Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Questions For Consumers From New Vendor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Questions For Consumers From New Vendor

As a new vender of Pachislo machines I would like to get some information from you, the prospective buyers. We will be starting to list on Ebay in the month of March. I feel truthfulness and integrity are the two most important things when communicating a sale or service after the sale. So I have the following questions that I would like you the consumers to answer for me.

Some vendors advertise that they spend 3 or 4 hours on each machine and or have 100 or so check points that they check or replace. Is this something you believe? I myself find this very hard to believe when some of the machines sale for 100 dollars or lower. There is not enough profit in a sale like that to pay for it.

Some vendors advertise that they provide a lifetime warranty. Does this make you feel comfortable? Keeping parts for many years takes valuable space that a vendor must pay for. I can see keeping parts on hand for 2 years or less. I will be offering a 2-year “real” warranty. I feel that a real 2-year is more than fair for a used product.

Most if not all vendors replace none working bulbs with used bulbs from non-working machines. But they tell you they replace the bulbs with new ones. What do you feel about this? I have no problem sending bulbs to buyers that need them in that 2-year period. What are your feelings on this?

Being used machines, what conditions do you expect the machine to be in when you receive it? Consider what you want to pay for the machine and what you expect. Scratches, dinks and other flaws, what do you expect? What do you expect to pay for this machine? Lets say we are talking about the machine Death Valley for the sake of these questions.

Thank you in advance for your input.

PachiTim owner and operator of “The Slot Room”
    Located in the Cincinnati, Ohio area

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to PachiTim

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Questions For Consumers From New Vendor

take a look at the thread entitled samari slots on ebay read inwardly digest and then do absaloutly nothing that they have you will go far pachi tim

scrach and dink is exactly what you called it and is usualy a reduced section of a vendors site a 2 year warrenty is the happy medium you realy need to send a traking number as fast after reciving payment or you gonna get a barage of people emailing you asking where there machine is and as you said honisty is the best policy
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

4. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachinkos:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vicky Chance
    Pachislos:
    Mach Go Go Go, Super Blackjack, Yamato

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Delgrieve

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The following is just my opinion...you asked

I would say that the foremost thing is truth in advertising. Represent the machine that you are selling accurately. We will be expecting that the machine we purchase is in fact the machine that is pictured...we really look closely at the pictures. We understand that they are used, but we expect them to arrive clean and packaged in a way that would ensure intact delivery as the shipping fees are considerable. We would also expect that everything on the machine is in working order unless it is stated otherwise.

As for price, you would have to expect that anyone from this forum will back off as soon as the price starts to go too high. We are an informed community and will generally wait for the next great deal if someone is bidding the machine up either intentionally or just because they just don't know.

If you are selling customs, be sure to be truthful about the fact that the machine is indeed a custom. Which comes right back to the truth in advertising.

Lastly....OMG...thank you for stopping by and introducing yourself and asking for input. We love these machines and would welcome and support any new vendors that choose to operate professionally. If you really want to know how we feel about certain issues, the search function here would prove to be valuable as to what we love and what we really hate!!!

Thank you...and again...just my humble opinion!
    Dawn

8. The following 17 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So what I am fearing so far is that the vendor should take pic's of every machine. So If I have 50 of one machine, I should take 50 different sets of pics. I know that no major seller does this. However, that could be a very good selling point. As I said, I am not looking to pull the wool over any eyes.

Thanks so far

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PachiTim View Post
    As a new vender of Pachislo machines I would like to get some information from you, the prospective buyers. We will be starting to list on Ebay in the month of March. I feel truthfulness and integrity are the two most important things when communicating a sale or service after the sale. So I have the following questions that I would like you the consumers to answer for me......
    Welcome and not a problem to get our opinions here

BTW it is refreshing to see a dealer ask us the questions you have asked
    Last edited by azlew; 02-15-2007 at 04:08 PM.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

i agree with you 100% i only show the machine im selling in any pics generics are asking for some one to throw teh machien back at you complaining it is in a bad state comparet to the near perfect one you have specialy prepped for the auction pic hey it takes 5 mins to take and upload the pic arby coffee is teh same that is what is known as true honisty
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some vendors advertise that they spend 3 or 4 hours on each machine and or have 100 or so check points that they check or replace. Is this something you believe? I myself find this very hard to believe when some of the machines sale for 100 dollars or lower. There is not enough profit in a sale like that to pay for it.............
    Do as the best dealer ever = Sir Arbycoffee: Refurb the pachi as to the way you would want your favorite ordered item to arrive to you. The not enough profit is the problem you are going to run into on Ebay as you are afterall entering a bidding arena. If you can't handle the possibility of getting a low bid then by all means start your listing price at the lowest price you are willing to ship a good working pachi.

.....Some vendors advertise that they provide a lifetime warranty. Does this make you feel comfortable? Keeping parts for many years takes valuable space that a vendor must pay for. I can see keeping parts on hand for 2 years or less. I will be offering a 2-year “real” warranty. I feel that a real 2-year is more than fair for a used product.

Most if not all vendors replace none working bulbs with used bulbs from non-working machines. But they tell you they replace the bulbs with new ones. What do you feel about this? I have no problem sending bulbs to buyers that need them in that 2-year period. What are your feelings on this?.....
    Come on! We all know that it is impossible to keep backup pachis in storage for a lifetime for us! But if you are going to offer a lifetime warrantly then at least honor it some way like a replacement etc.

On the light bulbs you are assuming that dealers are replacing with old used bulbs? Well anyway a two year warranty for bulb replacement new or used is a good thing
    Last edited by azlew; 02-15-2007 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The following user says "Thanks" to azlew

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You don't have to of course, but you also have to understand who you are asking about this. We are not experts....but we are to the degree that we spend our time here discussing these very machines and everything about them 24/7. We all share our likes, dislikes, vendor experiences, shipping dilemmas and just about everything in between. If you must use a stock photo, that is fine...but mention it. Because these machines are used, the amount of wear between two machines of the same name can differ greatly. If you take a photo of your best example of any given machine, and the machine that is received looks considerably different...you are bound to have some questions, some complaints and probably some negative feedback in the end. You must decide which way is going to work for you. There are other vendors that sell on volume and do use stock photos...the better vendors will reserve those that are more heavily worn to be sold as scratch and dent...and disclose why they are.

Again...I really appreciate that you are looking for input. We will try to be as honest as possible and you can then take what we've said and incorporate that into your plan as you see fit.
    Dawn

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

.......Being used machines, what conditions do you expect the machine to be in when you receive it? Consider what you want to pay for the machine and what you expect. Scratches, dinks and other flaws, what do you expect? What do you expect to pay for this machine? Lets say we are talking about the machine Death Valley for the sake of these questions.

Thank you in advance for your input.

PachiTim owner and operator of “The Slot Room”
    Located in the Cincinnati, Ohio area

Again you should expect low ball bids on Ebay unless you set the price of the auction to start where you feel you can handle it as a dealer. List a Death Valley for 1.00 opening bid and you may have a last second bid of 2.00. Your cost barebones of a Deathvalley in a container is probably less than 50.00. Then you add the new transformer and refurb etc. So your cost per unit + expected profit is where you will be happy right? I personally would be more than happy to buy a Death Valley at 80.00 delivered but I know that it not likely and a nonreputable dealer would either cancel the auction or just send junk. Going back to arbycoffee as an example in this DeathValley thing : if arbycoffee sells any pachi : it has been cleaned perfectly thru and thruout with a new transformer installed etc. If he were to list at 1.00 and end up having to sell it at say 2.00 + shipping...he would still eat the loss because he knows that in the long run his reputation is the most important thing in this industry.

Use arbycoffee as your example of being a dealer on Ebay and then anything close to that will be great for you and of course all your soon to be loyal customers.

Good luck to you on Ebay!!
    Last edited by azlew; 02-15-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: spellin' ;-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some vendors advertise that they provide a lifetime warranty. Does this make you feel comfortable? Keeping parts for many years takes valuable space that a vendor must pay for. I can see keeping parts on hand for 2 years or less. I will be offering a 2-year “real” warranty. I feel that a real 2-year is more than fair for a used product.

Most if not all vendors replace none working bulbs with used bulbs from non-working machines. But they tell you they replace the bulbs with new ones. What do you feel about this? I have no problem sending bulbs to buyers that need them in that 2-year period. What are your feelings on this?

The one Vendor that does life time I trust Is "
    Stealth" and he does replace with new and replace them later on. Him I do trust fully. He has righted any errors and does it with a smile.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Honesty, Good detailed photos, good detailed information about your warranty, Great packaging and prompt shipping with tracking information, offer beautiful reconditioned machines so the feeling of ownership is as close to new as possible, (ex...shiny chrome, plexiglass free of scratches and knicks, no dimples in the reels, broken ashtrays, etc) Offer 500 or more tokens with purchase, vendors that offer 250 arent cutting the cheese because most machines require at least 500 or more all the time in the hopper. And last but not least try and get your hands on the good machines with the higher demands, you will find out over time which machines those are. I can not speak for everyone but if bells and whistles arent there and the gameplay is awful, chances of sale, weak. I personally have found the overally done machines in Japanese along with the writing and wording tend to carry no intrest with me. I like the American themed and speaking machines. You have the right idea by getting the input of people who have the intrest in the product you are looking to sell . Good Luck!!!
    Betty Boop, Popeye, Austin Powers, Speed Racer, Neo Planet, Fire Express, Dracula Returns, Tarot Master, King Camel. Rio DeCarnival ,Spin Luck

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiroom

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I do believe that you reap what you soe. I will be starting the bidding at a fair price and any buy it now prices will be about 10% more than the starting price.

As for as Milt at stelth I have no idea if he uses new bulbs or not, he can tell you that. As far as a lifetime warranty, well only time will tell. Got nothing against him. I hope he continues to do well.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good luck to you!
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

He "Stealth" is the old dog in the woods, for he has been at it the longest to my knowledge. He is A fair man!
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

c-o-m-m-u-n-i-c-a-t-i-o-n!!!!!!!! and H-o-n-e-s-t-y!!!! can't stress it enough....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

These are all used machines, so they aren't in perfect condition, and some of us are fussier than others.

what might be acceptable to me, may not be for someone else.

I expect the door to be in good condition with nothing pitted, cracked or broken.

the reels should all line up properly and the inside should be free of dirt and dust. I would say that about 1/2 the machines i got had dirty or dusty hoppers.

tokens should be bagged securely and clean.

prompt tracking info and good packing are a must. it pays in the long run to pack good because you will have less problems with damage from shipping.

I would have no problem with a 90 day, 6 month or a year warrenty from a vendor. once you get them setup you seldom have any major problems.

If you are going to use a stock picture make sure it is as close to what you really are shipping.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

26. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

on all of the above!
    Do you happen to have a Sinbads Adventure for a good price in great shape?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We use new bulbs in most cases. We became a distributor for a large bulb company in the US so we get them at very good prices... Some of the bulbs are used that we replace as I get them straight from Japan for the ones the US company doesn't supply... Welcome to the Industry!

29. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Stealth

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sparks911,

Yes, I have 6 or 7 sinbad machines. I am not ready to start shipping yet. Would cost too much to ship prior to getting setup, which should be 2nd week of March. Straight buy of that machine would be about 250.

Stealth,

Thank you.

31. The following user says "Thanks" to PachiTim

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast