Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Panchinko - Are they better now?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Panchinko - Are they better now?

I, too sniped a Super Stadium from them last night for $38 and change, a little better than Tulsa. I will also keep people informed about the quality, etc. It's my first pachinko, and I am counting the hours until I get it and try it out. I cant wait!
    Pachislo: CC Angel, King Camel, MuMu World DX, Marine Carnival, Double Challenge, Savannah Park, Don Chan, Spin Luck #000256, Aladdin II Evolution
    Pachinko: Super Stadium

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to jetedrow

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I received my third machine - Star Wars, from CF Exports on Monday. A rundown of the experience:

Speed of shipping
    A+, received machine 1 week after payment from CA to MA. The first machine I got from them took almost 3 weeks. The second took 1 week. One week is fast.

Communication
    D+, this is an improvement from the F I would have given before. Zero communication from the warehouse, no tracking number, no idea if/when it shipped, no response to email I sent to Tom after the purchase. But I do give the folks in Japan points for giving immediate positive feedback on ebay - at least I knew they received payment. Overall an improvement since my last purchase. But how hard would it be to implement an automated email system where they at least notify you when it ships? They don't push THAT many machines out these days. This should be easy to improve.

Packaging
    B+, this is the first I've received from them since they started shipping sideways. I like the concept - less chance for a box to get shoved and knocked over....lower center of gravity. The box itself is very sturdy - the thick stuff that Gaku used at one time, and stapled, not taped. The box is smaller - it's not just a regular size pachi box laid on it's side. The glass side was protected very well - bubble wrap, cardboard and full peanut bags taped to the wrapped machine. The backside had bubble wrap only. Two screws were used to hold the transformer - it did not come off though. A few balls broke loose from the ball package. The box had a couple minor dents and a small hole that almost punched through. There was zero damage to the machine from shipping, but I'd like to see more cushioning on the top/bottom of the box. There is only the sides of the frame, with a couple layers of bubble wrap, lying directly against the top/bottom of the box. Overall I'd say the packaging has improved since my last purchase. If they simply put down 3 or 4 layers of bubble wrap on the bottom, that would be a major improvement.

Contents and overall machine cleanliness
    B+, keeping in mind, cleanliness is somewhat subjective. I've never been lucky enough to get an "Arby" so all I can compare is with most of the other vendors out there. It’s on par with pachis I’ve received from CF before as well as others. At first glance, it looked pretty clean and sparkling. There were a couple light marks on the white Lumina frame that came off with a little cleaner and rubbing. Upon closer look, I found the usual dirt in the ball tracks and in some harder to get areas…some of shiny parts in the cell needed some wiping...all no big deal to me. I got it cheap, for $100, so I don’t have a problem spending another half an hour polishing it up.
    The wood frame is tight and in excellent shape. Everything appears to be working perfectly. R2 seems happy. All lights work. None of the odd LCD issues I’ve read about here.
    CF is still using tiny 4A transformers. I replaced it with a 7A before I launched a single ball. If that's what they are going to put in there, I'd rather they leave it out, discount the shipping by a few bucks and save me the trouble of taking the old one out. It also came with feet. I mounted it in a cabinet last night so I took them off easily with no damage to the frame.
    The balls were clean and shiny although way too few for people that don’t have a stockpile already.
    No tray of any kind was included.
    Instructions….who needs instructions? The one sheet they include is useless for newbies – that’s IF they can even translate it.

As long as the prices stay in this range and they at least keep up with their current standards, I’ll keep buying from them.

4. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to fronzdan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update

I received my Yoshimune S 'Lovely' version 6 from Samuraislot.

Shipping:
    Item seemed to be packaged well. No double box, but they did wrap the machine in bubble wrap. I had a broken ash tray holder and a few loose wires but nothing to really complain about. It only took 3 business days to get to me.(Cali to Arizona shouldn't take long)

Machine:

Very clean no major scratches or broken plastic. Machine plays well with no problems. All lightbulbs are working and the LCD is crisp.

Overall I am very satisfied with my transaction and plan to buy a few more machines from him.

Scott~

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to fdeeznutz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by fdeeznutz View Post
    ..... It only took 3 business days to get to me.(Cali to Arizona shouldn't take long).....
    Overall I am very satisfied with my transaction and plan to buy a few more machines from him.

