Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Severe Weather

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Severe Weather

hi all the m1 motorway is open now..public transport is running in sertain areas.iv been in the sheffield town centre the morning for pet food ..steel ferms closed.its like a battle field.diggers skips every where cleening up the river don has gone down.so has walls thousands still have no power..milk and bread is hard to find as well as sertain pet foods..house hold items litter the street..its like a very quiet sunday..not many cars about..the council are still at it digging the road up in other areas..you would think they would try to rebuild the roads and bridgers and river walls..but their happy taking good roads up and,it worse by road works...weather cloudy..warm..we are all doing our gardens cutting lawns ect sweeping up cleaning to take preasure off our minds...i lowerd my union jack on the day of the flood and now its flying high again ...i hope out of this goverments all over the world will think now ...

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to the medium

Thanks
    Thanks Received

prince philip came today to see the mess of sheffield the ta s volanter army worked cleaning up through the night.the army removed all the council road works filled in what the had created as in the papers the council had done more to sheffield than hitlers bombers did in the 2nd world war..sonow their being held responceable and they have to put it right..we are on our feet,going to work little food as it been thrown away..as no power ,still only now and again...the rain came last night and today we are not moving..sunny now...i hope the rest of england get through ok as we have...all we hear now is who is in number 10 downing street at least they have a home some here have none...but its sorting out...

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to the medium

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Our thoughts and prayers remain with you folks.
    Few know the devastation that flooding can bring. It doesn't take a wall of water to destroy lives, and rising waters can be quite damaging!
    Good to hear that people are joining spirits, though.
    Amazing how a disaster can bring people together!
    Hang in there!
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks all i know some people think its mad but we organised a fair tomorow while sunday...we have even got a real american burger bar...so rain or shine ..its one ...weather proof clothin is optional...i deliverd things to sell...only thing is getting the steel tent pegs in concret.we used rock climbers is it pitons and clampons and a large hammer..so have fun as we will..as its to raise money every ones jolly iv never seen so many people happy we joke about it...as when driving about seeing large fish in the roads...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's not mad at all. It's the perfect thing to organize!
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How about a UK joke to liven up the mood

Dolly Parton and Queen Elizebeth died on the same day.

they both got to heavens gate at the same time.

St. Peter said what makes you both think you should be in heaven?

Dolly was showing ample cleavage and said won't this make me good enough to enter?

The Queen took a swig on Perrier water from a bottle she had and spit it in a toilet nearby and flushed it.

St. peter told the Queen she could enter, but not Dolly.

Dolly said, why does she get to go in, but not me?

St. Peter said--

A Royal Flush beats a large pair
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hi to all well its stoped raining now..its only been light rain ,we are 95%back to normal,power cuts now and again the people with insurance homes are being repaired none insurance..theirs a help site called www.sheffieldforum.co.uk.where unwanted items are given to them,bulitins from the council say they will start repairs from 2011.and between now and then..our rent,council tax,rates is going up as the goverment has not given us any thing to rebuild..so roads still washed away bridgers require repair or washed way..a lot of shops..ect are now finished closed for good,iv never seen as many rats.as i live in the high ground as in the last week or so.iv a pet owl..so i kill em and he eats them..it was anounced that crime in sheffield had gone down ..not suprising as it was flooded...and on the other hand the council has anounced that a 1 billion pound spending plan to be spent on some flats\tall rised buildins that know one wants,like slums to be refurbished to bring them in to future...its unreal..the no smoking bad has kicked in..no smoking in public places..we carnt get granted planning permition to errect smoking shelters..so its smoking in the rain...police now look for smokers in towns to fine...i carnt understand if they want us to stop smoking why sell em in shops i hope this is good reading

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sorry about the link.. www.sheffieldforum.co.uk and i go as the spritulst

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well a lot of places are getting back to some level of normality, although many people will be still be affected by this in some shape or other.

On a lighter note I thought I would post this quick youtube clip which is rather funny. The guy had his camera on just at the right time & it featured in our national tabloid paper "The Sun".

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N7txcAn6jsQ

Plonkers!
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

14. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now that was funny. For once they were in the right spot at the right time.
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

16. The following user says "Thanks" to FTKServices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3