Thread: Satomi Super Miracle Arepachie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Satomi Super Miracle Arepachie

Well here is a review of my now finished Super Miracle hope you like.

The machine was Dirty lots of webs and dust in everything and some corrosion
    The Solenoids,Micro Switches,Ball paths etc were loaded with dirt and debris
    So off and apart came every component so that they could be completely cleaned.
    The wood interior got a clear satin latex Varnish. The outer case was painted Semi gloss Black. Now the case feels and smells new.

With everything off all of the old screws were replaced with new ones (There were a lot) and all of the mechanical mechanisims could be gone over and made to function like new
    Some things were jammed with the major troubles stemming from the Coin in Mech which was corroded and some parts bent askew
    There were also troubles with the (Coin diverter) for no better name. Its the large milk bottle shaped thing on the bottom right of the machine.
    Its a really odd device and im not sure what it completely does.
    It is a bottle but nothing seems to be able to enter it from the only opening in the top.
    It has a channel molded into the side not exposed in the pics where the coins fall through to the coin tray via a mechanical coin sorter under the coin payout device??? Did you get that LOL.

The channel is covered with just a clear mylar form that was tapped to the bottle and of course the tape was dried out so the coins just jammed between the mylar and the channel where the mylar lifted. After an hour of cleaning the bottle alone, I decided to mount the mylar with screws.
    With the screws the mylar is flush with the bottle and no more jams.

The wiring and electrics were all sound with just dirt and some contact corrosion. The use of Contact cleaner, Electronics cleaner and lube and some Formula 2001 for the wire insulation and the electrics are like new.
    The power cord was too short so a long one was added.
    The machine has 2 large transfomers to power everything and an On/ Off power box. All of which are mounted to a single wood board which is easy to remove.
    As for the Cell, it too was very dirty but I just received the Sankyo Cell Pica cleaner from Arby(Thx Arby) so it took a lot less time than normal to get it clean. maybe an 1 hour compared to about 4! I am anal remember.
    I did however still have to use Q tips Windex and Briilianeze for the really stubborn cell dirt and for fine detailing.
    Using the Pica cleaner will be much faster now that the machine is clean from years of neglect. Probably 15 mins tops.
    One thing that took some time working on was the coin tray. It is made completely out of unfinished steel?? Lots of corrosion and and was never painted.
    Its raw surface just didnt take to polishing by hand. I would have needed a buffing machine and a few hours to get it to be both smooth and shiney.
    It was probably meant to be chromed but the factory didnt want the extra cost. In the end I decided to clean it and sand it as good as possible and I sprayed it Blue.

The Red lower ball tray door is cracked at the bottom and the color is very faded its very drab. (Cant tell from the pics) Im thinking to repair the crack with fiberglass and painting the door over with a Fresh Red.

There was only one pane of window glass and it was made of Plexi all scratched and scraped and a large piece was broken off of one corner.
    The pics were taken with that in place the night before I picked up 2 pieces of real glass, hence the Cell appearing scratched in some shots.

With everything cleaned.polished adjusted.painted etc I now have a really nice addition to my Gameroom.

Playing the machine

Since I have only finished refubishing the machine this morn and played it for just about an hour This is the best info that I have.

Its Coin in Mech and ball fill is a very smooth operation
    The Coin Hopper is very large and holds an easy 100 tokens.
    The Light in the upper left remains lit continuously. (Normal?)
    There are 3 pockets in the Dragon/Dog? one for each ear and one on top of his head that each pays out a coin and lights his eyes.

There are ball replays given for getting a ball in each of the end pockets.
    Pocketing the balls there happens so often that you play much more than the given 16 balls.

Just as with the Electron the idea is to get a full row of lights in the Numbered board in the center of the cell.
    The only differences are that this machine pays on the Diagonal lines as well as the horizontal and Vertical and there are no extra coins payed out for combinations of rows.
    Unlike the Electron there does not appear to be a Jackpot bonus type feature.

The game does have a checkout button and game cancel button.

There are no Tulips in the game only pockets.

Some balls get stuck between 3 areas of pins so I will have to learn how to bend the nails properly. Other balls move them along if hit during play.

Its fun to play and I believe the Graphics are fantastic. they have a brilliant color and really have that late 60s early 70s acid rock look to it.

The coin pay solenoid really hits hard making a loud sound like a hammer hitting a steel plate LOL

All in All its another fine Arepachi very similar to the discription of the Electron only more colorful with less features and over engineered LOL

Attached to this and the following posts are the pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 16 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Satomi Super Miracle Arepachie

Final pics If wanted I will make a vid.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Led Zepplin

4. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Superb review Eddie & of course I would love to see a video of it in action
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Chris

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your videos are always welcome. You've got the beginings of a fine museum happening there.

Nicely done!
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to dishpan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One more point I was going to take pics of the entire machine with all of the seperate parts removed but it would have been too time consuming as it is I took a day off of work to refubish it as fast as I did so thats 3 straight days of work on it no breaks.

Oh yes the bulbs were all replaced with new ones which should be done with all vintage machines.

I will make a vid of it since you guys would like to see one. I still have tons of vids yet to be edited of different machines.
    Led Zepplin

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Amazing job, Eddie! Thanks for posting this.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wonderful as always Eddie!

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

These coin op pachinkos look like good fun. I think I need one

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They are most intriguing. I would love to have one for my collection as well.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa View Post
    They are most intriguing. I would love to have one for my collection as well.
    Just another reason to visit New York. you can come and try them out to see if you would really want to add one to your gameroom.
    Led Zepplin

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, I could come and visit my brother and try out a super game!

I really need to talk my wife into this...
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.