Scott~
    Thanks for the review Scott. Yep we have an advantage living here in Arizona as shipping to us from Cal is a short term adventure

I guess I better get my sniping finger ready also

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am pretty suprised to see you buy from such a place. I remember reading a thread that you said you only buy from reputable vendors and dont mind spending the extra money. I was looking for a pachinko but after reading the complaints on here I decided not to go with them because of what other members have said, no matter how good of a deal I could get. Should I not trust what most members have said about this company and just try my luck?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I made my purchase before I found Pachitalk. After reading up on the seller I was very nervous. I only paid around $50 for the machine. Some I see are selling for as little as 99 cents. At that price you really can't go wrong, unless they send absolute junk.

Quote Originally Posted by azlew View Post
    Thanks for the review Scott. Yep we have an advantage living here in Arizona as shipping to us from Cal is a short term adventure

I guess I better get my sniping finger ready also
    I am half tempted to make a road trip up to their warehouse and buy up as many as I can fit in my trailer.
    Last edited by fdeeznutz; 05-02-2007 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The following user says "Thanks" to fdeeznutz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Considering what other vendors are out there these guys are starting to look good. I think if you get the machine at a low price it's a good gamble. If it really is junk the parts alone are worth the money.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to johnnyabc

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by fronzdan View Post
    Saint Maria = good machine!

I paid more than 10 times that for mine and think it was worth it.
    I agree. Saint Maria is a very under rated game. Great classical music and very interactive. The lights behind the stained glass is a nice touch too. Its one game I not going to be parting with anytime soon.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sizzling7s View Post
    I am pretty suprised to see you buy from such a place. I remember reading a thread that you said you only buy from reputable vendors and dont mind spending the extra money. I was looking for a pachinko but after reading the complaints on here I decided not to go with them because of what other members have said, no matter how good of a deal I could get. Should I not trust what most members have said about this company and just try my luck?
    1. Sorry for trying to have an open mind. I'll work on fixing that.

2. In case you missed the intent, I'm taking one for the team to see if now they are better. See #1.

3. I'm buying a case as far as I'm concerned, so their lack of warranty and spheres isn't going to be an issue.

4. I still, regardless of how well this may be received, will not purchase something of great value from them. I generally don't just buy machines, I am more of a collector and as such am very picky about what machines I purchase. The machines I collect will all come from Arby, that has not and will not change.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sizzling7s View Post
    I'm hoping... that he was just going through a rough time. He's had all positive since April 15th. One of my friends at work bought a Pachislo and a Pachinko from him and will be getting them soon. I will report back when I hear the verdict from him.
    Just as a side note, I only have one of these machines and haven't seen anything to compare it to. I'm sure Tulsa would be a far greater judge than me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was just checking out the feedback of panchinko. Owennewton who is a member of pachitalk gave them a negative. The negative was kind of scary and posted below. The machine was cutiehoney. I know the video is hot but this is ridiculous. Maybe those 4 amp transformers can't handle the newer machines. The people who purchase should automatically replace the transformer with a higher amp one.

"the machine did not work and then it caught fire. worst seller on ebay"
    Last edited by johnnyabc; 05-04-2007 at 10:28 AM.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to johnnyabc

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyabc View Post
    I was just checking out the feedback of panchinko. Owennewton who is a member of pachitalk gave them a negative. The negative was kind of scary and posted below. The machine was cutiehoney. I know the video is hot but this is ridiculous. Maybe those 4 amp transformers can't handle the newer machines. The people who purchase should automatically replace the transformer with a higher amp one.

WOO HOOOO!

Burning Pachis of DEATH!

this one keeps getting better and better..

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I hope Tulsa doesn't get a burning pachi of death from them. His machine is suppose to arrive any day now. I am waiting for the review.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyabc View Post

That sounds quite scarry. I should probably get another transformer.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

there is no way a 4 amp transformer can over time handle that big LCD screen but i have a feeling that if it was instant it may have been more a wireing problem than the transformer eaither way realy not good
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Cutey Honey runs just fine on 4 amps, but, I don't leave it on when not playing.

and thats just 1 to 2 hours at a time.

I think his machine had other electricial issues,

thats why you should always check all wiring and connections before powering up a new machine!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

25. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey owennewton...come tell us what happened!

Kind of funny feedback there. One day he gave very positive feedback, then a day later calls them the worst seller on ebay....all just cuz his Cutie caught fire..lol.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wonder if that's covered under the warranty?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well my package arrived safely enough from CF today. While I have not opened it yet and have to mow the yard right now I will say I'll give them a A on the ship time as it's been a week and that I would call decent. The box is in fine shape, but what's inside?

More later and I'll take pics.

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

MOW THE LAWN! I'm eager to see! Even though it's not mine, The anticipation is killing me. Can't wait to hear your review Tulsa.

Happy Friday!
    Youngjedi

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast