Thread: New to Pachinko and Pachitalk please help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New to Pachinko and Pachitalk please help

Well Recentley my girlfriend and I were talking about some type of slot machine or pinball machine for our appartment. I am a huge Star Wars fan and while browsing Ebay I came across a Star Wars pachinko machine (red case). Well I thought this thing looked awsome so I did some research on what pachinko is and decided to get the machine. I am curentley waiting for it (very excited) to arrive and am really excited. Now last night in the wee hours I was surfing the net to find away to house this thing. As I only learned last night that they do not have a back to them. Upon doing this I came across this site and I'm very excited about my new machine and this site. I spent a few hours surfing the boards here and I found out so many things (ball feeders) and so on. Like I said before I am new to this so I'm sure about all of this stuff. So any advice or explanation anyone would like to give on these machine would be awsome. Lastly I found these two cabinets and I'm not sure which would be the better cabinet. I am handdy and would love to make my own but due to lack of tools this is not an option right now. So I was hoping the members of Pachitalk could help me decided on the a cabbinet to house my machine. Here is one that im considering
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9877&rd=1&rd=1

Here is the second
    http://www.slot-pachinko.com/CABINET.HTM

I am still undecided about wall mount Vs. table top but this is where I am at and I do not want to make the wrong choice. Thank you all for any advice and I'm glad to have found this site and become a member.
    Last edited by arbycoffee; 06-04-2007 at 08:44 AM.

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to shaakti1980

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to PachiTalk!!

Firstly, you have made two excellent decisions!!

Star Wars is an Awesome Pachinko and PachiTalk is THE place to be for all your Pachi questions, advice on life, and other things

A wall mount cabinet would be good to have, although a Pachinko can be quite happily played on it's wooden feet, if yours doesn't come with any they are simple to make and attach...

All but one of my Pachinkos are played this way, my Star Wars is in a home made wall mount cabinet - indeed if you wish to make your own, there are lots of Designs and pics on this Site which you can find by using the Search Function

Last edited by hanabi; 06-03-2007 at 12:27 PM.
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New to Pachinko and Pachitalk please help

Welcome to PachiTalk shaakti1980. A couple hours is no where nearly enough time to absorb all the information available here. Also there seems to be as many ideas as to cabinet design as there are members here. I've built my own so as to get them just the way I want. You need to consider some kind of funnel at the top and perhaps storage there for more spheres. Whether you're going to wall mount or have your machine free standing may help to decide also. of the two you showed I would prefer the 2nd but I'm sure you'll get many more opinions here. Try the search function at the top of the page to narrow down some of the previous posts on this subject.
    Never met a Pachi I didn't like!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome...

1st - Red text on the gray background is really tough to read.

2nd - You can't make a wrong choice as it's an individual choice based on your preference. A lot of people like cabinets and mount their machines on their walls. I prefer them free standing for ease of moving them around.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry about the red text.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To our little slice of imported happiness!

Of the two cabinets you linked to, I would go with the second one. The first looks like it would be a pain to get to your spent balls to return them to the hopper.
    The second one has a section below the machine to put a tray to catch balls and it looks like it has a funnel type system at the top. Also it can set on a stand or be mounted to a wall.

Personally like Tulsa I do not put my machines in cabinets.

Also have you read through the first section on the main page at the top titled "So You're New To Pachis" It goes over alot of the basics, and will answer alot of questions if you are new to the hobby.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

. I have all of my machine in cabinets. You really want one the brings the spent balls forward so that you have easy access to them which makes it much easier to reload your hopper.

all of mine have been purchased from http://www.pachinkocabinets.net/

There are many threads on these cabinets and the company.

Again... Welcome to PachiTalk
    There's no need to fear....
    Pachislo: Speed Racer, King Camel, Beast Sapp, Sindbad Adventure, Death Valley.Pachinko: Popeye, Fever Kagetu, Fever Circus, Spiderman Neo American: Red,White,& Blue Deluxe

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the funny farm we call pachitalk where fun is the main part of the daily diet along with a side order of info on machanics electronics and a pudding of laughs with fellow people intrested in the same things
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome aboard & a great game to start with, the Star Wars was my first pachinko & I still love it
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!
    PACHISLO: POPEYE, SONIC LIVE, DRAGON DICE, RIO DE CARNIVAL, MU MU WORLD DX, KING CAMEL, SPIN LUCK, SUPER BLACKJACK, BETTY BOOP, SINDBAD ADVENTURE, TOP GUN, DEATH VALLEY, NEO ZETZ, YOSHIMUNE (x2), OSU BANCHO, SECRET TREASURE, DANCE MAN & BANG BANG DASH.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME ! ! !
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk!
    One thing to consider is mounting it in a bookcase if you have one that will accomodate it, either naturally or with shelf modification. It costs less and think it looks nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to RandomTask

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

W E L C O M E

You are a member of a new nation, Pachination

The concept of PachiTalk was to bring together anyone and everyone who has a passion for these amazing Japanese creations. Once you stepped through the doors at PachiTalk.com, you become part of the Pachination.
    You are no longer Japanese, American, English, Italian, German, etc. (If I missed you I am sorry). You are now considered a Pachinational, put that on an application! We are all one big entity amongst ourselves and our Pachis. Segregation is not our philosophy and the seperating of diffent cultures will not happen, we are one, under the Pachi Flag.

We are the United Nations of Pachiland...
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From one newby to another, I would wait on a cabinet for awhile. You will figure out what you want after you play for a bit. You can do fine with feet.

Here's the basics. You are trying to get balls into the start pocket or pockets . This will start the reels spinning and the object is to match the numbers like a slot machine. After you match 2 this starts a "reach" which sometimes starts a video sequence, if you match the third number this starts a "fever round" which opens more pockets or starts a video on the screen. The payouts increase during the fever. You will find all kinds of different scenes during fevers. I dont have a Star Wars so others will know more. You will need some type of volume controls because it will be REALLY LOUD even on low. I have used these L-pads, they work really well.
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=260-251

They do get a little warm after a couple of fevers. If you would like some simple pots (the blue ones) I have 2 you could have because I will wont need them. It would probaly cost a dollar or two to mail.
    Travis

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Travis

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!
    I have a dozen wall mount cabinets, all from: http://www.pachinkocabinets.net/
    Sometimes they are sloooooooooooooooooow to ship and the communications can be less than ideal but the wall mount cabinet they produce is great.
    Have fun!

22. The following user says "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with Lddrizzt on this one.

Before I found Pachitalk I was happy with one machine (Gladiators) from slot-pachinko.com and a wall mount from the place that Dr. Dark recomended. They lived together happily on my wall for 2 years.

But, now I want to swap them around on the wall and use seconds on desks or on the dining room table sometimes (or for trouble shooting).

The wall mounts that Dr. Dark and the first place you linked do not work well for swapping. The clearance is tight for a wall cleat and in the case of the place that Dr. Dark linked to seem to fall apart after a few swaps. I had the whole top rip off mine when I opened the door for the first time after I made a cleat for it. I had my arm in side and I caught it with my fore arm like a 100 pound bracelet. I had a bad bruise for weeks. They really need a horizontal beam to mount to, especially if you are putting a big box on top to hold more spheres. I tried to make a heavy duty cleat for it and had to remove the rear cover to make it fit. There was just not enough wood at the top to hold it to the wall and the cleat would have to be less than 2 inches deep the way that cabinette was designed (and be all the way at the top).

I tried to build a convertible case without feet and even with a 8 by 20.5 inch base it is still too front heav to stand. The slot-pachinko design is the way to go and the price is about right. I just wish he'd combine ship if you bought a pachinko at the same time.
    Last edited by imsimba; 06-04-2007 at 02:39 PM.
    Hakuma Mutata