Thread: Star Wars Pachinko - new member w/ couple questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Star Wars Pachinko - new member w/ couple questions

Hey guys, love the site! It's great that there's a place to go to learn more about this stuff. I have been reading through past threads and trying to ramp up my knowledge on these machines. I recently purchased a Star Wars machine on ebay, and I have a few questions about it. Thanks in advance for your help!

First, I think my machine is missing 2 bulbs in the front frame. From what I have read, this frame is a "lumina" and the bulbs are part number XE43024-0040 which is a clear bulb. Where is the current best place to try and get these bulbs?

Second, I have played well over 5000 balls through the machine, and I have yet to see a 3 number match in the LCD jackpot screen. I am curious as to the odds of this machine (if anyone knows) and if there is a published payout list for the pockets and winning combinations.

I also heard there are two kinds of machine (differing odds???) how can I tell which one I have?

Is there any way I can test the flippers in the machine? I can't recall actually noticing them move more than maybe once, and I'd like to make sure it's working correctly if possible.

Lastly, I once entered some kind of bonus round where I'm supposed to shoot down Darth Vader's Tie Fighter. I am not sure how I got there, but what do you do when you are in this mode to win (or is it only luck)?

I also ordered a cabinet from http://www.pachinkocabinets.net/
    I did this based on what I read here, in that they make decent stuff. I have yet to hear anything back from them, so I guess they really are as slow as people have said. Do they send you some kind of confirmation eventually? (it's been like 5 days since i paid) Or do i have to keep emailing them

Sorry for the question spam, I did try and read up as many threads as I could first, but there's just tons of information here.

Thanks again,

Compusmack

2. The following user says "Thanks" to compusmack

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Star Wars Pachinko - new member w/ couple questions

Quote Originally Posted by compusmack View Post

First, I think my machine is missing 2 bulbs in the front frame. From what I have read, this frame is a "lumina" and the bulbs are part number XE43024-0040 which is a clear bulb. Where is the current best place to try and get these bulbs?
    They pop up here in the auction from time to time. Arbycoffee sometimes has them...but then, what doesn't he have? They show up on ebay too. I've never had to replace any Lumina bulbs yet, so someone else might better answer this.

Second, I have played well over 5000 balls through the machine, and I have yet to see a 3 number match in the LCD jackpot screen. I am curious as to the odds of this machine (if anyone knows) and if there is a published payout list for the pockets and winning combinations.
    Normal behavior. Pachinkos tend to be streaky. Keep at it and you'll hit. You can usually find the payout specs in the museum entry for this machine. On the main Forum page, scroll down to the bottom and you can access the database. It's a Sankyo Star Wars obviously.

I also heard there are two kinds of machine (differing odds???) how can I tell which one I have?.
    Usually by the artwork on the cell. One of the experts here can tell you the different ones. It's likely you have the same version everyone else does.

Is there any way I can test the flippers in the machine? I can't recall actually noticing them move more than maybe once, and I'd like to make sure it's working correctly if possible.
    During normal play, the flippers may open very briefly, but it is so fast, you may not notice it in all the other distractions. When you hit a fever, you'll see them open for much longer. The only way to test for sure is to hit a fever.

Lastly, I once entered some kind of bonus round where I'm supposed to shoot down Darth Vader's Tie Fighter. I am not sure how I got there, but what do you do when you are in this mode to win (or is it only luck)?
    Unless your timing is WAY off, I'm pretty sure it's just luck. The CPU in the machine lets you win when it wants to. If you shoot down Darth, you will enter a fever. I've done it once out of maybe 4 tries.

I also ordered a cabinet from http://www.pachinkocabinets.net/
    I did this based on what I read here, in that they make decent stuff. I have yet to hear anything back from them, so I guess they really are as slow as people have said. Do they send you some kind of confirmation eventually? (it's been like 5 days since i paid) Or do i have to keep emailing them?
    I make my own so no help here, but I have heard they DO take a long time, but the product is worth the wait.

Welcome to the board!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!!!
    Dawn

5. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME to PachiTalk!!

Regarding the Lumina Bulbs, one of the Members here (Robocourier) often has sets of Bulbs on the PT Auction

You could always try sending him a PM to see if he has any left??

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

7. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Weocome !!!

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk !!!
    Pachinko Captain Solo in the Cargo Bay

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the warm welcome

Well I spent some more time looking into stuff and just playing around with the machine.

I was finally able to hit the jackpot fever and wow... that was crazy. I could hardly keep the ball tray filled at the top of the machine, so I guess a cabinet with a big reservoir or some kind of feed system is really a must. I also saw that the flippers seemed to open regularly after the jackpot during the 100 chance bonus round.

It took me about 5000 balls today to get the jackpot, but i've put in maybe 15000 balls total since I got the machine. I'm not sure, but I'm curious if the machine has some kind of payout history (maybe in RAM or ROM/Flash) to keep track of payouts. I wonder if keeping the machine on after a long dry (no jackpot) period would improve your chances later, or if it doesn't matter and you can power down just the same. I'd assume the parlors in Japan leave the machine running?

I also wonder how hitting the jackpot is figured (Probably it is figured by random numbers, but what seed do they use to generate it (time running? or maybe something else).

I was able to find out the actual type of machine that I have (ZF), there is a very small sticker on the machine (upper right, under the glass) and it also lists some payout odds in Japanese as well. I never noticed it that before, but that's probably because there's just so much to look at on the front of the machine.

I sent a few emails to the ebay seller regarding the missing lights and they finally agreed to send me a few replacements.

I still haven't won the "Shoot down Darth Vader" game yet, but i've only played it 4 times now. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens the next few times.

Thanks again for the help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the dark side of the magicial sphere

These games are great, almost new and we get them for pennies on the dollar.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

~~~Welcome to Pachitalk~~~
    There's no need to fear....
    Pachislo: Speed Racer, King Camel, Beast Sapp, Sindbad Adventure, Death Valley.Pachinko: Popeye, Fever Kagetu, Fever Circus, Spiderman Neo American: Red,White,& Blue Deluxe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The ZF is the best paying model they came out with. It's hard to believe this is a 2004 model. Seems like only yesterday I got mine.

The number of prize spheres 3&5&10&15 Various pocket payouts
    Large hitting probability (when definite strange) 1/496.5 (1/49.6) odds
    Count & round 9 count 15 round 15 rounds of 9 times to pay 15 balls
    The number of coming out balls Approximately 2025 (15x9x15) Fever Payout
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME
    Pachinkos:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vicky Chance
    Pachislos:
    Mach Go Go Go, Super Blackjack, Yamato

Thanks
    Thanks Received

These Sankyos don't have stats stored locally...at least not accessible for the regular user. The stats would be kept by the main parlor computer with the data taken via the battle counter interface. Aruze machines do have this feature, complete with graphs all accessible from the menu system available to the players.

You can purchase battle counters (again, check with Arby). Daverob's dongle also collects basic stats.