Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pachinko Palace sent a scratch & dent?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko Palace sent a scratch & dent?

A little late.......Update: Damaged Rio returned, replacement received last friday 5-4-07 (Summer Version instead of Joker Version that I wanted, 1st damaged 1 was Joker Version, last 1 they had).
    I'm beginning to believe that:
    #1) UPS DOESN'T CARE! Machine not shipping damaged, but box still had almost as much damage as the 1st 1!
    #2) I really wonder how much of the 1st 1 was damaged in shipping and/or how much of the damage was already on the machine before shipping?
    There is no way the key reset switch inside the door could have been damaged in shipping, the door remained shut, nothing could have touched it, but it was cracked in half! Other internal damage questionable!
    1 issue I have is: 1st machine had on the door, opening side, replacement chrome strip up and down the whole side!
    I asked Pachinko Palace (ERIC) about this and he said "he had no idea as they don't do that!"
    I told him I wasn't happy with the looks of it!
    Eric said: "I will personally go and pick the best machine for you!"
    If this is the best, i'd hate to see the worst!
    So what do they do: send me a replacement RIO that has replacement chrome strips on BOTH SIDES!
    You can clearly see the edges and the corners are peeling up already!
    The chrome is also extremely scratched all over the whole machine!
    By the spin knob there is 3 cracks in the chrome......this is by far the worst condition machine i have received out of 6........much to my surprise also as Death Valley i got from Pachinko Palace is in excellent shape, looks brand spankin new!
    I feel that I got a scratch & dent machine from them!
    I got it on e-bay for $200 shipped!
    Then again i got Death Valley on e-bay for $229.00 from them shipped and it's awesome!
    So my questions to the group are this: Did I get a scratch & dent from them?
    The belly glass, plastic over reels and LCD are ok, reels are ok, it works fine.
    Should I call Pachinko Palace and complain? or for $200 should i just live with the scratched/cracked/replaced chrome?
    Today 5-9-07 was the 1st day off that I had to really check the machine out!
    Between the 24 on 48 off for the Fire Dept. and 8-12 hour shifts for Gold Cross Ambulance on my off days, I have been quite a busy person!
    Thanks in advance for your input!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko Palace sent a scratch & dent?

I think you should contact them about this. If you are not happy you should not just live with it. We work hard for our money and expect to buy quality product, even if they are used. Why couldn't this machine be as nice as the Death Valley you received from them. Could it be that they did not get what they really wanted for it, so the heck with sending you a better one? Just my opinion.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to coronetgtx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry to hear about your machine. I would also go after them about the machine. Remember kindness kills, they may try to make up for this somehow since you were put out twice. Good Luck!

Custom Star Wars R2D2 Edition

5. The following user says "Thanks" to devospeed

Thanks
    Thanks Received

there was a thread here about the plastic tape applied to a number of machine and whether it should be removed or left in place. it appears to be factory installed. as to the cracks... send it back!

7. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I talked to Eric @ Pachinko Palace today and they are gonna send a call tag to pickup the 2nd damaged Rio and send me another 1!
    He wasn't very happy about it, said the 1st machine i sent back was in great shape, except for shipping damage, which can be easily fixed. I told him if i would have thought about it more we could have maybe saved on sending the 1st 1 back and they could have sent me the replacement parts. I told him to fix broken parts on 1st machine and send it back to me, as otherwise it was in good shape! The chrome replacement on the sides is done in Japan.
    Eric also went on about pachitalk and how "we are all crazy in our expectations, he used to go on here but got tired of all the vendor bashing and the high expectations we have on a $4000-$5000 machine that were buying for around 4% of that price"!
    Eric also stated that is "why Milt sold out, he was tired of all the BS and low to no profits".... Eric said: We (pachitalk) are going to put all the vendors out of business being in our pachi paradise of high expectations"!
    I could go on about his comments, but i wont!
    Well we will just hafto see how this turns out, if he fixes 1st machine and sends it back and hopefully it wont receive any shipping damage things would be great! If they send a different machine, well who knows as Eric said, "these 2 machines where in the best condition of all the Rio's they had"!
    I do agree they are in business to make a profit, but when they don't make enough profit don't take it out on the consumer because if you do you will lose business which in turn makes you lose more profit!
    I will post the results next week when the replacement machine arrives!
    Until then wish me luck!
    Thanks!

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to sparks911

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i think eric got booted off? rather than his version?

11. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lets have a pitty party for eric
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

we are the core of his businees and he bashes us?

we just tell it like it is, I don't expect a new machine at a used price.

just one that looks decent and plays right
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

15. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good Luck Sparks911! I hope everything works out for you. As for Eric bashing the customers and Pachitalk, not a bright thing to do!

Custom Star Wars R2D2 Edition

17. The following user says "Thanks" to devospeed

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have refused to purchase from him for years.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by birdbrain View Post
    i have refused to purchase from him for years.
    I will not be buying from them ever again!
    Not after todays conversation!

