Default Re: Major Info about Stealth

RATS thats all I have to say bout it
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Delgrieve View Post
    Sparks,
    I recall defending Stealth in one of your threads in which you were upset with service... Man do I feel like a chump. My apologies - I'm glad things seem to have worked for you. I will go stand in a corner now.

I was defending hi too.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    hmmm this is indeed an interesting situation..

without knowing Milt or the new guy and all i would think that there should have been was some sort of notification since Milt was a part of this board and a highly thought of seller on the board as well

I think a "Hey guys you know ive made a business decision to sell my company(he wouldnt have had to go into details as the reasons why he sold his business etc as they are none of our business) there will be a new owner.."

thats all it would have taken In my opinion..

I feel the same way Sid and depending on his sales agreement either he or the new owner is responsible for any warranties. It just depends on whether the new owner assumed all liabilities or not. If he didn't then Milt is still responsible so now you will see the true side of Milt.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to jc1444

Thanks
    Thanks Received

CF is really killing their compatition - say Standard Oil in the 1930s.

Milt Cohen went the way of Republic Ind. and AMERICAN SYSCOM, INC. and Robert at www.pachislousa.com all gone.

Some I didn't list for they were not in their class
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jc1444 View Post
    I feel the same way Sid and depending on his sales agreement either he or the new owner is responsible for any warranties. It just depends on whether the new owner assumed all liabilities or not. If he didn't then Milt is still responsible so now you will see the true side of Milt.
    There ya go!
    My thoughts, too.
    SOMEONE is responsible for prior liabilities... but unfortunately, a one person court case wouldn't be worth the trouble. Sure would make an interesting class action suit, though.
    Then again... the only ones that would 'win' would be the lawyers.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jc1444 View Post
    First, the new owner did not assume the warranties, I already stated that.

Second, the company that had the warranties does not exist anymore. As I stated earlier. The company had the warranties, not Milt. So at this point no one is responsible for them.
    Companies go out of business, it's a fact of life.

All you guys are bashing Milt, Why?
    Because your feelings are hurt, because he didn't let you know what he was going to do with his company?
    Maybe it was a business decision, maybe the new owner offered twice what it was worth.
    Maybe it was because of health reasons.
    We don't know.

The only facts we have is that the new owner is:
    1) not honoring warranties.
    2) obviously doesn't care as enough about the business to show up before 3PM.
    3) has shortened the warranty to 1 year.
    4) has raised every price on everything. Both on the website and ebay.
    and last but definitely not least,
    5) He is not supporting Pachitalk, He has removed the "Proud Pachitalk.com Member" banner from all of his ebay ads. Guess he is ashamed of us. I bet we don't get the discount on shipping anymore either.

So Milt is not the bad guy here. I am sure someday he will log back in as himself instead of Stealth and he will let us know what is what.
    Yes, many of us have stood up for Milt. That is nothing to be ashamed of, or something to take back. Milt has been a stand up guy, and I am glad that I defended him on a few occasions.

We know who the bad guy is, and why. Milt has been good to us, and in our eyes Stealth is not Stealth anymore. I think as Eddie put it. This is Stealth Lite.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The dark horsae here is CF Ind. for selling so cheap to kill off the rest.

I would have sunk even sooner than Milt, if I were not really making a living at other means (Male Gigilo for hire).

The warenties was with the company and it is now owned by another and "it does not wish to follow thru", so it to will die or become vALLY gAMING jr. and suck.

another sad day to mark in the calender

Remember, if you can't make a living in what you are doing, you than need to change what you are doing. Unless you work for the Government

11. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Bill Gates Strategy. Sell off really cheap in the beginning and kill the competition. Then raise the prices since you have a monopoly on it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't think anyone is bashing Milt.

The reasons Milt sold his company are his own, NONE OF OUR BUSINESS,

I think the only real issue is he could have just said something. a Good bye guys sort of thing. after all Pachitalk has been at least to my understanding a very positive influence on potential buyers for Stealth and a very loyal customer base, due to his stand up character.

Heck Milt has been one of the few sellers that have been Here! actually taking part as apposed to just showing up to sell.

Its just strikes me as odd that such a stand up guy as Milt couldn't just say a so long guys and thanks for all the fish...

as for the warranties i have no comment on this.

my 2 tokens!

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

14. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lddrizzt
    I received the board on Jan 13th. Put it in and no change. I sent Milt an email on the 14th letting him know that it was indeed the main board instead.
    I received no response. I emailed him again a couple weeks later from work.
    Even if he knew at this time he was selling out, it was still his company and he should have made this right.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyabc View Post
    The Bill Gates Strategy. Sell off really cheap in the beginning and kill the competition. Then raise the prices since you have a monopoly on it.

Standard Oil did it long before the upstart Bill G. way back in history in the late 1920s and 1930s selling gas

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All,

In response to Tulsa's comment "thumb your nose", that is a little harsh...I personally monitor the forum, and I still try to help where I can. There were terms in the deal that didn't allow me to disclose information. This was the new buyers terms in the legal documents and I hope you don't react negatively to me.

I tried to send a PM but it said I couldn't…no space in my account. What's up?

Milt

19. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Stealth

Thanks
    Thanks Received

empty you old ones in both folders your incomining and out goinging

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All,

You react without knowing the facts. There were terms in the deal that did not allow me to communicate the information with you in this public forum. My personal appologies, but that is business.

As far as the proud member logo being removed from the auctions, that was EBays doing, not mine or the new owners....they cancelled all the auctions with that in them as someone complained that it was a violation of their links policy. EBays doing...not my choice...

I am still involved with the company, but I don't make the policy decisions any more..I just offer suggestions and take care of some of the computer stuff.

Please don't bash me in this forum, I take it personally and all I have done is try to please everyone possible...

If there is anything I can do to help anyone, please let me know and I'll see what I can do....

I did have a few options for the business transition and I chose to take less on the sale as long as the business stayed in Rochester and I could help and watch it continue to grow. I know the new owner has good intentions and the support from this forum is appreciated.

Thanks again all and Please don't bash me anymore...(Tulsa...can I have my PM space back?)...Milt

22. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Stealth

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    All,

In response to Tulsa's comment "thumb your nose", that is a little harsh...I personally monitor the forum, and I still try to help where I can. There were terms in the deal that didn't allow me to disclose information. This was the new buyers terms in the legal documents and I hope you don't react negatively to me.

I tried to send a PM but it said I couldn't…no space in my account. What's up?

Milt
    Well if this is Milt and not the new owner, the "thumb your nose" was not directed at you it is directed at the person not honoring our warranties. If you are the new owner using Milt's login and you have no intention of honoring our warranties, then by all means, pound sand!

As far as the PM's go, you probably have reached your allowed limit. Delete a few.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We've discussed communication before on this forum and how a little goes a long way. Now that we have had a little from you, the speculation and assumptions will go away Thanks!
    Dawn

25. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Still me (Milt)...Must have been my proxy server at this location, I was getting error messages when trying to access the PM area...no problem now...

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And so it begins!
    I sent this e-mail the other day, shipping was more than products cost!

Can you ship Novus or token trays any other way like USPS?
    Fedex ground is expensive......
    1 Novis Plastic Polish #1 8 oz bottle $6.00
    1 Token or Pachinko ball tray $2.50
    Total: $8.50
    Fedex Ground shipping $10.00
    Fedex Shipping is $1.50 more than what the items cost!
    USPS Parcel Post would be around $4.36, even Priority Mail would only be around $5.15.....
    If you can ship USPS i would like to order 1 Novus #1 8oz and 1 Token Tray in Blue or Black with writing on it like the Lucky 8 in the picture!
    Also if you can do it please give me a total including S&H, minus $5.92 credit i have with you! (credit is from sending back old hot transformer)
    Thanks!

The reply:
    We do not have any token trays in stock that have the writing Lucky 8. Milt (the old owner) took that picture several months ago. We have a plain black tray in stock as well as pink and neon green. The shipping and handilng is $10.00 and we ship the token trays FedEx Ground.
    The toatl would be:
    (1) Novus #1 8 oz $6.00
    (1) token tray $2.50
    Shipping & Handling $10.00
    Less Credit -$5.92
    Total: $12.58
    Thanks,
    John
    PS Were you planning to purchase the stop button boards we sent pricing for on Monday 4/9/07? We are in the process of packing parts to be moved to our new location within the next week.

My reply back:
    Nope I am not interested in purchasing anything from you at this time!
    You can refund the $5.92 by check and mail it to me!
    I bought from Milt as he was a trusted vendor and fellow pachitalk.com member! Stealth to me is no longer Milt, so now you will hafto start out from scratch to gain our trust and prove your as honest and trustworthy as milt. Your not starting off very well with a huge previous customer base that now have invalid lifetime warranties!
    Milt also would have probably given a deal or worked it out somehow seeing as i wanted to purchase multiple items, 2 stop boards and 1 Novus, 1 Token Tray! It will be a cold day when i pay more for shipping than i did for the actual product purchased! You also could have given me a price for all 4 products that i was interested in and price shipped together!
    I also know that you can ship anyway you so choose, you used USPS Priority mail to send the Novus to fix the scratches on the previous purchased machines!
    I will be awaiting my refund check in the mail!
    Thanks!
    P.S. Marie your still awesome!

28. The following user says "Thanks" to sparks911

Thanks
    Thanks Received

. . . .

30. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sparks911 and all...please don't be so negative about John and the company. Give the guy a chance! You're knowledge and experience with various vendors and pachislos is very challenging to keep up with. I did the best I could balancing business, this forum, customer satisfaction and everything else. Without a doubt, I spent a ton of time with specific customers and lost money on deals knowing that if I didn't, I would get blasted on this forum....Call that the power of Pachitalk, call it customer service, call it me losing money on certain customers...call it whatever you want, it's ok! I publically and personally appoligize to everyone on this forum for not "fessing up"...BUT if you ever have done a major business transaction, there are certain things you can say and some things you cannot as part of the terms of the deal. I hope you all understand! If not, there is nothing more I can do about that. It is what it is. As for Stealth, I built it, and I built it's reputation. I had other offers to purchase the business, but I didn't want to move it from Rochester so I still had some (very minor) influence. I care about the business and it's reputation and I want it to grow. (I'm sure you parents understand what I mean)....so that being said, all I ask is give John a chance...if you don't get the response you are looking for when contacting John, give me a PM and I will try to assist. No guarantees, but I'll try. Remember though...John is a business man and he is not in business to lose money! I'll still do my best to assist when I can and I still love the product, monitor the forums and try to provide information when I can. I still have contacts and information from the industry...but I have to say that I learn more from this great forum then anyplace else....So..all that being said, sparks911, you are free to purchase from any one in the industry but I hope you will still keep Stealth in your favorites search and at least check on the options available at Stealth. You can always purchase elseware, but at least consider the company as an option. Hope this helps!!! Milt

32. The following 18 users say "Thanks" to Stealth

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast