Thread: Need help with wiring. Photos included

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need help with wiring. Photos included

Here is what I'm looking to do with this post. I have posted pictures of the back of my Nishijin. It has TWO lights, no more. I need someone to look at the photos and tell me if its wired correctly. I also have a few questions to throw in.
    Photo #1 is of the whole wiring. Top right is fuse, empty tray light. Center is "Jackpot light" and of "ball empty" switch.Lower left is of the "jackpot switch" with the see-saw just below it.**Notice that there is a yellow wire coming from the lower left "jackpot switch", and is not connected to anything. I need to know where this goes.
    Photo #2 is of the top right fuse. I'm sure I need a 10V fuse in there.The wires look to be wired from behind the fuse box thing. Yellow & Orange wires into the Tray empty light.
    Photo #3 is of the "jackpot light". White wires run into this and up to "tray empty" switch. The yellow wire goes straight from fuse to the "tray empty" switch. Orange goes from fuse down to "jackpot switch". THEN there is that strange yellow wire that runs from the "jackpot switch" and goes nowhere. **Notice that the Jackpot light has a tab where it looks like a wire should be soldered to it. Should there be something there?
    Photo #4 is of the "jackpot switch" showing the orange wire and the mysterious yellow wire.
    A few questions. Which wire (wires) are for the power source. I should have two wires for that, shouldnt I???
    **What is the yellow wire for that leads to nothing.
    ** Should a wire be soldered into the "jackpot light"???
    **The metal contacts above the see saw. Is the wire supposed to hit the metal contact when the see-saw moves to the right?
    I hope someone can help me. I suck at electrical stuff, but can do it with a little help. If I have anything wrong, such as wire colors (im colorblind), switches, lights, etc. Just let me know. Thanks! Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need help with wiring. Photos included

Im too tired right now to look over your setup but here is a link to a page that may help you answer your questions. Ill go over it in the morning.

http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed...electrical.htm
    Led Zepplin

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All is well. I studied the photos eddie sent me (thanks!) and figued it out. Heres some photos. -scott
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. The following user says "Thanks" to mrdo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice Going ! WOW! now I really want a Rolling Stone Pachinbko or what ever that model is. Looks Great... dont forget to polish the pins!!!
    Led Zepplin

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Whats the easiest way to polish the pins?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is how I do it but there are many ways.

materials

Brasso for BRASS not the Brasso in the blue can.

Rubber gloves

Old T shirt

Put on gloves ,Wrap tshirt around Index finger, place finger on can opening tilt can to get some brasso on finger, Rub across a set of pin heads and rub untill shiny all the while moving clean section of Tshirt to finger. When all is done use a fresh Tshirt to buff all pins untill black stops comming off onto the TShirt.

Work one section of pins at a time as you dont want the Brasso to dry on its own on the pins. However let it sit on the pins for just a bit before wipping.

You will find that as you are rubbing the pins it will at firstt seem as if nothing is happening then all of a sudden boom they start to shine but dont stop rubbing untill all of a sudden the friction seems to be gone then your finger will just glide over the pins.
    Its really a fun thing to do. If you work in Quarters of the cell it makes it easier to get all of the pins and not miss any.

Top Right set of pins, Bottom Right set of pins,Top Left set of pins, Bottom Left set of pins.

The pins that are lined up buff out faster then the single pins.

You can polish the heads of the Pinwheel pins and the pocket mounting pins but it takes a while because you really cant get the good buffing stroke without touching the Plastic which you want to avoid. It is just tedious around those areas but the result is worth it.

If some pins are stubborn just repeat the steps untill they finally come around They will eventually. Dont forget Sunglasses for the finished result!
    Led Zepplin

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ill do that towards the weekend. How about the playfield? Im not sure if its stained or just hard to get dirt. I used a rag and windex on it and rubbed, but its not what I expected.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not sure what you maent by (not what you expected).

Did you mean the cell face didnt get clean?

THe dark areas are probably stained from water ,Humidity etc

I used Qtips with windex on the the cell face as well as all of the pockets and plastics.

Just as with the pins and the Brasso, getting some stains off of the plastics with the windex and Qtips can take some time but they can get very very clean.

Dont be afraid to use a little preassure on the tough plastics stains.

Do not use pressure on the cell face.
    Led Zepplin

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie