Thread: Lord of the Rings questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Lord of the Rings questions

Hello all,

I have a few questions about my new LOTR pachinko - hope someone can help!

On the left hand side of the machine, there are four red 'rings'. I can't work out what they signify. They are not tied in to how many spins I have banked at all. Any ideas?

On the right hand side there is a red 'O' and a red 'X' which seem to flash from one to the other all the time - does anyone know what these mean?

Finally, I think someone has been fiddling with the nails! After many many games I don't think a single ball has gone into the side pockets. Does anyone have a picture showing the configuration that the nails should be in that area?

Great machine by the way!

Cheers - ZtH
    Pachinko: Be-bop High School, Lord of the Rings Pachislo: Sindbad Adventure Pinball: Theater of Magic, Twilight Zone, Hi-Lo Ace, Bride of Pinbot Jukebox: BalAMi I200M, Seeburg KD200 Allwin: Elevenses, Fill 'Em Up

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The nails are in the right places. They just have to be bent a little to "open up" the pockets a little more. There is no special configuration. How open the pockets are is up to the individual and personal taste.
    The four rings have been discussed before, can't remember what they are for, but feel free to use the search function at the top of the page.

Also have you read through the first section on the main page at the top titled "So You're New To Pachis" It goes over alot of the basics, and will answer alot of questions if you are new to the hobby.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Lord of the Rings questions

Thanks.

I have used the search function - used it before and didn't find the post you mention. I have done so now. I have also read the FAQ.

However nobody (on that post at least) really seems to know what the four rings on the left are for - they certainly aren't for the stacked spins. There is also no info about the ring with the -- or 00 over it on the screen (a question I forgot to ask!). I think I understand a little more about the O and X. The reason I asked about the nails is that they look OK - but the existing configuration is such that even by opening the nails a bit there seems to be very very little chance of the ball entering the pocket. I just wanted to check before I started madly bending! The side pockets on my other pachinko are much more accessible!

Thanks - ZtH
    Pachinko: Be-bop High School, Lord of the Rings Pachislo: Sindbad Adventure Pinball: Theater of Magic, Twilight Zone, Hi-Lo Ace, Bride of Pinbot Jukebox: BalAMi I200M, Seeburg KD200 Allwin: Elevenses, Fill 'Em Up

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The four rings and the X and O are the sub-roulette that controls the opening of the wings on the start pocket. There's a similar feature on most modern pachinkos.

If a ball goes throught the pass through pocket on the left of the LCD, then you get a 'spin' of the subroulette, these spins are banked by the rings (up to four spins). Each spin flashes between X and O for a few seconds, then if it ends on the right symbol (can't remember which one it is right now) then the start pocket wings flip open for a fraction of a second.

The two digit display shows different symbols depending on the type of fever round. Some parlours had rules that said that you must leave the machine and play another after certain types of fever round, and so these displays are only really of any use in those types of parlours.
    Last edited by daverob; 03-26-2007 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Brilliant! Thanks Daverob!