Thread: Lifted & Dongled - now, how many balls should I run?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Lifted & Dongled - now, how many balls should I run?

O.k., got my daverob dongle (AWESOME!) , got my Arby ball lifter (AWESOME!) , got my Yamato 2 & IJ!

Now would like to start building preferrably a wall mount cab (non wall-insert that is), will swap cells.

So my question has to do w/ reservoirs & weight.

I've noticed on some of Arby's pics that he runs a container as a reservoir above the lifter.

So I counted how many balls I need to run without a reservoir(except for 1 created between the top load tray & the top of the existing cabinet / stand (Holds approx 75-100 extra balls)) & without overflowing the lifter. Approx 1350 after playing alot to create the different ball volume changes based on continuing game play.

Then I played & got into a fever round & counted the payout - approx. 2150.

So 1350 + 2150 = 3500.

So my thinking is this - I'd like to get as close to parlour-play feel (as little ball reloading as possible).

& w/ this calculation, if I run 3500+ balls I should be able to payout a full fever round then reload.

BUT, that's an awful lot of weight in balls to carry!

Also, I would then need a fairly large container to catch @ front payout then hoist to top after fever!

& that also means I need a DARN BIG reservoir above my lifter if I run like Arb's pics. Which means taller cabinet.

Any recommendations?

Should I run volume based on maybe 1 reload during fever & 1 after to minimize weight of balls both in machine, in lifting to top as well as reduce size of container to catch payout? Ex approx 2400?

Should I split reservoir volume say between top & just above ball lifter??

I figure I'll start playing w/ cab designs to accomodate the layout but don't want to have to build more than 1...

Thanks much!

-Rod
    Last edited by soltic; 08-23-2007 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Can't speel mi own naym

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to soltic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Lifted & Dongled - now, how many balls should I run?

remember, all your shot balls will be returning to the top, I would think you would do ok with 2,000 to 2,500 balls
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found the ball reservoir above the lifter should be placed so you can add more ball convently. I seem to find 1300 balls worked well over all.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My personal preference is either build the cabinet to hold as many balls as possible, so it's possible to play through several fevers in a row and still have the trays full of the won balls to prove it.

Alternatively use just enough balls to fill the shooter tray, any more will either spill over into the lower tray, or cause the machine to keep telling you that the tray's full. All the wins are stored by the machine, so as long as you have wins owing, all the balls played will end up back in the shooter tray (via the lifter and top hopper). It's kind of like the expensive way of playing fully cyclic, but you still get the challenge of trying to make the credit amount set on the dongle last as long as possible.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The cabinets that I built have a resovour that holds 1500 balls. Any more than that can get real heavy.
    Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I guess I went with the "Battleship" Cabinet theory. With the hoppers full above the machines and the balls internal in the machines there is a 6000 ball capacity for each when full. 18,000 balls. Thats 216 Lbs. in balls.

With all the framing and bracing using "T" and "L" brackets around the framework of the three machines I have had no issues as to structural integrity. The ball spent box for Julie will hold 1000 balls and the ones for Vicky and the Palot will hold 1800. They have larger boxes due to the fact that the Palot uses 15 balls per spin and Vicky can eat up some balls trying to get into the honey spot.

I have played all three now through a dozen or so fever / Big Bonus Rounds. Vicky and Julie will go through 2 Fevers and the Palot will go through two Big Bonus rounds. This includes at least 45 minutes of play time putting balls through to reach the Fevers and Big Bonuses.

After the two rounds there are still balls in each machine / hopper and I have not had to stop to empty the spent ball boxes during the 45 minutes to 1 hour of play.

There are no ball lifters involved. All spent balls drop down into the boxes below the table.

All the wood is 3/4 thick and there are 2 1/2 inch # 6 screws holding the framework around the machines together. The three upright legs have 1 1/2 inch square wood attached to them one inch short of the depth of the table using 3 inch 10-24 bolts, washer and locking nuts through them and the table top.

The three machines are tied together through the two center partition boards with 2 6-32 bolts in each board. The outboard vertical frame boards also have to 6-32 bolts through the machine frames.

The table depth is 16 inches and I have not had even the slightest problem with tip over when I open a machine up. (one at a time of course)

The upper ball hoppers are held together with 2 inch #6 screws and the lexan is routed 3/8ths. of an inch into the framework and 5/16ths. of an inch into the upper cabinet top . I have had no problems with the lexan bowing and popping out with the hoppers full.

Now Vicky does like to (at times) throw up to 4 to 5 big rounds within a 30 minute period. At least mine does. Due to this I always stop after the second round anyway on each machine and reload the "Battleship" for another Broadside.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

8. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

that is built! like a brick battle ship !!! cool beans
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

10. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you Arby. One thing they taught you in the NAVY and I took away with me after 20 years. "Fix it, Build it, Do it right the first time".
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

12. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, all those shiny little balls on top are sooo pretty!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

14. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss