Thread: Shooter not working on Jackie Chan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Shooter not working on Jackie Chan

The shooter on my Jackie Chan will not work. There is no connection when I touch the metal ring. I checked the back and the knob is turning the gears, the only wires (three different connections) coming from the shooter are free of damage and are connected. I switched out the dongle with one I know works. I opened up the ball tray and can move the hammer so nothing is blocking anything. It just seems like there is a short somewhere as the shooter is not even responding to the knob being turned and the connection with the metal ring made. What other wires or things should I look for?
    ~Dave Cutie Honey Giant 7 Indy Neo Powerful Galaxy Rail Vicky Cindy Boy Janken Battle Jackie Chan Eva 2 & 3 Horror Mansion Cpt Herlock Yukemuri Kikou Yoon Sona Yellow Cab

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Shooter not working on Jackie Chan

try opening the glass and look for the latch to open the lower half of the front and check your wires there.

you could also try a hard reset.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

3. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hopefully you don't have to suffer like I did...

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19484
    Pachinko- Devilman Club, Devilman (2002), Mazinger Z, Cutey Honey, Golgo13 (x2) , Evangelion: Second Impact, Freddy vs. Jason, Inachu Ping Pong Club
    Pachislo- Devilman, Tomb Raider, Golgo13, Golgo13: The Professional

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not familiar with the Nishijin 'Storm' frame, so I'm not sure if this will be applicable, but it's worth checking to see if there are any error codes displayed or error LEDs lit on the payout control board.

If it is a problem with the dongle (or it's associated circuitry) then I would expect the to be an error indication somewhere on the payout control board. If this is the case, then you can rule out a dongle problem by looking for these error indicators and make sure that they change state between when a good working dongle is plugged in and when there is no dongle present.

It's also worth checking that the payout motor is working and dispensing balls correctly. On most machines the payout motor and the ball shooter hammer are powered using the same connections from the power supply. If both are not working then you might have a blown fuse or another power supply problem.

Also a good idea to check that the shooter disable button is not jammed, it might seem obvious, but these buttons can sometimes get sticky.

If all else fails, then you'll probably have to disassemble the control handle and check to make sure the mechanism is working and that there are no broken wires inside.

6. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dave said it all and I learned a thing or two also.

I am starting to wonder if Dave is not of this earth, but sent down from Pachi Heaven to lead us thro this pachi hell of machines not taken care of.

Naaaaa . . . .

He has areally big brain to hold all the infomation

All joking aside . . . . Thank you Dave for being here. As my buddy Spock woiuld say Live long and prosper
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

8. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the info guys... I will play with it today when it gets slow at work. I didn't see any error lights or codes... but I wasn't really looking for them the first run, just wires. Also, the ball stop button comes outta the machine when you turn the handle... and I checked that it does push in fine when protruding and does come out everytime the handle is turned. I will see if it pays out balls and check the fuses. Will update if I find something new... thanks again.
    ~Dave Cutie Honey Giant 7 Indy Neo Powerful Galaxy Rail Vicky Cindy Boy Janken Battle Jackie Chan Eva 2 & 3 Horror Mansion Cpt Herlock Yukemuri Kikou Yoon Sona Yellow Cab

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey guys, thanks for the help. I traced all the wires on the back. Found one that was actually just set in its connector, but not actually connected... it was connecting the shooter board (?) to the power board.

This can be closed now... thanks

11. The following user says "Thanks" to dhcloud