Thread: Lifted & Dongled - now, how many balls should I run?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Lifted & Dongled - now, how many balls should I run?

O.k., got my daverob dongle (AWESOME!) , got my Arby ball lifter (AWESOME!) , got my Yamato 2 & IJ!

Now would like to start building preferrably a wall mount cab (non wall-insert that is), will swap cells.

So my question has to do w/ reservoirs & weight.

I've noticed on some of Arby's pics that he runs a container as a reservoir above the lifter.

So I counted how many balls I need to run without a reservoir(except for 1 created between the top load tray & the top of the existing cabinet / stand (Holds approx 75-100 extra balls)) & without overflowing the lifter. Approx 1350 after playing alot to create the different ball volume changes based on continuing game play.

Then I played & got into a fever round & counted the payout - approx. 2150.

So 1350 + 2150 = 3500.

So my thinking is this - I'd like to get as close to parlour-play feel (as little ball reloading as possible).

& w/ this calculation, if I run 3500+ balls I should be able to payout a full fever round then reload.

BUT, that's an awful lot of weight in balls to carry!

Also, I would then need a fairly large container to catch @ front payout then hoist to top after fever!

& that also means I need a DARN BIG reservoir above my lifter if I run like Arb's pics. Which means taller cabinet.

Any recommendations?

Should I run volume based on maybe 1 reload during fever & 1 after to minimize weight of balls both in machine, in lifting to top as well as reduce size of container to catch payout? Ex approx 2400?

Should I split reservoir volume say between top & just above ball lifter??

I figure I'll start playing w/ cab designs to accomodate the layout but don't want to have to build more than 1...

Thanks much!

-Rod
    Last edited by soltic; 08-23-2007 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Can't speel mi own naym

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to soltic