally blazing hot, I really thought it was getting close to becoming a fire-hazard. Granted the tips of ones fingers are very sensitive and I know electronics run hot but... is this OK??? Should the machine never be left plugged in for too long? Maybe it's a bad PSU? It's not encased in anything so maybe I'm just not used to touching an exposed PSU.

Name: Indiana Jones
Good to go: No

Again the sound issue. Want the simplest and most effective solution to bring the volume under control or just drastically lowered. From my post in the main forum it sounds like the good volume control part is out of stock, would just putting a resistor somewhere in the speaker circuit work?

Many thanks for the help!