Thread: New to Pachinko and Pachitalk please help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New to Pachinko and Pachitalk please help

I agree with Lddrizzt on this one.

Before I found Pachitalk I was happy with one machine (Gladiators) from slot-pachinko.com and a wall mount from the place that Dr. Dark recomended. They lived together happily on my wall for 2 years.

But, now I want to swap them around on the wall and use seconds on desks or on the dining room table sometimes (or for trouble shooting).

The wall mounts that Dr. Dark and the first place you linked do not work well for swapping. The clearance is tight for a wall cleat and in the case of the place that Dr. Dark linked to seem to fall apart after a few swaps. I had the whole top rip off mine when I opened the door for the first time after I made a cleat for it. I had my arm in side and I caught it with my fore arm like a 100 pound bracelet. I had a bad bruise for weeks. They really need a horizontal beam to mount to, especially if you are putting a big box on top to hold more spheres. I tried to make a heavy duty cleat for it and had to remove the rear cover to make it fit. There was just not enough wood at the top to hold it to the wall and the cleat would have to be less than 2 inches deep the way that cabinette was designed (and be all the way at the top).

I tried to build a convertible case without feet and even with a 8 by 20.5 inch base it is still too front heav to stand. The slot-pachinko design is the way to go and the price is about right. I just wish he'd combine ship if you bought a pachinko at the same time.
    Last edited by imsimba; 06-04-2007 at 02:39 PM.
    Hakuma Mutata