Thread: Maruhon figured out

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Maruhon figured out

I had asked about a single shooter a while back and no one knew ,,specially me what the "switch",,(aflip up down gate type lever near reset teeter todder) does on a maru single shot ,,but after final assembly and play for awhile I found that it is a disable for the "MISSED" jackpot payout
    In other words a hangup or empty jp tray,would allow you to get balls(winner balls) in the front window(flip front lever and get payout)and you could recoop a near loss
    The ginzas could accually disable at thier discresion this feature from behind the walls..sounds like vegas huh
    I just thought of acdc flick of the switch
    Heres a few pics,this one is old and took bout3 mos or more to get goin and still not quite done ,,have to get some chrome sheet for the top jp on playface ,,Iam thinking a toaster you know the sides have good chrome sheet metal,,,has to be thin like that ,the original is thin but shot(replace)
    I was amazed that the play face was in exc. condition,when I got it off of fleabay,and I would guess it is a 60s maybe upper 50s model.
    I have a 64 hewia and this one seems a little older because there is NO plastic on back,,,,all metal!
    Every one who has a single shooter should look to see if they have this disable ,,I am curious
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to rdmkr1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Maruhon figured out

I have an old single shooter that I have been slowly restoring. Everything works perfect on it. The lever on mine that is near the ball entry is to rack up wins when I play two or three balls at once. If two balls go into win pockets at the same time and meet at the payoff rocker at the same time, the first ball will payoff and the secend will get diverted into the 3 inch plastic window. I can then move the lever and redeem my payoff for that "stored" ball.
    I'm not sure that there is a way to disable that, the balls would start backing up at the pay off rocker.
    Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Maruhon figured out

I am wondering what brand yours is...when you (disable) mine any double wins will only pay once and trays the second to lost
    I am sure this caused a fuss when the parlor attendants used this when a machine paid off too much before they could bend some nails