Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pachinko Pins

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko Pins

I recently bought a pachinki from slot usa and the pins seem to have the enamel eroded away on them. Is this normal and can they be restored. If so how? and also how do you remove scratches in the plastic from the front of the pachinko.

SpinLuck - DragonDice - SuperBlackjack - Thunderbirds - BettyBoop - MagicPulsar - NeoPlanetT - Terminator - Batman - Thunderzone - JupiterQueen - DonDonKing - K1PunchRush

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Most pins are brass and can be shined up with a dremel, but be CAREFUL! Are they showing green? I would probably not do too much with them as you risk damaging the playboard, but someone may chime in with a great cleaning method.

Again plastic and a dremel, but be careful. I went to a local tool store and bought some "plastic" polish. It was right next to the Jewelers rouge, Chrome polish ect. It is a solid stick that you just hit with your dremel or polishing wheel buffing pad.

I bought a batman from them as well and the whole front was scratched up very bad and using a dremel with a white buffing pad and the plastic polish I got most everything looking very shiny. It rounds the edges of any deeps scratches so they are barely noticeable.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are the two best product lines for all your plastic and metal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6134660735Dead Link

NOVUS 1 IS A CLEANER, SHINER AND PROTECTOR FOR ALL PLASTIC SURFACES. IN ONE EASY APPLICATION THIS HIGHLY CONCENTRATED FORMULA POLISHES PLASTICS TO AN EVEN LUSTROUS FINISH. THIS PRODUCT LEAVES BEHIND A FINISH THAT RESISTS FINGER MARKS AND DUST BUILDUP WHILE PROVIDING ANTISTATIC AND ATIFOGGING PROPERTIES.

NOVUS 2 REMOVES LIGHT SCRATCHES AND HAZINESS FROM MOST PLASTICS. THIS PRODUCT DOESN'T JUST COVER THE DAMAGE BUT POLISHES THE SURFACE TO RESTORE AND PROTECT THE ORIGINAL LUSTER TO THE PLASTIC. BY FOLLOWING UP #2 POLISHING WITH AN APPLICATION OF OUR #1 POLISH, RESULTS ARE IMPROVED WITH ADDED SHINE AND PROTECTION.

NOVUS 3 REMOVES HEAVY SCRATCHES AND PREPARES SURFACE FOR # 2 POLISHING. AFTER YEARS OF INTENSIVE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPEMENT, THIS PRODUCT WILL REMOVE DAMAGE THAT NO OTHER PRODUCT ON THE MARKET CAN TOUCH. NOVUS PLASTIC POLISH #3 CAN BE APPLIED BY HAND OR WITH A MECHANICAL BUFFER, ALLOWING FOR RAPID RESTORATION OF MOST PLASTICS.

AND

Master Formula*
    CLEANER POLISH (cleaner gloss) AND SEALER GLOSS OF MASTER FORMULA

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4330570742Dead Link

Master Formula Cleaner Polish polishes oxidized paint to a mirror finish. Its creamy, smooth texture is grit-free yet contains the most powerful polishing ingredients ever formulated. Powerful enough to polish the most severely oxidized surface and smooth enough to leave the surface flawless.*
    Last edited by Bilko44; 03-12-2005 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Dead link notice
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Guys- Throw the dremal away as they are to fast and can burn , use a 2 or 3 step polishing for plex and use a Blitz cloth or equiv for pins , Take it for what its worth as I rebuilt and sold over 300 in late 70s, if you are carefull you can use brasso on the pins but its somewhat messey ,as a note the only lube I used on the old ones was WD-40, I will try to help best I can. Don
    Arby got the right idea
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by d mowery
    and use a Blitz cloth or equiv for pins
    What is a Blitz cloth and where do you get them?

Any suggestions on cleaning up the face (where the design is) on the old pachinko machines? Mine is a bit dingy where the balls have rolled against it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko Pins

Quote Originally Posted by gaius1
    I recently bought a pachinki from slot usa and the pins seem to have the enamel eroded away on them. Is this normal and can they be restored. If so how? and also how do you remove scratches in the plastic from the front of the pachinko.
    I hope you at least took advantage of the customary "I'm pissed" 1000 free balls deal..
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Blitz cloth- It comes in a small blue and gold box if I recall , all milatary have used them It s lika a silver polishing cloth, check at any store that sels metal polish or items like Tarnax, If you cant find any I will get some at the milatary px next time I go and send out, Don[/i]
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm curious...

Was this one of the "as-is", right off the pallet, we don't have the time to look at them, old pachinkos?

Or a newer one?
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It was a newer pachinko as a matter of fact it was a LOTR pachinko that I got on ebay from slotusa in one of their auctions. And since you asked I was wondering if arby, as he bought a LOTR from Slot usa without going through ebay got one in better condition. So I guess I want to know if you get a better quality if you pay the full shot

SpinLuck - DragonDice - SuperBlackjack - Thunderbirds - BettyBoop - MagicPulsar - NeoPlanetT - Terminator - Batman - Thunderzone - JupiterQueen - DonDonKing - K1PunchRush

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have another question my LOTR pachinko seems to have a smoke between the plastic areas on the face. Has anyone tried to take apart the plastic face around the play area to clean the clear plastic over the red lighted area.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My was darn near spotless, really super clean very little wear.

I am sorry to hear how yours was.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks arby I guess that answered my question. I should have paid the full shot but I did not know that the quality would be reduced.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I also have to replace the glass in the front of the play board. It was eched and impossible to clean. That alone cost $150 and slotusa was not very helpful in correcting the problem as a matter of fact they were surly. I am going to send mine back for a refund. Too much work and little reward and too much extra money to make this worth while. I am very disappointed and will never do business with slotusa again.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

texas slot or something like that i have had good luck with, so has Tulsa, they just realy do buy it now auctions on the bay

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Buying it through eBay shouldn't have got you any less of a machine than if you went direct, in my opinion. I think you're doing the right thing by sending it back. ESPECIALLY for something as pricey as LOTR!!!

They wanted $150 for replacement glass???????????????
    Or was that a quote from somewhere else?

Now...

1) Who's paying the return shipping?

2) Do you happen to still have the link to that auction?

More inquiring minds... or more soggy pants.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know my batman wasn't the one pictured because of the OEM Parlor Stickers and a huge scratch that mine had would have been obvious.

I know Tulsa and I both conveyed our distatisfaction, and received some type of compensation.

I think Tulsa received some extra balls and I received a replacement lower panel/bowl. So I have have a spare part now which is nice.

The guy I dealt with was friendly enough, but I just think they should be sending out something more than a quick windex wiped transformer installed machine. I easily have spent 3 hours or better "refurbishing" mine. Complete cleaning, polishing, even some mechanics.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

THIS IS A GUESS:

Maybe they go thru a group of machines say 10 machines and there are lined up in order of condition. first one worst and ten best. Than sell from the top end down off there web site and up from bottom on ebay.

To be fair and walking in their shoes (i hope they wear size 10 1/2 extra wide, duck feet) I think I would do that, I would want the guy spending the biggest bucks to come back for sure. and on ebay, since it goes for the lowest high price the machine not at the top. Still a refurnish machine.

Ok to be honest here, I have different machines I sell in my toy room, not just different styles. And the ones that are fine toothed combed, Polish out all scratches and the best chrome, best box, the cream: sell higher than one you clean up and polish, paint, but the box has some corner bumped, chrome a scratch or two. sells cheaper. I do point out the difference between the two to the customer, and tell them this machine has about 5 hours extra work tricking it out. where the other one only has about two hours on it and it will show a little more wear.

Now the glass you look thru, if scratched no matter which machine gets replaced, to me it is like the windshield on a car, has to be crystle clear even on a used one.

So maybe or maybe not, i don't know how they handle it, they handle 100s compared to my one i sell. To me it's fun, to them a job to make a living. When it not fun for me i will quite doing it, and just play with the one in my toy room.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the info guys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I figured I would add this since it hasn't been mentioned. In making a lot of computer mods with plexiglass and custom cut plastic pieces, I have found that if you have some small scratches, you can easily buff them out with household tooth paste. (not the gel) Now I don't suggest you try to use toothpaste on major damage, but it really does work to get out those small scratches without having to go out and buy a bottle of polish.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

cool trick!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast