Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Lost

Does anyone watch this program? My wife and I tivo it and we watched the Wednesday episode this evening and I was just curious if anyone else here was into this show?
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Lost

Depends on what you mean by "in to". I've seen every episode so far, but I haven't memorized every script, examined any episode frame by frame, or contributed to the wiki (I'm sure there's a wiki somewhere).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't get to watch much TV. I do catch southpark and that 70's show from time to time and love when I catch king of queens but that's about it.
    PACHISLO: POPEYE, SONIC LIVE, DRAGON DICE, RIO DE CARNIVAL, MU MU WORLD DX, KING CAMEL, SPIN LUCK, SUPER BLACKJACK, BETTY BOOP, SINDBAD ADVENTURE, TOP GUN, DEATH VALLEY, NEO ZETZ, YOSHIMUNE (x2), OSU BANCHO, SECRET TREASURE, DANCE MAN & BANG BANG DASH.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Trey314159 View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "in to". I've seen every episode so far, but I haven't memorized every script, examined any episode frame by frame, or contributed to the wiki (I'm sure there's a wiki somewhere).
    "In to" as in enjoy watching it. Not necessarily to be confused with some freakin wacko nuts jobs that would memorize scripts and such..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lost........Ok I'll admit it. My wife was watching one day and I was on internet (first season). I thought it looked like crap. A few weeks later, I was all into it. Unfortunetly my wife passed away because of cervical cancer at age 39 just over a year ago, but I still I am one of those nut cases all into it, but I dont memorize each script. I find it facinating and it makes me think. My personal belief......L.O.S.T= Labratory Observastion Stress Test ............using this works most of the time, but not always. I'm like you Tulsa....Tivoed every week. Thank God for TIVO!!!!
    :lol8:

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Watch all the time (usually via the web), memorize scripts and such.

Wada ya wanna know?

If I were Jack and Juliette, I would've killed Locke!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

7. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay here's the questions, you freakin' wacko nut job.

Have they changed writers? The plots appear to be losing continuity and they are beginning to reach for anything at all no matter how implausible.

First you have Desmond from England (before the island) where he suddenly runs into Charlie who is a street musician, but Charlie is from Australia. How did Charlie suddenly become English?

Then you have Claire the blonde Australian debutant, is suddenly a gothic brunette in real life even though on a remote island for 80 days without the benefit of hair coloring her blonde eyebrows are still blonde. She suddenly becomes Jacks sister?

Why is it the only guy with military experience on the island, Saeid, keeps easily getting captured by the others while the french women who's been living alone for 16 years is a master marksmen with unlimited ammo and never get captured by anyone? And for these same 16 years hasn't gone looking for her 16 year old daughter before the last two weeks?

If Kate, who also keeps getting captured by the others and has seen how they operate with their surveillance cameras everywhere, how does she just waltz into Jacks new diggs without even bothering to look for surveillance cameras? Also, given that we now know she's obviously a moron, why do they keep letting her lead and they blindly follow her?

Locke's father died on one episode only to not be dead, now rams his son at full force enough to break out a window 8 stories high, and the force of this propels Locke out of the window at least 20 feet before he starts to descend but yet his father who buried his shoulder into him to force him out, somehow stayed in the apartment?

Is it just me, or is this show getting so ridiculous it's becoming unwatchable?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ummm sounds kinda dumb to me...

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well you sound kind of dumb to me!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I never watched it........

I preferred 'Doctor Who'

the storylines are far more believable!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa View Post
    Okay here's the questions, you freakin' wacko nut job.

Have they changed writers? The plots appear to be losing continuity and they are beginning to reach for anything at all no matter how implausible.
    They've got 16 with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse (from Briscoe County Jr) as the main ones.

First you have Desmond from England (before the island) where he suddenly runs into Charlie who is a street musician, but Charlie is from Australia. How did Charlie suddenly become English?
    That was during a puedo-flashback. You'll notice that Charlie doesn't remember Desmond. When the Swan imploded and Desmond was supposedly thrown back in time, Charlie was thrown in to give him another reference from the Island.

Then you have Claire the blonde Australian debutant, is suddenly a gothic brunette in real life even though on a remote island for 80 days without the benefit of hair coloring her blonde eyebrows are still blonde. She suddenly becomes Jacks sister?
    I wouldn't say debutant (that would be Boon's sister Shannon). I kinda wondered that myself, but she might have dyed it all black for the 'goth' look. Being Jacks Half-sister is a stretch, but a lot on this show is!

Why is it the only guy with military experience on the island, Saeid, keeps easily getting captured by the others while the french women who's been living alone for 16 years is a master marksmen with unlimited ammo and never get captured by anyone? And for these same 16 years hasn't gone looking for her 16 year old daughter before the last two weeks?
    I believe this too! Then again, what is the extent of his 'military' experience? If running around the desert fighting your own people is all he's got, I would say this jungle stuff would leave him unprepared.
    Danielle Rousseau (the creepy french chick), has had plenty of time to get her back, maybe she made the same deal with the 'Others' to stay on her side and she'd be left alone.

If Kate, who also keeps getting captured by the others and has seen how they operate with their surveillance cameras everywhere, how does she just waltz into Jacks new diggs without even bothering to look for surveillance cameras? Also, given that we now know she's obviously a moron, why do they keep letting her lead and they blindly follow her?
    That, and she's upset that Jack might have something for Juliette, yet she did 'the nasty' with Sawyer. One minute she's crying like a baby, then she's all 'Lets go get em' Lara Croft.

Locke's father died on one episode only to not be dead, now rams his son at full force enough to break out a window 8 stories high, and the force of this propels Locke out of the window at least 20 feet before he starts to descend but yet his father who buried his shoulder into him to force him out, somehow stayed in the apartment?
    And you failed to mention that he's now magically on the Island?

Maybe he's a robot built by the Dharma people to fool everyone before their ultimate plan comes to fruition! (Yeah, I made that up, but so is everything else in this show!)

How about the fact that the survivors had a hatch (the Swan and now the Pearl) that has running water and electricity and air conditioning (those electronics and computers wouldn't run long without it!), yet there wasn't anyone who wanted to live there? I'm sorry, but after a few days on the beach, and I found out there was someplace with some of the amenities of home (toilet, shower, kitchen, bed, no sand fleas), I'd be killin a few people to get to it.
    And at the communication station (The Flame), when Sayid found all the manuals for apparently the entire island, with maps and drawings, Locke blows it all up! I'm more interested in knowing what the Island is all about. And what is it with this handful of principles that make all these life and death decisions for everyone else? The Others keep saying stay away and they keep coming. You'd think they'd get tired of it and say every time you come here we'll kill 5 of you. I think they'd get the message or get wiped out.

Then again, it's just a TV show!
    I just need to know how it ends!

13. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They all live on one island but now we have a second island as well. Why not, if you really don't want the castaways around, short of just killing them which seems completely doable since you're not exactly governed by any laws on this island. Short of that, why not just take them over to the other island, drop them off and say so long good luck, hope you like to eat plants.

I was staying away from the magical appearance of Locke's father on the show, we have that magic box now you know. They have now created the vehicle they need to create anything their little minds can dream up.

Also, why is Ben going on about how he had to let Jack go because he gave his word and his people would leave him if he didn't but yet he would look weak if he let him go and his people would again leave him if he looked weak and he's saying all of this in front of one of his people?

Isn't that guy just going to go out and tell everyone how weak Ben is and he got lucky Locke came by to blow up the sub? Why blow up the sub? Get your friends off the island first, nothing says you have to leave if you don't want to..

