Thread: American IGT

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default American IGT

I need to replace the battery in my American IGT Slot. This is the battery that I purchased.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270129722622

Anyone know where I can find instructions on how to do this. Looks like I need to solder the battery in place. Is this straight forward or do I need to do something special?
    There's no need to fear....
    Pachislo: Speed Racer, King Camel, Beast Sapp, Sindbad Adventure, Death Valley.Pachinko: Popeye, Fever Kagetu, Fever Circus, Spiderman Neo American: Red,White,& Blue Deluxe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: American IGT

Its straight forward but you will need to Master reset the games afterwards.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Chris... How do you do a "master reset"? And what is the best way to get the old battery off?
    Pachislo: Speed Racer, King Camel, Beast Sapp, Sindbad Adventure, Death Valley.Pachinko: Popeye, Fever Kagetu, Fever Circus, Spiderman Neo American: Red,White,& Blue Deluxe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm guessing you have an IGT s+. If yes you need clear chips to Ram clear (master reset) the game. you remove the eproms and replace them with the clear chips. power up the game. then power it back off and replace the chips. set what ever options you set. heat up the solder from underneath and pull the old battery out. Its easy. do you have clear chips??
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are you kidding... What are clear chips? This is all foreign to me! Sounds like I might need to make contact with the person I got this from and seek out help.

I was hoping this would be simple. Sounds complex and confusing to me!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the chips are reginal. For example vegas uses one chip NJ uses another Delaware is a lottery so it uses a different chip. depending on what mains your board has thats the ver. clear chip you need. I'm not sure what mains would be used for a home game. Check with Eddie he has an IGT S+ so he might have the clear chips. there are no S+'s anymore here in delaware so I wouldn't be able to get you any. I'm still trying to get a coin optics board for Eddie but S+ parts are hard to get. Check with who you bought it from. You should have your own set because you will need them for any type of Ram failure. I'll check with the IGT tech on duty and see if he has any advice.

Ok. the IGT tech said that there might be back up memory and you should not need to do a master reset. He said you might get a 61 code that will clear out by opening and closing the door. you still should get a clear chip it good to have.
    Last edited by Chrisdice; 06-10-2007 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Chris!!!

I will check with the person I got this from. He should be able to help me out. I am glad I posted before I tried doing this blind and really screwing something up.

I appreciate your help!

Will these work? Or should I see if the guy I got the machine from has the right ones?

http://cgi.ebay.com/IGT-S-Ram-clear-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by H20Dreams; 06-10-2007 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by H20Dreams View Post
    Thanks Chris!!!

I
    Will these work? Or should I see if the guy I got the machine from has the right ones?

http://cgi.ebay.com/IGT-S-Ram-clear-...QQcmdZViewItem
    It depends on the chip version your running. it looks like it should. To bad you didn't have a Bally S6000 I could get you almost anything for that.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdice View Post
    I'm still trying to get a coin optics board for Eddie but S+ parts are hard to get
    Thx butno need to keep looking. I bought a new CC16 coin op board and the problem was solved!

Quote Originally Posted by H20Dreams View Post
    Thanks Chris!!!

I will check with the person I got this from. He should be able to help me out. I am glad I posted before I tried doing this blind and really screwing something up.

I appreciate your help!

https://cgi.ebay.com/IGT-S-Ram-clear...QQcmdZViewItem

If you need any info at all as to clear chips and how to install and use them or any American Slot Info go to http://newlifegames.net/techforum/

For parts Fannini slots is a great vendor. http://www.fanninislots.com/servlet/StoreFront
    Last edited by arbycoffee; 06-11-2007 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Led Zepplin

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Eddie!! I appreciate the links!