21. The following user says "Thanks" to sparks911

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The funny thing is, other then his e-bay descriptions, almost all of the comments here about PP and Eric are positive. Not a smart move to bash a group that supports you. I guess he would rather make a one time sale to the uneducated e-Bayer then to have constant repeat business.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Only man and rats will zhit in their nest and than lay in it

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Eric was not booted from here, his membership is still active. He's obviously lost in a fairytale world to make reference to these being $4000 to $5000 machines. It's not like we don't know what a container of them costs...
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdice View Post
    The funny thing is, other then his e-bay descriptions, almost all of the comments here about PP and Eric are positive. Not a smart move to bash a group that supports you. I guess he would rather make a one time sale to the uneducated e-Bayer then to have constant repeat business.
    The above is true or I would have never purchased from them in the 1st place if it weren't!
    I told Eric that I have praised them on here, my dealings with them have been 1st Death Valley, Awesome, looks Brand Spankin New!
    No shipping damage, scratches anywhere or anything.
    Fast Shipping...etc...
    I made sure to relay this positive experience to the group!
    Also why I decided to purchase from them again!
    Not his fault both machines damaged in shipping!
    I told Eric UPS don't care, he stated they don't care because they hate to handle large heavy packages that can't be machine sorted and hafto be handled by personnel that toss them around!
    1st machine could have been repaired without sending it back, them sending replacement parts to fix it would have been fine, I didn't think of this until after the fact as Eric sidetracked me and right away he wanted it back to send me a new one without even stopping to consider the other options! I feel he was upset that there was a problem and just wanted to get me off the phone! I also feel he sent me a scratch & dent for the 2nd machine (alot of scratches all over the chrome) that also received shipping damage! The shipping box looks as if it has been dropped several times, the chrome around the spin knob has 3 cracks as if it was sharply hit in towards the machine, the reels are lopsided, appears to be that the case is out of square from being dropped! Machine functions ok, but looks like junk with the cracks, reels lopsided and majorly scratched chrome!
    I told Eric to fix broken parts on 1st machine and send it back to me, as otherwise it was in good shape! Eric said if they still have it in the warehouse and wasn't sold already he will do that!
    Otherwise as Eric said those are the best 2 he had in stock what kinda junk will he send me next?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like he is taking out the shipping costs X4 on you. He definitely has made no money on this sale.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sparks... How did PachiTalk come up in the conversation?
    I'm curious... Did you try to use this forum as leverage, or something?

And Eric... the only thing I've EVER seen here about your company that could be considered close to bashing are the flat out LIES that you allow into your ads. You never heeded suggestions to change them into accurate descriptions, you just let it go on. And you blame your copywriter. Is HE in charge there? No... I think the 'bottom line' is in charge, and that is why they lying continues. You allow it. It's the PT Barnum method... some sucker will believe it.

I also haven't bought a thing from them in years, and exactly because of that reason. That, and the rudeness of certain people on their staff on the phone who think they are the highest and mightiest... and their 'take it or leave it' sales attitude. I finally ended up leaving it... for good!
    When you talk with Eric, he makes you feel like he's going out of his way to do something for you... he always 'picks one out personally' to make you feel good about it, then usually sends anything. Most believe that they DO receive the 'best there was in stock'. It's an old game... just like deceptive advertising.

SO... as long as we've been accused of bashing... there ya go!
    Wouldn't want to make you feel like you've been lying.

OH... AND Eric... How nice of you to speak for Milt. I'm sure he really appreciates THAT.
    Say... YOU guys have a 'lifetime warranty', too... right?

There ARE vendors who give a damn about their customers and product. There ARE vendors who will listen to suggestions on how to improve, and are willing to accept constructive feedback... and can handle it. There ARE vendors who consider public forums and their ability to influence the buying public.

SO... Long live PachiTalk!
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

31. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by logicprobe View Post
    Sparks... How did PachiTalk come up in the conversation?
    I'm curious... Did you try to use this forum as leverage, or something?
    No I didn't try to use the forum as leverage, 1st of all i didn't even know they knew Pachitalk existed.
    I believe what happened was i e-mailed them last night to give them the heads-up on 2nd machine getting shipping damage and all scratched up, in the e-mail i mentioned that i checked on pachitalk to see what the members thought about if i was being to picky or what you all thought I should do, return it, keep it, etc.... General consensus was to contact them! I also mentioned pachitalk so maybe they would come on here to get input from the cosumer (this large group of highly intellegent people) but i guess I should have known that anyone in the Pachi business already knows about Pachitalk!
    I now know they have been here and gone and are none to fond of the forum!
    The way he reacted about pachitalk I wish i had never even mentioned it, now he probably will send me a real piece of crud!
    Sorry if i caused any problems!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

for a long time he was one that was close to the top runger, but never quite there.
    Now he is a bottom runger With CFI in play and he is kicking out.

In lay terms, he become a loser

34. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have only one machine from them (Super Bingo) that I got back in February and would never buy another. I got a decent deal (about $180 shipped), but the machine was in horrible condition when I received it. It was extremely scratched, so dirty that the glass over the reels was almost yellowed, and many lights were out as received. Only one reel bulb worked, the other positions on all the reels were burned out, and the bulbs that light up '1st reel', '2nd reel' and '3rd reel' just above the stop buttons were also burned out.
    After a thorough cleaning and replacing 8-10 bulbs, the machine is OK, but still heavily scratched. I didn't complain, but compared the the near-mint machines I have from Gaku and the now gone pachislo.com I am in no hurry to spend more money with Pachinko Palace.

If Eric really did say we have 'unrealistic expectations' about quality, then maybe he should consider selling used cars.... there he might actually get away with selling a $200 car for the $4000-5000 jewel is 'rightly is' :lmao:
    Pachislo: Super Bingo, Neo Magic Pulsar, Dynamite Wave
    Pachinko: Star Wars

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast