Thread: My hand at wood working in the right section

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My hand at wood working (in the right section)

Just realized that this was in the Wrong Place. :

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20922

The splinters continue...

Started in my first triple Cabinet which will hold Kagetsu Densetsu, Julie and 9 Clouds Gladiator. Vicky is in place for 9 Clouds as it is not here yet. This one has tried my nerves.

Did allot more bracing on the backside with "T" and "L" brackets and longer screws in the vertical boards between the machines. The big test of my witts was the center top ball hopper.

The two end ones have the shut off rod sticking out of each side. No side in the middle??? Going to have to rotate the slide board 90 degrees and have it slide open and shut from the back of the cabinet.

Space behind the cabinet is limited so no wood rod attached to it. Just the board and it will pull out to close the hopper. The other ones push in to close the hoppers so as not to put stress on the attach point of the wood rod and the slide board. There is more pressure closing it than opening it.

Just have the basic cabinet done so far. Still have to route the top for the lexan windows for the hoppers. Mount the lower spent ball boxes and drill all of the ball holes and the bits that go with them to get the balls to the right spot. And plumb all of the electrical.

This one will be more top heavy with three hoppers. 4000 balls each. 12 Lbs X 12 (1000 balls weigh 12 Lbs. = 144 Lbs in balls. Made this one a little deeper for more stability. With everything in the total weight should be around 300 pounds including the cabinet.

Will update with more Pics as progress continues .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

2. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My hand at wood working (in the right section)

Lookin' Good!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My hand at wood working (in the right section)

Well got about 75% of it done. Julie looks good in there with the other two. 9 Drums Gladiator is a Red Frame and I think I like the three white frames together. With all three of them in display mode it's quite a light show.

I think it was LD that posted about the funnel for a ball drop. Works like a champ and allot less work than having to build wood channel boxes like I did on the other two cabinets.. Thank you for the idea.

Still have to drill a hole for Julie's top hopper, install a ball cut off and put a funnel in on that one along with the lower spent ball box under the table. And put the tilt boards in all three top hoppers for the ball flow.

The framework of the cabinet is rock solid with all the additional bracing I put in on the back frame work around the machines. The real test will be with that 144 pounds of balls loaded up top.

This table top is 16 inches wide, 64 1/2 inches long and 3/4 inch thick board. The upright legs are 24 inches. 9 Drums is going to go into a double cabinet by itself for awhile until "Star Trek" arrives on our shores.

Out of the three machines Vicky Chance is the brightest and shiniest. Why???

That is the only one of the three that has been ARBY-IZED.

Awhile back I sent Arby three machines : Vicky, Indy and Star Wars straight from the vendor. He did his magic on them. Straightened and repainted the frames. No more nails he used screws. They are square and tight. He tore the machines down. cleaned the cells, ball ways and every nook and cranny you could think of.

They arrived at my door from him looking like they were brand new and going into a Parlor for the first time.

I highly recommend this service by Arby if you want a pristine machine. Now that I said that don't everyone start buying machines and shipping them to him from either a vendor or your home. Contact him first and see if he has the time to do it. I asked him at the right time when he had the time available to preform this service for me.

Again. Thank You Greg for three fantastic machines.

Devon. If you look at the last two pictures you will see something missing. A KAGETSU DENSETSU ball tray. Any chance of a 9 Drums Gladiator also??

Devon's Goodies are "A #1" also. I'm about to jump on the bandwagon for some token cups from him.

Finally got an SD card for the camera I got from Lddrizzt. 2 Gig Polaroid from K Mart. Was on sale and with the $5.00 mail in rebate it came to $20.00. If you need one go check out K Mart. I have to start taking pictures with that one and not my old Cannon with the serial cable. I'm sure the pictures will post much clearer.

I have the You Tube account set up and I'll start uploading Videos soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

6. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to new in town