Thread: Aruze inc. Aruze, Macy, Eleco, Mizuho, & Universal

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Aruze (inc. Aruze, Macy, Eleco, Mizuho, & Universal)

Posts your thoughts on the Aruze family of machines (Aruze, Macy, Eleco, Mizuho, & Universal)

Praises and Problems alike!
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

never had any problems with any Aruze machine, they seem to make a cheaper machine than most but i think thats just them selling a lower cost machine. I think they are either owned by Yamasa or they own Yamasa. One or the other!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just bought an Aruze machine at COSTCO of all places last week! Who would have thought Costco would be carrying these Pachislo machines??? The great thing about them carrying it was I wasn't ever aware of what was out there for sale and as soon as I saw this machine, I had to have it -- and my wife did as well, which is even better.

Now, after buying it, I've found this site and found that there are a lot of Pachislos for sale out there floating around.

Again, though, without the Costco machine sitting there, who'd have known? :-? I sure wouldn't.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Back to topic. I picked up an Aruze Continental XXXX at Costco and the darn thing is just gorgeous. We were out of town from our little NW Iowa town and at a conference in Chicago when we saw it at the retail store outside Chicago.

We had to unbox it to fit in the back seat of our Camry in order to bring it back home, and that is a whole story in itself...

Anyway, it is beautiful! Chrome is perfect. It is spotless inside and out, wood backside is in nice refinished state, all lights bright and clear, no odors (haha!) and basically a great machine. The Costco price was $249 plus tax, so now after learning more about these machines, find that isn't a great price. But, I'm still a happy guy! :wink:

My daughter and wife love it. We're having a prize give-away party soon with the Pachislo, cards, roulette, and Texas Poker. It's gonna be a blast.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey slotter don't worry about that price(I am sure there are many people that have paid a lot more than that for the same machine elsewhere - we aren't all perfect here). I am sure it has paid for itself many times over just with the the joy your wife and daughter have had playing it. And it will be a hit for you at your party also. Congratulations :!:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For a retail price, that isn't that bad. You didn't have to add shipping to the price which if you figure out from ebay is on average $70, you really only paid, $180. 8-)

Fuzzy logic at it's finest... :grin:
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm still amazed that this nice of a machine can be had for that price. We love it. I'm happy, and if we decide to get another one will know what to look for next time.

Learning curve.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a Don Chan from Aruze.

Very well constructed and I have had no problems with it.

I also have a Hanabi Hayakkeie by Eleco, an Aruze subsidiary. While it is a perfectly fine machine, it doesn't seem to be as sturdy. The wheels make a bit more noise that the Don Chan.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've only owned machines made my Aruze or Eleco. I don't have brand loyalty, just a coincidence. I have never needed to change a single light bulb. None of them have seemed insubstantial or cheap concerning their construction. Aruze models may be a lower-cost model, but they have been competitive with their machines' digital sounds and LCD technology.

Aren't all of these machines designed to take a beating? I don't think that any of us in the secondary market will ever wear out a machine, provided that it was in good shape when we bought it. I think that it is far more important to buy a clean machine from a reputable dealer than getting hung up on a brand.

I would rather get a clean Belco from Milt any day than a NET from a flea market.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Manual for the Aruze family of machines (Aruze, Macy, Eleco, Mizuho, & Universal)

Pachislo Museum
    Continental XXXX Aruze 2001

http://www.pachitalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"