Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The current state of Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: The current state of Pachinko

I was wondering about shipping. Would it even be feasable to consign a container and have everbody on pachitalk that wants a machine added to the shipment. Would it be much of a discount in shipping to do a bulk order like that as opossed to the one off shipping? Then we could have an big rig drop them off at Arbys house for Arbytizing. I would be willing to pay the difference in saved shipping to Arby for his efforts myself.
    Pachinko Captain Solo in the Cargo Bay

2. The following user says "Thanks" to revmondo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are a few Ultraman machines up on YJA right now. They are decently priced right now, but that's before paying to get them here.
    Pachinko- Devilman Club, Devilman (2002), Mazinger Z, Cutey Honey, Golgo13 (x2) , Evangelion: Second Impact, Freddy vs. Jason, Inachu Ping Pong Club
    Pachislo- Devilman, Tomb Raider, Golgo13, Golgo13: The Professional

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by revmondo View Post
    I was wondering about shipping. Would it even be feasable to consign a container and have everbody on pachitalk that wants a machine added to the shipment. Would it be much of a discount in shipping to do a bulk order like that as opossed to the one off shipping? Then we could have an big rig drop them off at Arbys house for Arbytizing. I would be willing to pay the difference in saved shipping to Arby for his efforts myself.
    Hmmm seems like we had a "same type" of a discussion like this many moons ago for pachislos.
    This actually does sound interesting tho....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a thought,

If everyone in the forum submitted 10 dollars, could we get a container of pachinkos sent to one of us and then pass them out? That way, everyone gets a pachinko or two for only ten bucks. (of course we would still have to clean and put a transformer in).
    Youngjedi

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: The current state of Pachinko

this has been discussed many times, the logistics are not feasable anyway

buying 500 machines, unloading 500 machines, storing 500 machines and finally deciding who gets what and shipping them or arranging pickup.

you would be better off with a group buy and seperate shipping from Gaku if he ever decides to start selling regular pachinkos.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

8. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was also skeptical of purchasing from pachinko/samurai but I have to say I have been fortunate thus far. The first machines I bought were from PP and were very nice and clean! As far as Pachinko/Samurai, they have lost it on communicatons with all aspects of the transactions but this year I have picked up Tekken,Di Yamato,Planett 999 and Ominusha all for around 40 to 50 bucks each. Compared to the pricing versus Pachinko Pallace and others you can beat it! Yeah you gotta get out the black sharpie and fix a couple of scratches and knock some dust off em' but I will be more than happy to do that than pay 175+ per machine from PP before shipping. From reading the recent feedback for Pach/Sam it looks I have been lucky but thats a chance I am willing to take for the $$.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post

buying 500 machines, unloading 500 machines, storing 500 machines and finally deciding who gets what and shipping them or arranging pickup.

you would be better off with a group buy and seperate shipping from Gaku if he ever decides to start selling regular pachinkos.

I agree that it would be a tuff "logistic" to figure out but an old saying comes to mind here : "Never say never". There be some young uns' in our midst that maybe could pull something off like this. So I will be the first to say that I would buy a bakers dozen or more to have arby refurb if all could be worked out in that there logistic type of way(price is right?)

Anyway I do agree fer shur that a group buy and individual shipping from Gaku would work because I have participated in that before here and it worked fantastic! I most certainly will put in a vote for that also!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok this is kinda irritating.
    I know Arby is not going to say anything, because he is a prince among men.
    So I am going to.

Why do you guys constantly volunteer Arby for things?
    "Lets have the Pachitalk convention at Arby's." Then start asking about what there is to do around there and about hotels. Start making plans. Etc. When he never agreed to everyone descending upon his doorstep all at once.

Now you want to drop off a container of 500 machines to his place to have him give them the magic Arby touch.

I don't know about you, but if someone dropped off a container of machines at my house and expected me to refurb them, I'd set the container on fire.

This is bull****. If you want an Arby machine, talk to him and get one. Don't expect to have him do up your container for you.
    Did you not see the list of things he does to a machine? The testing takes ten hours alone, everything else takes more time than that. Most likely about 24 hrs a machine total. Hmmmm about a year and a half to do a container. The man owns his own business, he does this in his spare time.

Bottom line... Quit trying to take advantage of a kindly gentleman and most of all quit volunteering Arby for stuff.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

12. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ditto

Arby has enough to do with all those cheerleaders lined up at his business
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

14. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lddrizzt
    I don't know about you, but if someone dropped off a container of machines at my house and expected me to refurb them, I'd set the container on fire.
    While I totally agree with you and will protect Arby to my dying day.. This line just had me rolling!
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lddrizzt View Post
    Bottom line... Quit trying to take advantage of a kindly gentleman and most of all quit volunteering Arby for stuff.
    Geez, wasnt try to piss anyone off. Actually I was saying I would pay the same amount for the machine as he charges now and let him make the extra money saved from shipping by us all ordering machines together instead of him having to pay so much to ship one at a time. I was trying to help and pay a compliment that what he does is worth more than he is making, its the shipping company making the lions share and he is doing all the work. I wouldnt send a container to his house and demand anything from him.

Arby, I sincerely hope I didnt offend you...
    Pachinko Captain Solo in the Cargo Bay

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to revmondo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

u know what kids after reading the past 15 posts on here........Hakuma Mutata if u dont know what thats means...watch Lion King again.

Maybe its that time of year. But lets not forget why each of us are here...because we like pachi and all things pachi. And Pachi brings happiness, thats why we all spend money(maybe too much) on this little hobby.. And honestly there was nothing to get upset about when u think about it, Arby is kind of a big deal here, from my first day on here for me he was refered to so much I didnt know Arby was even a person I thought it was a Pachinko model or slang for pachinko. "I want an Arby" All I know from arby is he a real nice guy that makes pachinko hella nice. There is more to everyone on here, Pachinko makes up a very small amount of my life but I like pachinko and nice people and thats why Pachitalk works.
    Pachislo: Fire Drift , NEO Pharaoh Zetz
    Pachinko: New Art Masterpiece , Julie The Pinball, Top Gun, Indiana Jones, Lassen, STAR WARS, na na na na na na na BATMAAAN

20. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to swissmr

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you've ever been to Arby's, it looks like he's already got a container worth there!!!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

22. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post

This might work better with a local group of people rather then the whole site. for example everyone in the area of NY to MD can get a group order together either a small container or a bulk order from a vendor. Most of us would have no problem installing a transformer and cleaning up there own games. There are sure enough of us in this area to at least consider it. I would be in for a few. I also have a big garage to store games.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2