Thread: Resolving dispute

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Resolving dispute

This about the vintage pachinko missing parts but there isn't a a category for general questions. I email seller parts are missing and playing Field is water damaged that I could not see in picture. We go back and forth with emails and I tell him I would not pay what I did for a machine only good for parts. Then he must of sent something to Square Trade To resolve this dispute. Then I see after he contacted them he sends an email to me wonting to know what I wont him do do about it. I sent an email back to him saying I would like something of my money back and left it to him to let me know how much if anything he would do. I have not herd from him now. Should I respond to the Square Trade email? Laz.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You bought a pachinko that you thought was working? Was advertised as working? Wasn't advertised as not working? Didn't show or suggest water damage?

I would want nothing less than all my money back.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How about giving us a link for the auction so we can help you analyze the situation.

For example :

If it stated "sold as is" anywhere in the auction, you must forget about fighting it.

Best to let us have a peek at the auction ad and believe me - you will get plenty of advice as you have here an excellent collection of sellers and buyers on Ebay.

Don't answer squaretrade until we advise you. But you must answer them soon or you will not get anything from the seller.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Auction was ending in about 10 min. did not see it earlier when I was looking on ebay. Only showed picture of front . I could not see water damage from it. In the description it said good restoration project. the picture showed a crack in Plexiglas with tape on it. I guess I know now that restoration means parts that make the machine work are missing. Not just a machine with some cleaning, same mechanical work and maybe paint. I have tried to ask sellers questions real close to the end of auctions and nobody gets back to me,so I did not try here. I should have let it pass. I know some of this is my fault but he had to know this was a non working machine. When I got it he had parts in a bag with the machine and the lever just hangs there. He also told me even if I would have asked for more pictures he would not have sent them. I have to assume part responsibility so that is Wye I asked for only some of my money back.Laz.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    Auction was ending in about 10 min. did not see it earlier when I was looking on ebay. Only showed picture of front . I could not see water damage from it. In the description it said good restoration project. the picture showed a crack in Plexiglas with tape on it. I guess I know now that restoration means parts that make the machine work are missing. Not just a machine with some cleaning, same mechanical work and maybe paint. I have tried to ask sellers questions real close to the end of auctions and nobody gets back to me,so I did not try here. I should have let it pass. I know some of this is my fault but he had to know this was a non working machine. When I got it he had parts in a bag with the machine and the lever just hangs there. He also told me even if I would have asked for more pictures he would not have sent them. I have to assume part responsibility so that is Wye I asked for only some of my money back.Laz.
    Ok so can you give us the auction link?

If you don't want to then here is what I would say based on what you state above :

In the description it said good restoration project.
    that statement alone makes it "as is".

Restoration Project means it needs work.

If you can get anything from the seller you will be somewhat lucky.

I don't think squaretrade will help you on this at all.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have to agree with Lew. If the ad stated it was a "restoration project", then I think the seller covered himself on it. It would be nice to see the ad to see if there was any misrepresentation on the sellers part.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got one that the top ball trap/holder was all busted up. I am using epoxe glue and than I will cover the out side with fiber glass for stirenth. I think it will work. Kind of like puting a puzel together only 12 parts.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay here is the add. I know I'm in the wrong, I'll take my likings and now i have a machine for part and now know the definition of restoration. Laz.

Description

See photo. Vintage Pachinko machine. 1950's? - 1960's? A great restoration project! Weighs approximately 40-45 lbs. Will be shipped by method of buyers choosing; UPS, Roadway, etc.Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have and check out our other items and our !Thanks for looking and happy bidding!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Laz : Go to your Ebay account and click on your purchase to bring up the Ebay auction you did this from. Then right mouse click on the ebay url and save it and repost it here so we can see the entire auction ad including the picture. For example here is a current auction ad that I right mouse clicked and save to here :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...25421&rd=1 Dead Linc

BTW: I bought this and it is a very helpful video.

Anyway do this and that way we can probably help you !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here it is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT Dead Linc

A auction for the same machine In need or repair and restoration just went for 10.00 with only one bid. I bet That machine is all there and it will work for 27.00 less. Laz.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok Laz here is my opinion on it.

I feel you may have somewhat of a claim as no where does it say AS IS.
    The words RESTORATION project can maybe mean AS IS but that ad did leave a lot to be desired as far as describing any problems etc.

At this point I would go ahead and ask for shipping back or at least something.

BUT this is a great example of coming in on a auction at the end and not having time for you and the seller to write emails about it.

I would question Ebay about the shortness of the description. Restoration is a tuff word for sure....

Any other opinions out there?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got the email from Square Trade Friday. I will what for any other comments till Sunday night then answer there email.I did not open it so I do not know what they will ask for. Laz.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with you Lew...
    Some sort of adjustment could be made here, I would think.
    The short time to view the auction is what hurt Laz. The handle is not up in the photo, and the glass is obviously broken, with tape obviously covering cracks. Lexan is cheap enough, though.

Still... water damage should have been noted... and I'm assuming that the box wasn't wet from shipping???

And no "as-is" anywhere. Restoration IS a tough word to define, really!

But I don't see his Square Trade banner... do you mean PayPal, Laz? Or was it pulled???
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if you don't anything back on this item,

at least you learned a lesson not to buy without some research.

he does have a 100% rating so maybe he will be a little flexable.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No water damage to box, here is the email.

**Important Email - Please Read Carefully**
    SquareTrade, eBay's preferred dispute resolution service, was recently contacted by (eBay User ID: sunfunbeachbum) regarding a transaction.

It is our goal to help parties resolve disputes to everyone's satisfaction.

Click Here To Help Resolve The Issue
    It takes 5-10 minutes to answer the complaint.

If this button does not work, please copy & paste this link to your browser address bar:
    https://www.squaretrade.com/odr/jsp/...;sm=N&sId=

Details of the Transaction: eBay Item Number: 6133501186
    Merchandise Description: Vintage Nishijin Shiroi-Kamone Pachinko Machine 1960's?
    Reported Problems:

Buyer says that merchandise different than described.

Why Participate in Resolving the Issue

Absolutely Free - there is no cost to you.
    Unbiased and Neutral - SquareTrade is an objective third party.
    Highly effective in settling the dispute.
    Voluntary at all times - you have no obligation at any time to settle or continue participating in the process.
    Simple and Quick - It takes 5-10 minutes to answer the complaint and most disputes settle within 7 days with less than 30 minutes of total time from you.
    NOTE: If you have resolved the problem, please close the case.
    This is an automated notification - please respond by the form.
    Who is SquareTrade?

SquareTrade is eBay's preferred Dispute Resolution provider. We resolve thousands of disputes each month from eBay and other marketplaces. Click here to learn more about SquareTrade.

Sincerely,

SquareTrade Customer Support

*Please do not respond to this email with information regarding your case, as it can only be processed through the SquareTrade website. If you have other questions, please contact us. Please make sure you reference your SquareTrade Case ID: 250266263.

*If you would like to not receive any of these email notifications, even though it may lead to feedback removal, you may click here.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    No water damage to box, Â*here is the email.
    Â* Â* Â*

**Important Email - Please Read Carefully**
    SquareTrade, eBay's preferred dispute resolution service, was recently contacted by (eBay User ID: sunfunbeachbum) regarding a transaction.

It is our goal to help parties resolve disputes to everyone's satisfaction.

Â* Â*
    Â*
    Click Here To Help Resolve The Issue
    It takes 5-10 minutes to answer the complaint.

If this button does not work, please copy & paste this link to your browser address bar:
    https://www.squaretrade.com/odr/jsp/...;sm=N&sId=

Details of the Transaction: eBay Item Number: 6133501186
    Merchandise Description: Vintage Nishijin Shiroi-Kamone Pachinko Machine 1960's?
    Reported Problems:

Buyer says that merchandise different than described.

Why Participate in Resolving the Issue

Absolutely Free - there is no cost to you.
    Unbiased and Neutral - SquareTrade is an objective third party.
    Highly effective in settling the dispute.
    Voluntary at all times - you have no obligation at any time to settle or continue participating in the process.
    Simple and Quick - It takes 5-10 minutes to answer the complaint and most disputes settle within 7 days with less than 30 minutes of total time from you.
    NOTE: If you have resolved the problem, please close the case.
    This is an automated notification - please respond by the form.
    Who is SquareTrade?

SquareTrade is eBay's preferred Dispute Resolution provider. We resolve thousands of disputes each month from eBay and other marketplaces. Click here to learn more about SquareTrade.

Sincerely,

SquareTrade Customer Support

*Please do not respond to this email with information regarding your case, as it can only be processed through the SquareTrade website. If you have other questions, please contact us. Please make sure you reference your SquareTrade Case ID: 250266263.

*If you would like to not receive any of these email notifications, even though it may lead to feedback removal, you may click here.

Tulsa is this the same service that you paid Ebay 25.00 to try to get help?

You might be able to point out a couple of ideas to ol' Laz here...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

$20 and Yes.