Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The current state of Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation The current state of Pachinko

Let me start by saying: Yikes I'm a bit concerned with the state of pachinko/pachislo.
    Is it just me or is the state of buying pachi's in the states in some trouble. Yes there are other sellers, slotusa, valley gaming, new Stealth owner?,pachinko_palllace, ect.

But with Stealth and Syscom aka pachinko.com out of the picture CF/samurai/panchinko in a tail spin,(check their recent pages ebay feedback) and all this within the last handful of weeks ... that is a huge chunk of the Quality not to mention priced-right pachi market. I'm not trying to be a glass-half empty negative Nancy but I am comcerned.
    I'm not an elder of this site (someday) maybe this is a normal growing pain of our market.
    what are your thoughts?

p.s. also i didnt put Arby in the above group because he has a higher level of quality in my opinion and hes not going anywhere! right Arby?
    Pachislo: Fire Drift , NEO Pharaoh Zetz
    Pachinko: New Art Masterpiece , Julie The Pinball, Top Gun, Indiana Jones, Lassen, STAR WARS, na na na na na na na BATMAAAN

2. The following user says "Thanks" to swissmr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: The current state of Pachinko

From the looks of things I think we are going to see a large drop in pachi prices, then once that settles a huge markup. Last we are going to be introduced to a new type of Pachi Beast!
    PACHISLO: POPEYE, SONIC LIVE, DRAGON DICE, RIO DE CARNIVAL, MU MU WORLD DX, KING CAMEL, SPIN LUCK, SUPER BLACKJACK, BETTY BOOP, SINDBAD ADVENTURE, TOP GUN, DEATH VALLEY, NEO ZETZ, YOSHIMUNE (x2), OSU BANCHO, SECRET TREASURE, DANCE MAN & BANG BANG DASH.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

well the good news is i cant see eaither gaku or arby going anywhere to fast both carry a real diffrent product to those that have dissapeared
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gaku has been doing just about all wholesale, I hope Ebay works out for him

My motto is "BUY BUY BUY"
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

6. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i just put two and two together about the former seller pachinko.com url address that from the looks of whats there now was sold to a big-deal japanese company and looks like card gambling site.......they must have made quite some dough on that domain name......maybe enough to sell the company? just a thought. I've seen some single dumb names go for millions.
    Pachislo: Fire Drift , NEO Pharaoh Zetz
    Pachinko: New Art Masterpiece , Julie The Pinball, Top Gun, Indiana Jones, Lassen, STAR WARS, na na na na na na na BATMAAAN

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Syscom was never really a major player, they had the occasional good deal but mostly, they had those volume controls we love. Those volume controls are now being sold in our auction site by coronetgtx, so we've really not lost a lot there. Thanks coronetgtx for the site support!

Stealth is certainly more of a blow but mostly because Milt had a great customer ethic. That's what I see going away more than anything. The machine offerings weren't really any better than anyone else's. We still have Pachinko Pallace as a major player as they have been around a long time and DGI who is also selling pachinko as well. Both have shown they are willing to take care of the customer after the sale and deliver very clean machines. They actually prep them, what a concept! . Gaku is just now entering the market on fleabay and that will be interesting to watch unfold. A nicer and more honest guy than Gaku you are simply not going to find.

The CF Industries experiment is still out there, who knows, they may actually see this event and try to turn around their reputation to capitalize on it? There are also a number of smaller vendors that could take advantage of this as well. If they could cut their margins a bit to generate a customer base they could really clean up.

Truth being told, Pachinko is now more popular on this site than pachislo anyway. Stealth didn't deal in pachinko, they simply drop shipped now and again.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa View Post
    Truth being told, Pachinko is now more popular on this site than pachislo anyway. Stealth didn't deal in pachinko, they simply drop shipped now and again.
    I think the pachislot lovers are just keeping mum right now so they don't come face to face with the blaster!
    Dawn

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Life is really strange.
    I wonder if Sun Spots effect the pachinko/pachislo market too, for it sure gets the weather men/women on the weather channel going.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Arby, Why don't you sell on ebay? I don't see too many people in the east or midwest selling pachinkos. You can have free pickups. People from pachitalk who are local to you can purchase from you and make arrangements to pick up on a certain date and time of each month. Then you can have a mini pachi reunion from the people that come down to pick up their machines.
    Last edited by johnnyabc; 04-12-2007 at 10:47 AM.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

for teh simple reason ebay is expensive if you dot sell so you better off offering stuff up on pachitalk auctions and by word of mouth a good rep is always cheap to trade on
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyabc View Post
    Arby, Why don't you sell on ebay? I don't see too many people in the east or midwest selling pachinkos. You can have free pickups. People from pachitalk who are local to you can purchase from you and make arrangements to pick up on a certain date and time of each month. Then you can have a mini pachi reunion from the people that come down to pick up their machines.
    I can't compete with CF Ind. they could just give them away and they will still make money on them, from the recycling despoit on each machine by manufactor.

I just traded the new Gamers, for a Indy Jones and only lost about $200 dollars on the deal. I guest I should not say lost, I didn't hsve to trade, but I didn't want to set on it till it end up in storage wrapped up collecting dust.

We all know no one was going to pay my break even point of $435, that is just to get in here (postage, machine cost, agent fees, postage in country, packing & boxing materals).

With the Indy I casn do a cell change and the frame has a higher value and I have parts for a warenty.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee View Post

I just traded the new Gamers, for a Indy Jones and only lost about $200 dollars on the deal. I guest I should not say lost, I didn't hsve to trade, but I didn't want to set on it till it end up in storage wrapped up collecting dust.

We all know no one was going to pay my break even point of $435, that is just to get in here (postage, machine cost, agent fees, postage in country, packing & boxing materals).
    Gamers? If you mean Gamera (which you may not have) I would have paid $435 for the new Gamera...darn... or an Ultraman...
    Any chance you have a Star Trek you want to get rid of at that price?
    Ive been saving up for the next one and am ready.
    Pachinko Captain Solo in the Cargo Bay

18. The following user says "Thanks" to revmondo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by revmondo View Post
    Gamers? If you mean Gamera (which you may not have) I would have paid $435 for the new Gamera...darn... or an Ultraman...
    Any chance you have a Star Trek you want to get rid of at that price?
    Ive been saving up for the next one and am ready.

See that Arby, people want your machines. Can you list the ones you have and prices? Then you can set up auctions on Pachitalk. And then you can take over the world!

I was looking for the new Rambo you received a few days back. Trying to save up for that one and Star Trek to add to my little collection

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yeah, I got into this the wrong way, start off with Fleabay machines. I got lucky on some, burned on others. Quite honestly I have just been afraid to ask how much for an Arby machine. After hearing how much time he spends with them, and how perfect they are I just figured theres no way I could afford one.
    This site has educated me to the extent of the value of these machines, though. And I have stopped buying cheap and am saving up for something nice.
    I would actually like to know what Arby's prices would be on some of my most wanted pachinkos, and would like to at least know how much I have to save to get there.
    #1 Star Trek
    #2 Gamera
    #3 Godzilla
    #4 Ultraman
    Pachinko Captain Solo in the Cargo Bay

Thanks
    Thanks Received

that $435 was in the RAW state, no tranformer, no dongle, no key, no spit and polish job, no base, just the raw machine.

that means a machine as it would come out of the parlor.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee View Post
    that $435 was in the RAW state, no tranformer, no dongle, no key, no spit and polish job, no base, just the raw machine.

that means a machine as it would come out of the parlor.
    that Arby spit has to be worth it for any price!

23. The following user says "Thanks" to johnnyabc

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thats the big problem, if you have to bring the pachinkos in one at a time your cost is very high.

Arby does it because he loves pachinkos,

If I was his accountant I would tell him to get out of the pachinko business, unless he needs the tax writeoff
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

25. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by revmondo View Post
    yeah, I got into this the wrong way, start off with Fleabay machines. I got lucky on some, burned on others. Quite honestly I have just been afraid to ask how much for an Arby machine. After hearing how much time he spends with them, and how perfect they are I just figured theres no way I could afford one.
    This site has educated me to the extent of the value of these machines, though. And I have stopped buying cheap and am saving up for something nice.
    I would actually like to know what Arby's prices would be on some of my most wanted pachinkos, and would like to at least know how much I have to save to get there.
    #1 Star Trek
    #2 Gamera
    #3 Godzilla
    #4 Ultraman
    I don't think I be able to get another Gamera (turdle thing) at the price I did so I don't Know on it. I got the pachinko for about $80 dollars, the rest was all the cost added on to get it here.
    item 8500yen
    ship 2210yen
    agent fee 1000yen
    wrapping 2000yen
    Shipping from Japan to the US 32700yen
    agent fee 3270yen
    Total 49680yen

Godzilla no idea yet but the shipping to here is in the $350 range

Ultraman is the same.

Star Wars got one boxed and waiting all done cost $585 plus shipping

27. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyabc View Post
    that Arby spit has to be worth it for any price!
    my time and what i do is worth something isn't it ?

You asked, what I do to them.

Machine:
    Clean the inside and out side of the machine.
    Polish and buff the front of the machine.
    Take apart the reflectors and lens, clean them so the lights are brighter.
    Clean all the ball ways of the smoke tar that is on the inside of even the cleanest frame.
    Polish the cell with "Cell polish from Japan and designed for it".
    Check all connector and mating parts for alinement and seating.
    Add volume controls as needed.
    On loose glass machines add "two" new Plexiglas windows (the game looks, sounds and plays better).
    Replace the lock with one that is key matched, so it is easy to open the cell window and open machine from frame.
    Check the speakers for any damage, replace as needed.
    Check all boards on back to see that they are locked in place.
    Replace any burned out lights
    Add as needed a CR By-Pass connector (dongle).

Frame:
    Rebuild the frame replace the nails with drywall screws and grommet washers, also gluing and squaring as needed.
    Put the frame in a squaring gig and leave there till dry.
    Mount play platform made from 1 by 4 inch number #1 pine boards, recess the screws to protect where machine is set.
    Add & Mount a 6 AMP Transformer with Auto-reset able thermal cutout, made by Power Volt, Inc., an USA made designed to run 27/7.
    Add a three prong plug with ground and wire it up to transformer than machine, connect the ground system so it works.
    Add a key and manual on CD, And balls

Do a 10 hour run time to check all boards, transformer, ball configuration, lights and sound.
    Just before wrapping for shipping, re-polish full front than bag and wrap.

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Arby, I was joking around and commenting on just the word "spit". I never ever questioned the work you do on the machines. I know you work a lot on the machine and if you get an Arby machine is like getting the best. Nothing has to be done with it, just take it out of the box. Everything is in excellent condition. I am sorry if you took it the wrong way. I didn't mean for you to list everything you do on the machine. From all the reviews you can't buy better than one of your machines. Everyone on here knows that your machines are cleaned from top to bottom. I just liked the way you phrased it and was just commenting on the phrase of spit. Nothing was meant negatively. Again I apologize if you took it the wrong way. It wasn't meant bad.
    Last edited by johnnyabc; 04-12-2007 at 02:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast