Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Taiyo Electron Has Arrived

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Taiyo Electron Has Arrived

I just got this transalation from a friend on business in Japan!

The puzzle is comming together slowly

-When you insert a metal,16 balls come out.
    -When a ball goes into crown mark,One metal comes out.
    -When a ball goes into Pigeon looking pocket,Red arrow mark at center will flash.
    -and if all lumps of arrow mark flash horizontally,bonus points will be added.
    -When a ball goes into Bonus pocket which is red. "9" and left top "bonus lump" will flash.
    -When 'Bonus lump" is flashing. you can push "3" "10" "14" of bonus buttons.
    -if you push Check-out button during the middle of the game. game will be over.

So now I know that it uses 16 and not 15 balls.
    The Check out button is the red button above the Bonus button on the left face of the machine. it somehow didnt make it into the machine pics LOL there is writting below the red button as well.
    I want sure what it was for but it did reset the machine and payed out the
    due coins if any. So I guess if you dont want to finish a game (Emergancy bathroom run?) you can just stop the play collect and go.
    I guess the bonus button triggers the 3 numbers to help get a good combo.
    The "9" doesnt light when the bonus is triggered so that is a new previously unknown problem.

The 3 vertical flags according to the translator says:

Pearl (colored in Red)
    Silver(colored in White)
    Gold (colored in Blue)

The grammer is written just as I received it dont blame me!!!!!!!!!

I found a sophistcated electronics co. that can reverse engineer the boards and rebuild them without having the machine. It will be costly but I think I will have it done. this machine is too cool, rare and different. to let it just sit incomplete.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Taiyo Electron Lives again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

I have discoverd through accident what was causing the machine not to function properly!
    It was paying out 2 tokens regardless of what was pocketed or even if the machine was not played (You could simply depress the checkout button after a coin was inserted and it would payout 2 coins!) after coin startup.
    I thought that maybe the feeler contacts might be out of alingment on the motor of the main board.
    I did go over them a few times. I had them off before for the initial cleaning. Maybe I had overlooked something so I thought I would check them yet again. See pic 1 the rotor contacts are the copper colored fingers attached to the Plastic Green arms in the center of the board.

I found that if I removed the resistor board to the left of the rotor and perpendicular to the main board. I would have better access to the screws and more room to work. So I removed that board and rotated the contact arm to the left for ease of removal of the screws and contacts then rotated it again for the other side.
    I took my time reinstalling them to make sure all contacts were in alingment and without obstruction. Remember that glass!!!!!

Upon power up and coin insertion the 2 tokens were no longer being dispenced even with the checkout button pressed! Guess what? No tokens dispenced period, even with balls in winning combos UGH!!!!!

Hey wait stupid me!!!! I left the resistor board out..Pics 2 and 3.
    When I put it back in the same thing as before 2 tokens dispenced as well as whatever win.
    Thats it I thought!!!! This is the board that controls the power to the rotor contacts which intern energize the coin solenoid!

I broke out a magnifying glass and went over the board front and back examining every tracing.

Like Moses looking over the Promised land, or the awe on Willie's face when he sees the vid of 7777 on my SpinLuck! Or the Breathtaking visage of Million God being delivered to the true seekers I saw it!!!!!!!!!!!

It was very small but there it was, a small bit of tracing had been burned!
    I broke out the multimeter, checked the continuity of the trace and nada.
    In the pic #4 you can make out the area of trouble.
    Starting from the left and moving to the right.
    Follow along the tracing along the horizontal line labled B and just below the letter C you can see the burned section of tracing!
    I made a jumper wire for a test and taped it from the solder blob on B (just before the burned area) and jumped it to the Solder blob B near the top of the photo where the tracing led to.

I Inserted a coin and..... nothing after using the checkout button!!!!! No coins. Good start.
    After one round of play with balls, and additinoal coin insertion, nothing again.
    After round 3 and hitting some combos Bingo coins came out just as they should!
    I played for all of 1/2 hour and everything works just as it should including the bonus!!!
    Coins payout on winning combos or no coins payed out at all!!!!!!!!

So it was the very small burn of the tracing that was the cause of all of the electrical payout troubles.
    I have no idea what caused the initial burn which cut the tracing but it must have happend a long time ago with the original owner!
    All of this could have been determined much sooner had I the schematics for the machine. I had no clue as to what each board did and controlled.

I wont be needing the very expensive electrical co after all!

Thx to the mistake of forgetting to reinstall the resister board I learned what its function was and that is what led to the discovery of the problem with the machine.

Once I play it more I will be able to determine and post how to really play the game and what does what. I will definatly get a vid together within the next 2 days if not tomorrow.

The only reason I have posted so much on this machine is that it seems to be very rare and I feel that Members would like to know about it.

I also learned that this is a TYPE of machine called ArePachi and there are also modern versions in parlors now!
    There was a different model made at the same time frame as this one! You can see that model as well as some modern versions on the Tayio co web page

The ArePachis really add a new dimension to Pachinko machines and really give you something to shoot for (particular numbers)and are tons of fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Led Zepplin

4. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

cool eye you got
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

6. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2