Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New member, vintage pachinko and some wiring questions.

Paul

Default New member, vintage pachinko and some wiring questions.

Searching for info, I came across this great site and I hope you guys can help me. I have an old Nishijin Sophia Pachinko game from the 70's. It is in perfect condition and everything works as it should. My dad bought it in the early 80's and it has stayed in a clean environment the whole time and was also cleaned regularly.
    The machine has three lights and it is set up for 10v. I have decided to try to convert the machine to 110v household current and just replaced all of the wiring and re-soldered all the connections. I am going to have to replace the bulbs as they are original and no longer work.
    That leads me to my questions. Can I replace the bulbs with something like flashlight bulbs (which I believe are around 4.6v) or do you have a better solution. I was also told that a standard 9v AC or DC adapter @ 500ma will work.
    Basically, I am just trying to get the lights to work when I plug it in the wall outlet. I see many machine vintage machines for sale that were rewired for household current so I know it can be done.
    Can any one help?
    Thanks,
    Paul

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Paul,

The easiest way to convert it to work with 110V is to get a 110V AC to 10V DC converter. I should be rated at at least one amp (1000 ma). 9 or 11 volt converters would work as well (light bulbs aren't that picky :-) ).

It doesn't matter which side the + and - go.

As far as bulbs go, Radio Shack and a lot of hardware stores (REAL ones, not Home Depot) sell different size and voltage bulbs. You should be able to find ones that fit the sockets in your machine, and not have to resort to soldering them.

You may want to rub some very fine grit sandpaper over the switch contacts as well.

Just so you know, most likely your machine only lights up when the reward ball hopper is empty or when you hey a reward pocket.

feel free to shout if you have any other questions.

Dave

Paul

Thanks for the speedy reply Dave. I really appreciate the info. Good idea about the lightly sanding the contacts as well. I figured the lights only worked on those occasions you mentioned, but I figured that since the machine itself was in such great shape, I might as well have it functioning 100%.

My next venture is to get a new Pachinko machine. There are so many to choose from that's it's a bit overwhelming, but I like the ones with the slots.

Well, off to Radio Shack. Thanks again for all of your help.
    Paul

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    My next venture is to get a new Pachinko machine. There are so many to choose from that's it's a bit overwhelming, but I like the ones with the slots.

Paul

Looks like Pachinkos are going to be the next big thing. Paul be sure to grab a newer LCD one and you will be elated with it !

Paul

Azlew,
    I was actually thinking about getting the Red Dragon one. From the research I have done and the info posted in these forums, that game seems to be well liked.

I would eventually like to have 3 or 4 of them so I will get one with an lcd screen somewhere along the line.

Anyway, thanks for your help,
    Paul

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Azlew,
    I was actually thinking about getting the Red Dragon one. From the research I have done and the info posted in these forums, that game seems to be well liked.

I would eventually like to have 3 or 4 of them so I will get one with an lcd screen somewhere along the line.

Anyway, thanks for your help,
    Paul
    You can't go wrong with Red Dragon one either based on the reviews !! Let us know when you get it !!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Azlew,
    While it is the only modern pachinko machine I own, I really like Dragon Chance (also known as Red Dragon).

After owning it for about a month, I am still seeing new "tease" sequences...

Dave

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I bought one, can't wait till SlotUSA sent it,
    It looks to be very fun.

"an inquiring mind needs to know or he will wet his pants"

Lew got the box of Girly, I mean GameRoom Magazines.
    Thank you
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee
    I bought one, can't wait till SlotUSA sent it,
    It looks to be very fun.

"an inquiring mind needs to know or he will wet his pants"

Lew got the box of Girly, I mean GameRoom Magazines.
    Thank you

No problem....my pleasure !

Paul

OK, I took the plunge and bought the Red Dragon game today and will have it sometime next week. I appreciate all of your help guys in helping make that decision. Really, for $170 it's hard to go wrong with these games especially compared to other suitable games for a game room. Of course my wife will not see it that way especially 3 weeks before Christmas. I will tell her that I didn't want her to have to go out in all the traffic and buy something for me so I did it myself. I will finish that conversation with, "I was just thinking of you honey, that's all" :wink:

Paul

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Of course my wife will not see it that way especially 3 weeks before Christmas. I will tell her that I didn't want her to have to go out in all the traffic and buy something for me so I did it myself. I will finish that conversation with, "I was just thinking of you honey, that's all"
    Paul,

If your wife is like mine, and a lot of other board member's wives as well, you will find out the SHE will play the machine more than you will!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Paul, I am going to use that line on my wife, if it doesn't work, I will have to come live with you guys :cry:

But I got over a 100 Pachi-slo's and 6 Pachinko's
    plus a bunch of american machines. You got room ?

Oh I snore a lot too, and I walk around in my tighty whities scratch myÂ… well you know what I mean. So Is it a GOOD LINE, "an inquiring mind needs to know or he will wet his pants"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

With that many machines... and she hasn't kicked you out yet... I'd say you're pretty safe.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Because I lay my head on her bossum and look at her with my puppy dog eyes.

That gets them every time

And if that don't I do summer salts

WoW Â… Â… Mom Â… Â… WoW Â… Â… MoM Â… Â…

Paul

WARNING:

The words, "I was just thinking of you honey, that's all" DO NOT WORK. Do not try this at home as you will be laughed at and forced to buy diamonds to make up for that lame excuse. So, a $200 pachinko machine will now cost a total of $1,200, (including earing's).

Moral of this story....tell the truth. When my wife sees the next game arrive at the door I will simply say, "honey, a recent unpublished medical report stated that playing Pachinko actually reduces the risk of a heart attack and helps sustain sexual performance in bed", (then I will tilt my head to side a little and continue with, "I did this for us, baby"

Paul

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"I did this for us, baby"
    At which point my Wife bursts into laughter, and all is happy in Pachi-Land.... :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

very COOL

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My wife would say, (remember she was a Merchent Marine for 20 years).

" you and what little blue pill you white bellied land lover"

Than I use them puppy dog eyes :roll:

Than she gives my a bear hug and carries me to bed!

Paul

"Than she gives my a bear hug and carries me to bed!" :lol:

By the way, I forgot to follow up on the original point of this thread which was how to get my lights working on my vintage Nishijin Super DX. OK, here is what I did. I went to Radio shack and and bought 7.5v flash light bulbs. I also bought a 9v 800ma AC adapter and also a wire that connects to a 9v battery.

First thing I did was replace the bulbs, (the machine only has 3). Next, I took apart one of my sons toys that he didn't play with anymore and took out the part that the 9v adapter plugs into. I soldered some wires on it and hooked it up to the machine. Plugged it in and it worked great.

I bought the wires for battery hook up in case the AC adapter didn't work or to make the machine portable so I could play it on a plane when I travel. :wink:

Anyway, it's working 100% now. Thanks for your help.
    Paul

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Paul,

Glad everything worked out for you!

Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast