Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Grand View aka Pachinko_Pallace

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am sorry, it will be a bitter sweet day, I am sorry and envis of you at the same time, for having a dad.

From knowing you, I know he was a fine man.

Greg
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

He was the best, he was my best friend.

Useless tidbit... He was born 12/7 (Pearl Harbor Anniversay) not the same year, but certainly the day we classify as the beginning of our war with Japan. Now my birthday, 8/6 is the anniversay of the first H-Bomb dropped on Hiroshima. Significant of the end of that war, yes we did drop another 3 days later on Nagisaki, but for all practical purposes that first one ended it. Just a weird factoid.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It knocked the will to poop, right out of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, I know I sell Pachislo's so maybe I shouldn't say anything about other vendors, but I think first and foremost I am a collector, enthusiast and fan of the hobby. I think Pachinko_Pallace is going way to far with their "creative ads".

Earlier this week someone posted that they were selling an Exhaust and saying "Only 5 sold on ebay in 2004". Now not only is that so blatantly false that it's almost funny, since I personally sold more Exhaust than that myself, but it has crossed the line in my opinion into purposeful false advertising and deceit

Now a new one... Tomcat, a model that I sold 4 of on ebay myself, they say "only 7 sold on ebay in 2004". I've seen many more. I don't know if anyone here knows them over there, but I really feel this is wrong, first because there is no doubt they know it's not true and 2nd, they know there is no way for the buyer to verify this information, since closed auctions don't go back that far. Everyone knows he sells a good product and gives good service, so why does he have to lie continuously in his ads? I just don't see any excuse for it at all. Here are a few more of the things he says in his ads:

Terminator - Most collectible slot (See Spin Luck)
    Spin Luck - Most collectible slot (See Terminator)
    Beat the Dragon - Only 4 auctioned in 2004 (Completely false)
    Zett- Another first on Ebay (Maybe a few years ago)
    Fire Express (item#6144132345) - Last in stock! (Except for the other)
    Fire Express (item#6144760668) - Last in stock! (yeah right)
    Blackjack - One of the rarest slots ever made
    Las Vegas - One of the rarest slots ever made
    Betty Boop - One of the rarest models made
    Neo Planet - One of the rarest slot machines made
    King Camel - One of the rarest
    Gundam - One of the RAREST slot machines made

And that's only on ones active right now. Plenty more "stretches" in completed auctions. If I say something that is not correct in one of my ads, I want to know about it and I will change it. I changed my Zett ads after our discussion about 5 or 7 line play. I can't confirm 7 line play, so I removed it. Pachinko_Pallace is too good of a seller to be stooping to this stuff.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe they hired a new Ad man, who in his other life was a used car salesman ?
    by the way I bought three TomCats off ebay last year myself.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Everone almost does it How about Furnatue sales car selling a litthe yankie selling is almost the american way , same with a lot of ebay sellers in a lot of dif catagories , Personal experance as we all got to do the best we can if it dont do any harm ,We may be colorfull but we dont cheat the customer on great product
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

that's why we are all members here,

to seperate the bull from the facts.

i take all ads with a grain of salt!!!!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I take all ads with asprin and a side of V-8 juce. Got to get my vegie some way.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We all do including me , The ads just get my attention and hope im smart enough to figer most of them out and do the best I can when I buy something , I win some and lose som , Glad I win more than I lose, Lose ones go back to ebay to ease my pain from being not so smart,I may be dum but not stupid :-? :smt073

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    In closing I would also like to thank everyone for both your kind words as well as your constructive criticism. We take all of your comments seriously and will continue to work at satisfying your needs and concerns.

Eric
    From that, it looks like Eric will welcome our comments. I certainly agree that they are too good of a seller to have a need to say many of the things they do in their ads. Their reputation for quality, as well as their good feeback, should help drive their sales... not hype.

We could help them out, if they'd like, by letting them know when a machine has 2 speakers, and not 4. Or when a machine has a 15" transparent LCD (as stated by the maufacturer), and not an 18" holographic projector. I never spoke directly with Eric, but when I talked with another person at the company, I pointed out the 15" vs 18" concern. They told me, "We had a discussion about that... 15" or 18"... what's the difference?"
    My reply was, "Three inches".

Maybe some of the feedback and constructive criticism doesn't make it all the way to the top... but since Eric is a member here, and welcomes comments as he said above, perhaps he could address them.

Some people know the difference from advertised claims vs. reality. Others don't.
    Some turn their heads, and say "Oh well... I know better"
    To me, anyway... when ANY dealer crosses a line in advertising... it cheapens their product and credibility in my mind. That shouldn't be happening with this dealer... they are too good, and don't need to do it.

I'm willing to help address possible errors about technical things. Others here can help address how many have really been sold, clear the air about "last one in Japan", and other claims.

My point is... they are supporting us with their offer of tokens, and including our flyers with their machines. We can support them as well, by purchasing when we believe we see a good deal (a subjective thing), and perhaps by offering suggestions on how to better word some claims in their ads.

Before anyone asks... No... I won't write the copy for them. They pay someone to do that. But that copyrighter, or Eric, could consider our suggestions. Come on in and look! After all, we're trying to help.

My own personal two cents... or two tokens... or if they sold pachinkos... um... nevermind. :wink:
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

http://members.cox.net/bobd4/deadhorse.gif

You know, this is all getting pretty old. This is the second such post on this issue and the same user has picked on the same vendor again???

Practically every seller on ebay has used "Rare" in their auction descriptions. Practically every seller on ebay streteches things a bit, I'm sure you want to slam Milt for saying the vids in the Thunderbirds machine are episodes from the show. Get real!

Next, it's nonsense. Complete and utter nonsense. Let's all just get a grip here. If they were selling custom junk to people, passing it of as something it isn't, I could see all the hoopla about this. Saying only four were sold on ebay? Who cares? Who bases a buying decision on that tidbit? Maybe they sold only four and simply didn't bother to count what other people are selling?

Zcore, I'm sure PP didn't pay the least bit of attention to the one's you sold last year, so they missed counting them. I do hope you are keeping tally of all the other vendors auctions. :roll:

I'm sure when they said there was four speakers the guy writing the copy for them thought it was such. He could have just as easily made two stereo speakers sound fine in an ad. Maybe it was simply a mistake, lord knows none of us has ever done that before! :roll:

The simple fact is, in the end, the buyer gets a great machine from a quality vendor and fantastic customer support. They have offered to support this board and it's members and give us a deal that no one else is offering to us. So we want to pick up some pebbles and toss it at them.

Nice gratitude guys! :roll:

Give me a freakin' break!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Their tech support is behind kicking they rate at the top. They have helped me even on a machine, I didn't :oops: buy from them, I told them first and they were still willing to help me repair it. :grin:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tulsa

Nobody is denying that they are an excellent seller. In my opinion, I believe they are probably the best on ebay. It doesn't change the facts. I jumped on auction_girl when I smelled something funny and it was correct. I jumped on the Kirby vacuum clown when I thought people were going to get ripped off, even though others were saying the same thing you are now, to just leave him alone and that it's great to have a new, trustworthy seller on ebay.

Saying only 4 sold in 2004 doesn't hurt you because you are on the "extreme" side of the hobby, as are all of us here. Most aren't and if they see a seller say something like that, they tend to believe it and it makes them think it's "rare" and worth more. I don't care how many people do it, it's not right to lie.

I'll continue to defend telling the truth in ads and bring up those that do not until it stops or you remove me. This is an open forum for discussion. I knew you would post like you did. I understand he may contribute here, but it still isn't right. Can I offer everyone 1,000 tokens with ever machine and then make things up about machines or this site and it will be ok?

All I'm asking is that the person that writes the ads be responsible. I can deal with "rare" since not that many places sell these, but the 7 speaker crap and only 4 sold in all of 2004 is just a flat out lie. And no, car dealers can not lie about the cars in ads, they would get sued.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I jumped on auction_girl when I smelled something funny and it was correct. I jumped on the Kirby vacuum clown when I thought people were going to get ripped off, even though others were saying the same thing you are now, to just leave him alone and that it's great to have a new, trustworthy seller on ebay.

PP vs these two? Are you kidding me? Apples and oranges. When PP starts selling machines they don't have out of their garage, we'll talk.

Saying only 4 sold in 2004 doesn't hurt you because you are on the "extreme" side of the hobby, as are all of us here. Most aren't and if they see a seller say something like that, they tend to believe it and it makes them think it's "rare" and worth more. I don't care how many people do it, it's not right to lie.

You do not know what 4 they are referring to and until such time as you do know, I would suggest you quit calling them a liar for it in a very public forum.

I'll continue to defend telling the truth in ads and bring up those that do not until it stops or you remove me. This is an open forum for discussion.
    No one here is editing your text or deleting your posts. This is an open forum and you are certainly free to express whatever feelings you care to.

Can I offer everyone 1,000 tokens with ever machine and then make things up about machines or this site and it will be ok?

Now if you really believe this is what's happening, this is truly sadder than I thought.

All I'm asking is that the person that writes the ads be responsible. I can deal with "rare" since not that many places sell these, but the 7 speaker crap and only 4 sold in all of 2004 is just a flat out lie. And no, car dealers can not lie about the cars in ads, they would get sued.

You can deal with rare? You made this long list of current PP auctions showing their use of the word and now you can deal with it? Are we having an estrogen moment?

The real skinny on PP, they currently have 995 positive feedbacks on ebay and they've only been selling there since April 04. They have no negatives. Don't you think if people were getting conned out of their socks that at least one in almost 1000 machines sold, someone would have slapped them with a negative? I do!

These people take care of their customers above and beyond the call of duty. This is why I support them vehemently. Last July I had a very public battle with Valley Gaming over the fact they would not send to me a ribbon cable I needed for the Neo Planet I purchased from them after waiting for two months. I had also purchased a Hard Boiled that needed reels lights they said they would send to me with my next machine purchase. That was when I sent them a negative on ebay.

Eric, whom I had only purchased one machine from, unlike the four I had purchased from Valley, sent me the ribbon cable and reel lights and extra reel lights at no charge and within two days of hearing about this situation.

He did not have to, he could have done what all the other vendors who read what was going on did, nothing! Instead he took care of me. You can spend a lifetime wondering about how you invest your hard earned dollars and not know about the people you're investing with. I don't have that question in my mind with Eric. Pachinko Pallace took care of me. I know they will be there if I have another need.

That is CUSTOMER SERVICE and that is what I'm buying when I spend money with Pachinko Pallace. Everyone else may talk a good game but they back it up! It's good enough for me!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey this is all great and all, but seriousl, who cares??? Its not our business what they put on ebay. If you dont like them, dont buy from them. THis goes for everyone. They seem to get good feedback and so far ive not seen anyone on here or PC complain mcuh about them. Although I sell out of my garage (lol) and I have great feedback too! Im actually happy to say of the 50+ ive sold in the last 8 months on ebay, Ive never got one bad feedbakc on a machine. We do have 2 or 3 negatives, but those are from books that we sold.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey sell me machines at the same price Milt Does on a Dealer lot with the 1000 extra new tokens and you can stretch the truth to you know where and back and I wont say a thing, must have the same service and ever thing :grin:
    DON

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There was a huge article on Grand View in the magazine that I'm a contributing editor to, Gameroom Magazine. It's worth ordering the back issue to read the article, I learned a few things while reading it. Go to gameroommagazine.com and stock up on some back issues! I also did a review of one of those paperback pachislo guides along the line.

Brendan
    Metal Slug | Bubble Bobble | Dream 7 Max | Automatic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Brendan :

I covered that for these characters a long time ago on another message place and I thought also here. Anyway the issue you are talking about is December 2002 Vol 14 No 12.

When(what issue) did you so your review on the paperback pachislo guide? Was it fairly recently as I think I did read it(your review).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks azle,

I was searching the gameroom back issues for the grand view article and couldn't put my finger on it. My book review was in the august 2004 issue, vol. 16 # 8. The manual wasn't too great. There some handy directions to building slot stands, but there were many spelling errors and was not very thorough. Some of the pics are very sharp while others are very fuzzy. I have never looked at it since I originally read it.

Brendan
    Metal Slug | Bubble Bobble | Dream 7 Max | Automatic

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast