Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Spin Luck Wheel Assembly - Extra Lights?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Spin Luck Wheel Assembly - Extra Lights?

I could be off a bit - my Kanji is really rusty, but I thought that character translated as heaven or sky...which makes little sense. Perhaps they had a bunch of these stickers left over from another project?
    Stu www.animemecha.com
    Pachinko: Yamato CR1, Dai Yamato 2, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 2, Gatchaman
    Pachislo: Gundam II, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by StuTalon View Post
    I could be off a bit - my Kanji is really rusty, but I thought that character translated as heaven or sky...which makes little sense. Perhaps they had a bunch of these stickers left over from another project?
    I have no idea what I'm talking about, but when I came across that same character last night, I noticed that the length of the two horizontal lines were not the same as on the sticker. Again, I'm a freaking moron when it comes to Japanese, so I'm just guessing. I did think that there are really subtle differences in characters that look really alike but mean two different things.

Hey, it could be they were feeling mighty fine about putting Spin Luck machines together that day and wanted to express it. Although, the stickers do form a frowny-face, come to think of it.

I'm so confused. :confused:

You sell lights now!!!
    Former contestant on the Happy Smile Super Challenge Family Wish Show.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well I got home got out the Bulbs i have.. and sadly they are not the same kind... so so much for the experiment...

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    well I got home got out the Bulbs i have.. and sadly they are not the same kind... so so much for the experiment...
    I was going to simply take five of the seven and put them in the holes and see how they act. As a matter of fact, hold on a minute and I'll do just that and watch the attract mode...

brb

OK, here's the poop. They seem to behave in the attract mode like they belong (expect for one little exception). For testing, I used six bulbs and put them in the top three numbers on the wheel (50/200/30). The top three bulbs do their thing back and forth and at the end, after the top three flash simultaneously, the bottom three do the same thing and the attract sequence ends.

Second test, outer two numbers on each side (20/777 and 1000/50). Six bulbs again. The four top lights (end lights count as 'top' lights in this case) do their thing and at the end, it looks like the bottom light on the 1000 comes on at the same time as the top light, twice, but not so on the 777. Then the sequence ends like the first test, with the 'top' lights flashing at the same time and then the bottom lights do the same thing. The two end lights flash both as top and bottom lights.

Third test, all bottom lights. They only come on at the very end, except the light in the 1000. It comes on I think twice right before the very end, but the corresponding one in the 777 does not. Then they all do flash twice at the very end of the attract mode, including the two end lights.

Yeah, it would have been easier to take a movie, but I need to get ready to go out. I'm not even sure that made sense. Maybe someone else can try it and describe it better.

In any case, I'm going to get bulbs and put them in.

I must be bored. I can't believe I just sat there messing with this for half an hour EDIT: 45 minutes.
    Last edited by JohnnyG; 06-15-2007 at 05:54 PM.

5. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to JohnnyG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

were all a little bored and crazy
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

the character looks like the greater or higher character with a add stick to mean somthing slightly diffrent like slightly more light but im sure daverobs expertise will put us right when he stops by
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    were all a little bored and crazy
    Bored enough that I went and sat down in front of it again! I got a Spin Luck within two minutes, so I turned it off and put bulbs in the left four numbers and did the Spin Luck. All the lights come on at the beginning, but once you press the spin button, only the top lights 'rotate'. Wouldn't you know it, I got another Spin Luck while I was in the Extra Game. Woohoo! I turned it off and swapped the bulbs out to the right four numbers and used that spin too - same result - all lights until you press the Spin Luck button. No 7777 of course. It was a 77!

Anyway, I have to go this time... Have a good evening all.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to JohnnyG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Got home late and decided to spend a little time playing (45-50 minutes) before going to bed. I'm not sure what I was doing right, but the machine was in a really good mood. I always alternate stopping left to right and right to left, sometimes a few of one and then a few of the other. I always try to shoot the 7s when I go left to right and always try to shoot the double Spin Luck symbol on the right reel when going the other way. Anyway, within 15 minutes I had six Spin Lucks and had to use or lose (all on 50+3 credits). So I used them all in a row for a total of 227. In the Extra Game, it eventually gave me another Spin Luck and I spun for 50 more points (at 121 total now). Then, after a bunch of spins, I got the double white flashes and on the next spin got the breaking glass/malfunction routine and Big Bonus lit up (while still in an Extra Game). About four spins later the blue LEDs came on and then after 5 or 6 spins I got three 7s and went into the Bonus Game. Finished that quick and came back out to my Extra Game in progress. The tray is virtually overflowing by now! I was down to about 40 Target Points and then it flashed red when I spun the reels. Next spin the announcer called all three reels for me - on the left reel it gave me a (flashing) Spin Luck and awarded me another spin. Spun the wheel for 20 and finished out. I had to put tokens back into the hopper before this because it was almost empty (I only missed two announcer calls). Is it supposed to be this 'nice' with the odds set on 6? Has anyone ever gotten the Spin Luck on the left reel without it flashing red first?
    Last edited by JohnnyG; 06-16-2007 at 02:31 AM.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

machines will go through a dry spell then a real friendly patch but they even out befor long oy ujust lucky and in the friendly pach enjoy while you can
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

12. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324 View Post
    machines will go through a dry spell then a real friendly patch but they even out befor long oy ujust lucky and in the friendly pach enjoy while you can
    Believe me, I was enjoying it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Played for another hour and a half before actually going to bed last night (4AM) and I got three more Spin Lucks and another Bonus Game (the "Congratulations" variety). Wish I had that electronic thingamajig that you plug into it to keep stats because I'm not sure when I'm going to have a night like that again. Damn.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Japanse is a little rusty but I think the one on the left says something like "a wise man doesn't argue with Arby.
    Animal king Julie Terminator Super BlackJack New Terminator Top Gun Tomb Raider

16. The following user says "Thanks" to mrjimmy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No, we talked and that was what we as young bloods in the pachislo way thought, really no facts behind it. Amoung us the only Japanese we know was goodbye, and raw fish served.

It is nice to revist old thoughts and reproof them.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

18. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I accidentally found a little game shop in town that sells Pachislo machines. I got five bulbs from him and tested out the wheel. They work fine. Only problem is that the new bulbs are dim and must not be the same type, so I took them back out. I need to know what the small bulb is so I can order some. If someone would be kind enough to confirm what they are and where to get them, I would sure appreciate it.

Here's the pic for those who don't know what the small bulb looks like.

Bulbs

The bulbs I got today fit, but the actual bulb is taller. They are also half as bright, or worse, but at least they light up.

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JohnnyG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Someone has to know what the wheel bulbs are. Please?

EDIT: I can't believe that no one hasn't ever had to change one of these bulbs, nor are they some secret special bulbs that no one knows about.

arby?
    Gaku?
    otis51?

I was sure the man with the hat (arby) would know.
    Last edited by JohnnyG; 06-18-2007 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No I don't, I got mine put back in storage, behind a bunch of pachinkos.
    Did you look at one of the other bulbs in there to see what they were ?
    or buy the number of the ones that were not quite bright enough, and replace them all.
    That way you be covered both ways: they match and not as hot to hurt the disc.

If I had it out, that is what I would do.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

23. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee View Post
    No I don't, I got mine put back in storage, behind a bunch of pachinkos.
    Did you look at one of the other bulbs in there to see what they were ?
    or buy the number of the ones that were not quite bright enough, and replace them all.
    That way you be covered both ways: they match and not as hot to hurt the disc.

If I had it out, that is what I would do.
    Appreciate the response. Damn. Well, the dim ones are too dim, so the quest goes on. I mean, there's not a jillion kinds of bulbs, so I guess I'll just buy some and figure it out.

The other bulbs are the standard #400/T-10 if I'm not mistaken. The smaller ones may be #85/T-5. I'm not even sure if I said that right. Anyway, thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have you checked with Happ Controls to see if they have something matching?

Maybe its worth calling these guys, they sell Starpoint Products here in the US, They may have the the info on the exact bulbs used.

http://www.gamingstuff.com/game_1fd.asp

I know what your going through it took me sometime to find the right bulb Size and Voltage for the Electron scorboard

I wound up buying 3 different bulbs in sets of 24 untill I got the right one.

I couldnt order just the 3 different bulbs to see which it was as there is a minimum for orders of small bulbs like that. So it wasnt cheap.
    Led Zepplin

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Have you checked with Happ Controls to see if they have something matching?

Maybe its worth calling these guys, they sell Starpoint Products here in the US, They may have the the info on the exact bulbs used.

http://www.gamingstuff.com/game_1fd.asp

I know what your going through it took me sometime to find the right bulb Size and Voltage for the Electron scorboard

I wound up buying 3 different bulbs in sets of 24 untill I got the right one.

I couldnt order just the 3 different bulbs to see which it was as there is a minimum for orders of small bulbs like that. So it wasnt cheap.
    Yep, it crossed my mind today to contact them, so I will shoot them an email. Out of curiosity, the wheel they show on their site is for another game, and I'd be curious as to which other games have one.

I'm going to order some bulbs if I can't get any reply from them, just like you did. I'll find them eventually.

EDIT: I just sent email to the three US addresses listed on their site.

EDIT: There's a Spare Parts phone number on the site. I'll call it tomorrow.

866-736-AESI (2374)
    Last edited by JohnnyG; 06-18-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I received a response from someone at gamingstuff.com. The lamps are T1.5, 5mm 1.5w (wedge base bulbs). They sent me a Word doc. If anyone wants a copy, let me know.

I'm going to start Googling.

29. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JohnnyG

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast