Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is a good, entertaining machine to buy for a first time

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I bought a Azteca for my first machine. It was local and thanks for that I found pachislos and this forum. It was a very boring game. I found out throe this forum that what was most important is to do your homework on the machines that seem to fit your personality. After you have found the machines that fit you then experiment with others. The don don king was my chose and I did not go wrong! It will stay in my permanent collection! I experimented with others now but still find the one that said ME! ME! ME! By the way my second machine was the Azteca Returns! When I thought the Azteca was borrrring The newer one has a video screen that plays Indiana Jones as a dog. FUN FUN FUN. Entertaining to me. I like the don don and its theme another member has a machine same cabinet stile I would love but I do not care for the theme so is not good choice for me. All machines can lose there luster over time but if you find the right ones you will always go back to play it AND HAVE FUN. I hope this helps Laz.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Continuing this thread and digging a bit deeper now I've decided to get my first pachislo machine.

My first new type pachinko Black Hawk Down(yes the colors are gross but oh well) is incoming in a couple of days, and is more of a pocket skill machine than a slot pachinko type. I thought that it would be better to do that initially, and get a pachislo for the slot experience. Later I can diversify into pachinko-slot.

Initially pre-forum I thought these machines were just regular slots, but they seem to have lots of other gameplay options. I'm looking for as much variety and depth as possible, the more to do the less chance I'll get bored.

So, working on the consensus here is Babel (Rai Rai Goku) or Don Don King as the best 'newbie' slot experience.

Babel is for sale everywhere so it won't be hard to get at a reasonable price. I'm waiting for Grand View to send me a price as they seem to be the most honored on the forum. (but they sure need to work on their web site a bit more) Otherwise it looks like Valleygaming eBay is the next choice for Babel. I can't find Rai Rai anywhere so far searching.

Question: Is Valleygaming okay? 1 year warranty isn't as good but........?

Don Don King(Neon Colors) on the other hand is fading from beginner's reach moneywise. There seems to be two variations, the somewhat reasonably priced red one that has spaces for the top reels but nothing seems to happen up there, or the 'black light' version that has spinning reels at the top.

Question: Is the Don Don recommended here just the red variation in the museum? Would it be definitely worth it to hold out for the six reel black version for more gameplay options?

Question: Should I save up and hope for a good deal some time in the future for a Don Don (red or black), or 'settle' for the Babel?

I'd like as many lights and sounds as possible for fun sake, but not obnoxious repetitious sounds that will start driving me crazy each time I spin the reels. I've noticed in some of the movies from eBay that there are definite barfers in the sound department(to me). I'm more of a melodius kind of guy, kind of the 'French airport paging ding dongs' type.

Question: Some of the new 'holographic' pachislos, or the ones with lcd games seem to be cool, do these enhancements add to the experience in your opinion? Or are they in their infancy, wait until later?

Thanks for any information, again it's kind of a gray area as a greenhorn one doesn't really understand all the things that veterans do. Especially if you go to some of the vendors and see hundreds of machines. But I have the advantage of being an old fart, I now listen first before jumping in the lake! Wish I had in my earlier years.........

Thanks!!!

John

Thanks
    Thanks Received

RE: My message.

'an explosion between the legs'????

Wow that filter is set to agressive mode!

John

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachinkojohn
    RE: My message.

'an explosion between the legs'????

Wow that filter is set to agressive mode!

John
    LOL!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachinkojohn
    Question: Is Valleygaming okay? 1 year warranty isn't as good but........?
    Valley's reputation has degraded drastically. They have now even made bidder's private. Whatever that means.

I have bought and several others here have bought from them.

My experience and others has been

1) They usually don't ship until 1-2 weeks after the auction ends and with one of the highest shipping charges of $89 I would expect immediate shipping.

2) Machine will most likely need to be cleaned and probably have a part or 2 that will need repair, put back in place, or something. Expect some noticeable defects.

3) Paint jobs have been spotty at best. They fill the holes sorta and then make one pass with the spray paint.

4) They pretty much don't know the meaning of the word customer service.

5) Buying from them will probably be a gamble in terms of machine quality and customer service, but their prices have dropped drasticaly compared to similar machines from more reputable dealers. So, you will get a bargain, but be prepared for a slow ship date and machine that will need some TLC upon arrival.

If you decide to buy and none of these things happen consider yourself lucky and have fun with your new machine!

You might shoot Tulsa a PM as I think he didn't learn his lesson the first time and might be able to elaborate on his experiences.

If I was going to save $100 off the average ebay price I would buy from them again for the savings, but would have an idea of what to expect.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

rai rai goku or babel would be your best bet of the two,

my rai rai goku has great lights, sounds, and music, when it gets in payout mood it goes from 20 spin rounds to jackpots at least a half dozen times in row. :lol:

it is a more active machine than my don don king.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

pachinkojohn Ware do you get a black version with no reels on top called a Don Don King? I have a don don. It is more or less red with the three extra reels on top. There is a new machine out that is using the same case with black and green lightning on it with a fourth reel with its own stop button called Giga Fever. Is this what you are talking about?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lazarus, here's the link to the 'black' Don Don:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

John

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is not a different machine. They are just showing the Don Don with the green lights on. In bonus it will go through all its colors.

Webdude

Lazarus, here's the link to the 'black' Don Don:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

John
    Did anyone notice the machine comes complete with error E-8

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
    Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2