Thread: How many "I told you so's" will I get ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default How many "I told you so's" will I get ?

Okay, so I decided to branch out and try a few pachislos from off ebay. I was looking for cheap and guess I struck gold...The price was right and they were two of my favorite themes, Gamera and Speed Racer.

The Gamera High Vision I bought from Panchinko for $99 plus shipping. It arrived well packed, lights working except belly glass, filthy, greasy, stinky, and with a few long black hairs stuck in the door. The payout table sticker is there, but cigarette burns are rampant and it is peeled off on one corner. Not too much heartbreak, lends a little atmosphere I guess. On the bright side it seems to work out of the box and will certainly give me hours of amusement once properly cleaned and sanitized. I am considering sending back the hair, though. Oh, and the tokens were just flat out nasty, rusty and covered in what looks like machine oil and tar. I have seen very few good things about panchinko on here but thought I would give them a try against what seemed like better judgement.

The Mach Go Go Go I bought from shopda for $120 plus shipping. I am hoping it comes in better condition. I will update you on its arrival. I havent seen too much feedback on this seller here on pachitalk so hopefully no news is good news. The only real concern was that they list paypal as an accepted form of payment on the listing but wont accept it when you try to pay. Makes me wonder if they have had issues and paypal froze their account. There are neg feedbacks but when I bought they didnt seem to have any recent issues. Dont worry, I paid by credit card so I am protected. They were trying to get money order or check as payment but I stood my ground pointing out the logos in their listing for paypal, visa or mastercard.

Neither seller notified of ship date or responded to emails. I finally got contact info and called both for shipping and tracking info.
    Pachinko Captain Solo in the Cargo Bay

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to revmondo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How many "I told you so's" will I get ?

I'll be the first "I told you so". I'm just kidding by the way, hope everything works out with the machines!

Custom Star Wars R2D2 Edition

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It will work out keep patience but vigulant on panchinko Tom will get your machine out to you if
    1 he has it in stock and
    2 if he doesn't forget or send it to the wrong person.
    Nice purchases BTW!
    Last edited by slothappy144; 03-23-2007 at 10:00 PM.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

Thanks
    Thanks Received

An "I Told You So" button...that's an interesting idea... Thanks for sharing your experience
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you'll get your machines eventually...

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, finally getting time to follow up.
    We will start with the Panchinko. They suck, NEVER AGAIN, even if they are giving them away. End of story.
    Moving on to shopda. The Speed Racer was well packed, clean but well used. lots of scratches on top but not in too bad of shape considering the price. Some of the gold chrome trim was worn down in high hand traffic areas, but I may try to restore the trim piece later and didnt think it was too bad, kinda tells a story of sorts. The machine works beautifully, apart from the traditional Sammy Squeal which I fixed right away with volume controls. I also added a gold chrome IGT bandit arm (sorry Tulsa, but it will look really cool once the gear shifter is put on in place of the ball) and one of autostop's credit adds. This by and far has become one of my favored machines, both in looks and gameplay. Its actually the first one to win my wife over.
    I also had a second transaction with shopda where I got 1000 gold tokens for $70 shipped. They were used but very well cleaned, almost as if they had been run through a polisher. These also go well with Speed.
    I have just won my second machine from shopda, a Thunderbirds for $62 plus shipping. If its as good as the first I will be pleased. This sellers feedback had taken a bad turn awhile back but its been steadily climbing. Almost hate to say it because the more people shy away from him the better deals I can get. I am still trying for a Tomb Raider...
    Pachinko Captain Solo in the Cargo Bay

8. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to revmondo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice to hear about a good transaction. I'd been thinking about picking up some tokens from them as well... Thanks for the info.
    Pachinko- Devilman Club, Devilman (2002), Mazinger Z, Cutey Honey, Golgo13 (x2) , Evangelion: Second Impact, Freddy vs. Jason, Inachu Ping Pong Club
    Pachislo- Devilman, Tomb Raider, Golgo13, Golgo13: The Professional