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

you forgot to mention the camper van hutley found that had been there for years and for some reason fired right up and the 8 track still worked but it did rais there spirits and
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

all the above is why I don't watch it

I'm an Amazing race and Surivior watcher,

both seasons are set on my tivo
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They all live on one island but now we have a second island as well. Why not, if you really don't want the castaways around, short of just killing them which seems completely doable since you're not exactly governed by any laws on this island. Short of that, why not just take them over to the other island, drop them off and say so long good luck, hope you like to eat plants.
    Lord knows what else is on that island that they may not want the survivors to have?
    A note about that island: Why were all the Others carrying guns? Supposedly, the only people not Them was Sawyer, Jack and Kate, and they were all locked up. The rest of the survivors didn't even know of the other island. I can understand a couple of guns when your transfering people, but people the survivors probably would never see had guns too. This leads me to believe the Others are not the Hostiles (also because Ben says 'we're the good guys').

I was staying away from the magical appearance of Locke's father on the show, we have that magic box now you know. They have now created the vehicle they need to create anything their little minds can dream up.
    Well I'm thinking about some ice-cream. Thinking real hard!

Also, why is Ben going on about how he had to let Jack go because he gave his word and his people would leave him if he didn't but yet he would look weak if he let him go and his people would again leave him if he looked weak and he's saying all of this in front of one of his people?

Isn't that guy just going to go out and tell everyone how weak Ben is and he got lucky Locke came by to blow up the sub? Why blow up the sub? Get your friends off the island first, nothing says you have to leave if you don't want to..
    Everything Ben says is a lie (I'm waiting for him to say he's lying and watch his head explode! Yes, Star Trek reference!). The thing is, there is someone over him (my guess is Locke's dad!). Ben is supposedly the leader of the Others, yet he let himself get captured and tortured by the survivors. Locke's dad looks kinda the same right now.

About the VW, I kept thinking about all the stuff that was in the back (the blueprints of the roads, etc...), why wasn't anyone interested in that? And those tires weren't dry rotted after all that time in a jungle? And all other things aside, anyone that's push-started a car knows that you have to have it in gear first before you start pushing. Once it starts moving, you'll never get it in gear! Personally, I think they should have driven it down to the beach and shocked the hell out of everyone!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got mad at LOST and stopped watching it seriously some time back. It was too slow to resolve some things while too quick to keep adding other mysteries and questions. I usually have it on the TV, but don't pay too close attention to it. I originally thought the Island was going to end up being some type of Purgatory...

GREY"S Anatomy BABY!!!
    Dawn

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm glad that I've never watched this series because after reading these posts I'm lost.

It's House for me.
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like house..

ive liked hugh laurie since his Black adder days...

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"In to" as in enjoy watching it. Not necessarily to be confused with some freakin wacko nuts jobs that would memorize scripts and such..
    I'm about that into it. I almost quite watching when they kept piling on the new mysteries without resolving any of the old ones. Really creative writers who loved the fans could throw us a bone every week and solve a small mystery while setting up for a big reveal at the end of the season/series.

At this point, I'm sticking around to see how any of this mess gets resolved.

As for any apparent violations of the laws of physics, you must always remember that TV shows happen in a universe very similar to, but distinctly different from our own. The most obvious example is that in most TV universes, hanging up the phone gives the person on the other end an immediate dial tone. My phone doesn't work that way!

Any thing you are a sorta expert in gets screwed up on TV. My wife is a pharmacist.. she's terrible to watch medical shows with: "That doesn't come in a liquid form!" "It's not that color!" "That dose would kill an elephant!" I'm just as bad with computer stuff.

Mythbusters () has had several episodes about how Hollywood violates the laws of physics on a regular basis. Shooting someone and having them fly back while the shooter remains standing is my favorite. Compared to that, putting you shoulder into someone's stomach and heaving them out a window without following them down seems quite plausible!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, and I thought it was lame when the professor made a taxi or a radio out of coconuts and bamboo on Gilligans island.
    I started to watch and couldn't keep up with all the flashbacks, dream sequences, sub and back plots.
    My wife still watches it but she likes to watch the inbreeding on US soaps and keep track of all the combinations.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast