Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Slot Pachinko.com

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Problem with Slot Pachinko.com

Shocked? did you check the wiring to make sure nothing is shorting or loose? Some of my pachislots gave me a tingle in my bare feet while standing on the tile, I put a 3 prong cord on it and it fixed it.
    PoPeye / Rio de Carnival / Neo Magic Pulsar / Sinbad Adventure / Fist of the North Star / Death Valley / The Cross "Dracula" Pinballs: TZ, RFM, SWE1, LAH, STTNG, TOM

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As many know, Curt is not a buddy, but I was on the floor and this was left on my watch. So here is Slot Pachinko.com side of the story

Thanks for the email and our side of the story.

First he said he was 152 balls short. We purchased a ball counter from Japan and in the past 10,000 machines there are 400 balls in every bag.

When shipped we weigh the cartons for the FedEx weight. His carton was exactly 74.6 pounds. EXACTLY what a Star Wars weighs packed. 152 balls obviously weigh more than a pound!!

We went back through over 500 trays of balls (8 to the tray). Anything that remotely looked short were pulled and recounted only to find they were exactly 400.

We didn't like the fact he was looking for something free. It happens.

Then he says that all of the lights, 27 in total are missing from the door.

The machines are inspected before they leave Japan. The lights are inspected by our Technicians before they go to packing. Each Technician initials the machines they convert. His machine was converted by Nick. He has been with us since the buyout of Republic Industries and has not had ONE problem since joining us. Barry and Carl at Republic told me his attendance was perfect and his work was perfect.

This is the only complaint we have had about Nick. As he already got us for an extra 150 balls WHO ARE YOU GOING TO BELIEVE?

He says he has pictures but even our yard dog is smart enough to unscrew a bulb holder.

You know at some point in time you must draw the line. Had he said he was missing 5 or 6 we would have sent them even after having to send him free balls. Missing every bulb? IMPOSSIBLE.

I told him to return the machine and we would credit him the machine less shipping. Nothing was said about restocking fees! We don't have such a thing.

15,000 Pachinko machines a year and one jxxx. I guess that isn't bad.

This is the first objection we have stood firm on in more than a year.

Sincerely,
    Curt
    slot-pachinko.com
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

3. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can understand maybe that the Bulbs were missing...I work at a company where we ship tools out all the time. Every now and then, a mis-shipment occurs. It's nothing more than a mistake...that's all. Could it be possible (and please understand that I am just a reader on the pachitalk site and have no idea how a slot/pachinko business is run) that the machine that was sent out was accidentally "grabbed" and boxed up and it may have been a machine that wasn't ready for sale? It could happen. People get busy sometimes and reach for the wrong product.

That is just my thought, I hope all works out well.
    Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think if they have sold 10,000 machines like they claim with no problems that they can afford to send a call tag for one machine and refund all his money.

If it was my business I would do that. take the hit and move on!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't want to come across wrong in any way shape or form. Whoever sent an email with my comments etc. to slot pachinko.com that is fine. I have nothing to hide I didn't take these bulbs out and they weren't there in the first place. I have children and I have morals and lieing is not something you want to teach your children and that is being wrong. I own my own business and I understand if someone is lieing that something shouldn't be taken care of, but when the customer isn't lieing then you take care of your customers. I'm not out to get free bulbs or anything like that it's I feel that when you purchase a product it should fully work with the parts and everything else. Just wanted to say that I'm not lieing and God be my witness I'm not. That wouldn't be Christian of me to do to lie, cheat, and or steal.

Thank you,
    Chris

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to rollercoaster79

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

if you were liying about the bulbs what would you do with 27 free bulbs
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Chris,
    So sorry you are having a tough time. At this point, I would just try and move on. You could try and write one more, nicely worded letter explaining the situation, but it sounds like they may be firm in their decision.

Something like this has happened to everyone at one time or another. You just seem to slip through the cracks somewhere and get royally screwed. It's too bad that it has happened to you while you are trying to get started with this very fun hobby and now it has probably soured the whole thing. Just remember there are lots of people here to support you and can help get your SW pachinko back on its feet. You could also consider listing it in the auction and try and get back some of your investment.

Whatever you choose, just try and visualize that new machine on the horizon and try and leave this experience behind you. There are lots of good people to buy from (Arby, Gaku) and I would try and stick with them to build up your base machines. Take a chance with some shadier operations after you get some experience tinkering with them a while.

Good luck, see you around.

-Reed

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alphajerk3000

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On the few occasions I've got into a situation like this, where the seller is unsure if I'm being honest or not. I politely ask them if they are able to sell me the missing/faulty parts. Something along the lines of saying that I appreciate that I have no proof they were missing, but seeing as I've got to get the parts from somewhere, I hope that they'll be able to sell them to me for a reasonable price.

More often than not this tends to break the stalemate, and while I still end up out of pocket for something that I feel should have been supplied in the first place, the payment is usually just a token gesture and far less than I would have to pay elsewhere.

12. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yah I don't think the option of buying the bulbs is even avaialble as they only have 17 bulbs in inventory and the other 10 I could get in October, but that defeats the purpose. There has to be other machines of this with them so you send me a new machine and I send this one back to you. Is this normal of how a pachinko machine should have been fixed up before it was sold? Please let me know as I was electrocuted by it. I think this machine wasn't taken care of like it should have.

Thank you for all the help. I love this group and I'm finding out more and more about this great and fun hobby as my fiance says a new obsession. lol.

Thank you,
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Light bulbs and balls are optional, but electrocutions are included.

Whenever I get a machine I check the wiring to make sure it's up to speed (no loose connections, no half crimped on connectors, etc). I also get rid of any 2 prong cords and install a 3 prong.

Always do a visual before you even plug in a new machine to prevent "electrocutions" or shorting the machine out and blowing a board or power supply.
    PoPeye / Rio de Carnival / Neo Magic Pulsar / Sinbad Adventure / Fist of the North Star / Death Valley / The Cross "Dracula" Pinballs: TZ, RFM, SWE1, LAH, STTNG, TOM

15. The following user says "Thanks" to gottac

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is that electrical tape ???

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Perhaps you felt an electrical shock.

If you were electrocuted, you would not be talking about it.
    e·lec·tro·cute

1. To kill with electricity: a worker who was electrocuted by a high-tension wire.
    2. To execute (a condemned prisoner) by means of electricity.
    Of course, shock therapy is helpful sometimes, too.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

18. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by gottac View Post
    Always do a visual before you even plug in a new machine to prevent "electrocutions" or shorting the machine out and blowing a board or power supply.
    I found this one out the hard way with my Cutie Honey, It had issues from the start and smoked two boards and set part of the case on fire. Now I take a new machine almost fully apart and inspect it (and clean it, after all it is apart) before pluging in.
    the

LLTR

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I always check new machines over carefully before turning them on
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Always get Arby machines, you don't have to check them at all.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, this is electrical tape that was on the machine. This is how the machine was received. They said that I can have 17 bulbs that they have inventory and then I can wait for the other 10 bulbs and get them in October. That won't work at all I purchased a machine that should have all these things. I think what they can do is send me a replacement machine with all the bulbs and one that doesn't have electrical tape on it. This is a fire hazard from what another person said. Then the person went on to say that:

Just got an email from a principal PachiTalk member. Thought you night enjoy. A note of info passed to me by another member that asked to remain unknown. Chris was looking to buy Lumina bulbs from him, but he was all out, this was before your sale to him. Whoever said this is lieing I haven't bought anything off anyone on Pachittalk as of now. I never have asked anyone about Lumina bulbs to buy.

Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rollercoaster79 View Post
    Yes, this is electrical tape that was on the machine. This is how the machine was received. They said that I can have 17 bulbs that they have inventory and then I can wait for the other 10 bulbs and get them in October. That won't work at all I purchased a machine that should have all these things. I think what they can do is send me a replacement machine with all the bulbs and one that doesn't have electrical tape on it. This is a fire hazard from what another person said. Then the person went on to say that:

Just got an email from a principal PachiTalk member. Thought you night enjoy. A note of info passed to me by another member that asked to remain unknown. Chris was looking to buy Lumina bulbs from him, but he was all out, this was before your sale to him. Whoever said this is lieing I haven't bought anything off anyone on Pachittalk as of now. I never have asked anyone about Lumina bulbs to buy.

Chris
    I have asked about Lumina bulbs in the past. I might be the "Chris" they were thinking of not you.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Everyone should get what they pay for. It does sound like they are trying to work with you though.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't think sending me partial bulbs when it was to have all of them is working it out. It was forwarded to their legal department and they emailed me and I replied and it comes back as undeliverable. I said I either want all the bulbs now, money totalling $270.00 for the bulbs that I would have to buy, or they pay for me to ship it back and refund me the full money that I paid including s/h. I think these are reasonable requests. What do you think?

Thanks,
    Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is what you think that matters.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast