Thread: another decent ebay vendor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default another decent ebay vendor

I just received my second macine from shopda, a Thunderbirds II. It arrived in excellent condition. I almost looks brand new. I couldnt find a scratch on it and it smells, well, "clean" inside. Not sure if this was an unused overstock or what. The only issue was the power supply, not the transformer, got knocked loose during shipping. this caused the reset key to jam. With a little help from Tom (different Tom, not panchinko Tom) I was able to get it working fine and he is even shipping me extra tokens for the trouble. I told him it wasnt necassary but he insisted. He has been the type of vendor that has taken time to call me to check up on my first machine from him, and answer every email in a timely fashion. He has even been looking for and updating me on personal requests. He did have a rough start as do many new ebay vendors that are trying to learn the ropes, but his current stats are good over the last 6 months, and his percentage is slowly climbing, except when the uneducated leave improper feedback that is. So far to me he has seemed very eager to build and take care of his customer base.
    While I am sure his low prices wont last forever, hopefully the quality of product and service does.
    Pachinko Captain Solo in the Cargo Bay

2. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to revmondo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: another decent ebay vendor

I saw that his feedback took a few hits awhile ago, but I've heard all positives about his service.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not sure what the deal is, but he didn't accept paypal on my auction but did give me a number to call and Tom took my CC over the phone and shipped my item that same day....

6. The following user says "Thanks" to scooby_doo_m2002

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got a Pachi from him Feb. 06 , got a fantastic deal still working ,Shipped fast http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1.../energetic.gif

8. The following user says "Thanks" to doug

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_doo_m2002 View Post
    Not sure what the deal is, but he didn't accept paypal on my auction but did give me a number to call and Tom took my CC over the phone and shipped my item that same day....
    It cost 3-4% a transaction to upgrade your Paypal account to take CC's. Then once you upgrade your charged that amount on all transaction weather there CC's or not. It sucks. I wish I didn't upgrade my account.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I refunded someone some money and they charged me for that. So I got to pay them twice without getting anything.

I made them roll my account back after doing that to me.

That is why I won't take a credit card purchase now.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa View Post
    I refunded someone some money and they charged me for that. So I got to pay them twice without getting anything.

I made them roll my account back after doing that to me.

I agree that the fees have gotten ridiculous, they really dont justify for the convenience. As long as I can pay by credit card I have recourse if things go wrong, so I dont blame anyone for no longer accepting paypal. I did remind him it was still listed in the verbage of his auctions, so hopefully he removes it.
    As far as selling goes, I hate having to use it, but most people dont seem to want to send money orders and I had a personal check bounce once that with all the bank fees escalated out of control. It was a $47 check, and it cost me the item, shipping $6, PLUS around $170 in bounced fees (their bounced check caused me to have a neg balance, which resulted in some of my checks bouncing, and a host of related issues). Now dealing with people on this site I would consider it, but on ebay? NO WAY.
    Pachinko Captain Solo in the Cargo Bay

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I used to get great deals from sellers who didn't take them...had time to do the money order stuff (figure an hour for the post office trip; for small town purchasers much less) and was willing to gamble. Local items work out if you bring the cash, but otherwise I had lots of problems (broken/unsent stuff), which explains why many of them wouldn't take PayPal to me.

PayPal credit card deals sell for more money, but save me time, and protect me (my card company protects me--not PayPal).

But I think if you have an exclusive item, no competitors, and a small margin, there may be no reason to take cards with PayPal and pay the fees. You just won't have as many sales--but the higher net margin may compensate!
    [D] means [developement] [doramatic] [demention] and [design]

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In noticing their fees for credit card transactions. If I took them for the auction site it would cost me money to do it.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/imag...507ce0ffbc.jpg

Since I put a flat 3% fee on the item, if it sells for $10, the .30 cents they charge flat just took that 3% and then I'd have to pay the 1.9% to 2.9% on top of that. Not to mention exchange rate fees and so on.

It's just not feasible for me to take credit card payed purchases and keep the auction site at the low fees everyone can sell for now.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa